ChemRisk Interview Questions | Glassdoor

ChemRisk Interview Questions

Interviews at ChemRisk

3.2

Internship Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at ChemRisk.

Interview

I meet with a recruiter at a job fair and they requested a phone interview with me about 10 days after I applied. On the phone, I interviewed with two associate health scientists who were very friendly. Haven't heard back from them yet, but they said they will let me know within two weeks of my phone interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ChemRisk (Denver, CO) in May 2017.

Interview

Started off with a phone interview with a health scientist and a Professor in Ecotoxicology. Didn't think I did too well but good enough to make it to the second interview which was with two associate health scientists over skype. Both interviews lasted around 30 minutes. They are going to ask you about your CV/Resume and what you projects you have done relative to the company/job. Did not get the offer although this was my first real interview for a job so it was a good experience to go through.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at ChemRisk.

Interview

Visited my school first and spoke to every applicant separately. They mostly asked me to elaborate on things written on the resume I had with me. After 2 weeks, I was asked which sites I preferred to work at. Was interviewed by a site that I did NOT want another 2 weeks later. This was a phone interview with two associate scientists. Overall, both interviews were only 30 minutes and the people were very friendly. Was not offered anything because apparently there were no more spots left.

Interview Questions

• Explain a little more about ___ on your resume.
      What is your favorite class? Least favorite? Why?
      How would you approach a problem?
      Have you done lab work?
      How are your public speaking skills?
      What project on our site is most interesting to you?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Interview

I had three rounds of phone interviews: one with HR, two with staff scientists. All questions related to environmental health interests and were fairly simple. They wanted to see if I would fit in with their culture

Interview Questions

• Questions regarding future directions and what I do with my spare time, also they asked if I was alright going "outside the box," which means doing administrative tasks   Answer Question

Intern - Hourly Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ChemRisk in February 2015.

Interview

Very informal and comfortable. Mainly ask about personal experiences and interests. Interviewers were staff members who were polite and laid back. No situational questions were asked at all. Overall a very comfortable and engaging interview.

Technical Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at ChemRisk (San Francisco, CA) in December 2013.

Interview

The company came to recruit in person at my school of public health. After giving a presentation, everyone in attendance was split between a recruiter and a current employee for a short interview. They came in December, looking for both interns and full-time employees. I interviewed with the recruiter. She looked at my educational background and highlighted key courses in statistics, environmental health sciences, and epidemiology during my first year of M.P.H. and courses in chemistry, biology, and geology I took as an undergraduate. She also asked about previous research experience. This took about 20 minutes.
    About one month later, I had an interview with two consultants over skype. This one lasted about 45 minutes and consisted of me telling my educational and professional story. There were few technical questions, more typical interview questions like "what is a challenge you have faced and how did you overcome it?" The company is seeking those who have a combination of inter-personal skills as well as technical skills in their focus areas of toxicology, industrial hygiene, epidemiology, and environmental engineering.
    About three weeks after this, I received a call telling me I was offered a position. They were very flexible with the expiration date, and I did not officially accept for two months.

Interview Questions

• I see you have completed some interesting research. What is the most interesting thing you found?   Answer Question

Summer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at ChemRisk (New York, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

I was interviewed by two very friendly staff. Their questions were generally about why I am interested in ChemRisk/consulting and what expectations I have for the internship. They also asked about specific experiences that I listed on my resume.

Environmental Scientist Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at ChemRisk in July 2017.

Interview

a 30-min phone interview. The Chemrisk person was very friendly, but I was still very nervous. The questions were not hard but I did not give them a very clear answer.

Epidemiologist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ChemRisk (San Francisco, CA) in June 2011.

Interview

After applying, I spoke on the phone to someone who scheduled me for an in person interview. After talking to groups of employees (2 at a time) I gave a seminar about my research over lunch.

Interview Questions

• Were the results that I saw due to overfitting of the data?   Answer Question

Health Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at ChemRisk (Chicago, IL) in August 2011.

Interview

I had a phone interview. The interview question were related to school and how I would apply my education to their company. I personally believe if you did get a 3.5 GPA they probably won't hire you fresh out of school. Great company though. Didn't get past the phone interview unfortunaltey. Research this company before the interview

Interview Questions

• Name your favorite class and why? How would you apply what you learned to benefit out company   Answer Question