Chemours Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sort:
  1. Featured Interview

Senior Reliability Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Parkersburg, WV

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Chemours (Parkersburg, WV) in August 2016.

Interview

Applied on line received a call about a month later asking if I was interested in a phone interview. Conducted a phone interview and about 5 days later asked if I would want to conduct an on site interview. Conducted an onsite interview it was very well structured. Met with several groups they asked technical questions, STAR questions, and for the first time with any company I have ever interviewed with questions about my previous jobs, the questions were designed to see what are your interests and dislikes. It was all in all a very positive experience. The people were very genuine and nice.

Lab Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Parkersburg, WV

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Chemours (Parkersburg, WV) in January 2017.

Interview

Interview consisted of 2 parts -45 minute interview and then a 75 minute hands on assessment in the lab. Everyone was very friendly. I wasn't offered a position this time, but they strongly encouraged me to keep checking their job page and welcomed me to keep trying.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Chemours.

Interview

Applied for job via internet at Indeed.com. Was a contract job, so recruiter advised me of role and needed reference. After reference was called, I was scheduled for a phone interview. Two weeks later, I was offered the position. The process in my opinion was very easy.

Interview Questions

• How did my previous experience apply to the position I was applying for?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Chemours.

Interview

Applied......almost 2 months later got emailed for an interview........ Told it would be up to 3 weeks for a call back/notification on their decision........going on 4 weeks now, while process up to this point has taken 3 months, and was told background could take up to an additional month, HR is seriously lacking, need to be more interactive with applicants

IT Audit Senior Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, DE

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Chemours (Wilmington, DE) in July 2017.

Interview

The process involved a phone interview and in person interview with three individuals from audit management. It was really quick and the entire in office interview took an hour. They didn’t really ask questions to see if I was qualified for the job and came back with an offer the same day. It seemed they were desperate to fill the position. Also, the third party recruiter lied about some aspects of the job and stated there were multiple offers pending in an effort to get me to interview/accept ASAP even though that was not the case. It was clear they were just trying to fill the spot. The position has been open for months and multiple people have told me about their poor interview experience at Chemours. I wouldn’t recommend.

Interview Questions

Management seemed very desperate to fill spot. Didn’t get a good feel for the office when I interviewed. Position had been open for months

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in South Wilmington, DE

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Chemours (South Wilmington, DE) in January 2012.

Interview

Transferred from DuPont so I didn't have a formal interview. Im unsure if Chemours will follow the same interview process that Dupont had. If so, the interview ask nothing around skill set. The interview is all personality based. Repetitive questions for 8 hours so make sure you answer them the same.

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Chemours.

Interview

Very slow process. HR is not on the ball. From original application, it took approximately 4 months to get through the process. Was hired as a DuPont employee. Hopefully Chemours will streamline the process.

Interview Questions

• Questions were more about my past experience than anything.   Answer Question

R&D Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, DE

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Chemours (Wilmington, DE) in August 2013.

Interview

Off-site formal interview process. Full day interview (breakfast and lunch included and are also part of the interview process). 3 formal one-on-one interviews. Focus on behavioral questions (STAR style questions).

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a situation in which something didn't go the way you expected. What did you do?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Negotiation was fairly simple. They asked for a desired salary during application process, then responded with a fair market value. There is a little wiggle room around the competitive rate, just need to ask.

Research Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, DE

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Chemours (Wilmington, DE) in June 2017.

Interview

Applied online. The process took ~ 1 month. First, general screening, then interview with the technical team (with the manager and hiring manager), then onsite. The technical part was extremely extensive. The onsite interview was from 9 to 5. First meet with the manager, then couple of interviews followed by an hour of presentation, then lunch and series of interviews (including an 1.5 h HR interview).
    People are extremely professional and nice! They have created a positive environment during my interview.
    Suggestions: Make sure you are an expert in your field. They ask real life technical (unsolved) problems and you won't be able to address those unless you are an expert. They ask direct questions like, we are having such and such problems. We tried this but it is not working. What do you think?
    The HR questions were really tough. Every question was associated with a long story and multiple issues were connected together. For instance, "how do you handle a conflict?" --> do not expect this type of simple questions. They will add 2/3/4 other elements into it and make it very difficult to answer. That's why it can last up to 2 h. Be well prepared for that.

Interview Questions

• All possible technical problem based questions; They did not ask me any question, which is not related to the job description or my resume.

HR questions were based on conflict, team play, stress handling, work-life balance, how do you handle failure, disagreement with a co-worker and your boss, client handling, how do you solve a problem, you took a risk, questions related to work ethics, etc.   1 Answer

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, DE

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Chemours (Wilmington, DE) in November 2017.

Interview

I did a phone screen with the Recruiter who reached out to me. We went over, in depth, what the position would entail, how the company has been growing, and what my background and skills were. After that, I was invited to come into their office to interview with the team 1:1. This lasted about two hours and everyone was very enthusiastic and told me all about the company, how the team operated, and what their goals were. After a week, I was invited back to do a second interview with a more senior HR member. Both interviews were structured more like a conversation where they asked about my previous positions and projects and asked me to explain how I would go about the new position.
    Before I left, I was told that they would let me know within a week: I never heard back from anyone. During the entire process, the recruiter was difficult to get in contact with and never reached out to explain next steps. I would not want to work for a company that does not communicate effectively and that leaves candidates hanging.

Interview Questions

• What would be my strategy for the new position and how would I move it forward.   Answer Question

Senior Operator Interview

Interview

Long time in between interviews and contacts, spaced far out. Recruiter seemed nice, easy to get along with. Not much to say. Pretty average. Nothing stood out. had other interviews lined up before this first call.