Chenega Corporation Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Chenega Corporation Interview Questions

Updated Nov 29, 2016

2.3

Project Management Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Chenega Corporation.

Interview

Invasive and inappropriate. Interviewer did not ask me any questions. The interviewer talked about themselves the entire time, in particular how they moved up through the company and how many owe this person thanks for their successes because this person mentored them. The interviewer read my resume to me and made comments, but when I tried to elaborate/hold a conversation with this person about my qualifications, they talked over me and continued talking about themselves.

At the end, the interviewer took a last glance at my resume and stated, "Oh, you live on a military base? So your spouse is active duty? I didn't notice that until now. We do not like to invest time in candidates who will only be with us for a minimal amount of time."

This is not only an EEO violation, but pathetic considering Chenega has a banner on their website stating they support the hiring of Military Spouses. What's more entertaining is that the interviewer assumed my spouse was active duty (when my spouse is not) and that only active duty families can live on a military base (which is also not true).

Interviewer also asked how old I was and kept calling me a completely different name than my own, regardless of having my resume in front of him and me correcting him politely multiple times. Told me I would receive a communication regarding a hiring decision in a few days. It's been over a month and still have yet to receive anything.

I have never been treated so disrespectfully in an interview. Thankfully, another company who also advertises themselves as supporters of hiring military spouses took me on for $15k more than this joke of company. When I told them the story of this interview, they were horrified, and urged me to file an official complaint against Chenega.

This interview was certainly a learning experience for me. If this time of interaction occurs in the future, I'll know to politely excuse myself and discontinue the interview process. I'm proud that I stood my ground while keeping a polite demeanor.

Instructional Systems Designer-Lectora-TS Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Chenega Corporation (Atlanta, GA) in May 2016.

Interview

The recruiter called to set up an interview, and I went into their local office to speak to the project manager. However, the actual position was not accurately reflected in the job listing, and no one that the chosen candidate would be working with directly was part of the interviewing process.

Interview Questions

• What has been your experience with Lectora?   1 Answer

Recruiting Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Anchorage, AK

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Chenega Corporation (Anchorage, AK) in February 2016.

Interview

One phone interview followed by three in person interviews. One interview offsite. Two interviews at headquarters. The courtesy of meeting the executive leader was part of what was 3/4 of a positive experience. Closure consisted of....there was no closure.

Interview Questions

• Most of the interview questions were very typical behavioral based questions. Two of the three HR representatives in the room were extremely engaging and extremely positive during the 2nd interview. They were inspirational. Most interview questions were well within the box. Two questions from their HR department would be considered either illegal, inappropriate, or both.

In spite of a delightful interview experience due to the two positive and engaging representatives, I was extremely puzzled by three things:

1) When I asked about how the HR team would rank the most important functions in the 20+ point job description, I was told "we don't need to answer that." When asking about the work breakdown structure by the percentage of time spent in each functional area, they could not provide an answer. When asking about the career path, they could not answer the question.

2) Instead of sharing the positive aspects of the company, one HR representative during two separate interviews spoke more about what was wrong with the company instead of what was right about it.

3) I was told that my references were going to be checked quickly in the process of leading up to what I thought was going to be an offer. It turns out none of my references were called and no one from the company ever saw fit to close the loop with an offer, a no thank you call, a no thank you letter, or any correspondence to even indicate that they were not moving forward. They completely fell off the face of the earth without any explanation or closure.
      Answer Question

Web Page Editor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Chenega Corporation (Salt Lake City, UT) in November 2015.

Interview

had a phone interview with a recruiting agency and then an in person interview with the project manager. They didn't ask any technical questions nor did they have any technical tests I had to take. They simply went through the job asked if I would be able to do what they needed (code in html, work with bootstrap. etc.)

Interview Questions

• Have you used bootstrap in the past?   1 Answer
    • When would you be able to start   1 Answer

Field Logistics Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Springfield, VA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Chenega Corporation (Springfield, VA) in October 2015.

Interview

Chenega Corp came on to take on previous employees on the contract (Wolverine Services, LLC) as a good gesture from the government. They asked very basic questions but honestly don't seem to know what's going on in the logistical world. They had us meet with the project manager, HR team, security team all on the same day.

Human Resources Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chesapeake, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Chenega Corporation (Chesapeake, VA).

Interview

After the initial phone screening/interview, a panel interview was set up consisting of 3 people. The interviewers, office, and atmosphere were nice. The whole process from initial call to their decision was 3 weeks. At the interview they made sure you were relaxed which was a nice change of pace from most interviews but all the questions asked were not typical. They were not really behavioral based nor were they curious about your previous employment except for specific skills.

Interview Questions

• Not your normal questions. The questions asked were "what changes do you see in the future of HR," and how much I knew and worked with contracts.   Answer Question

IT Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lorton, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Chenega Corporation (Lorton, VA) in July 2015.

Interview

easy and quick process. over the phone and in person with 3 people. The experience was easy and to the point. I got a chance to meet the people I would be working with. it was very informal and they put my easy. we laughed and joked around for a bit. Very laid back and casual. Informal and just to the point. They were flexible since I was on my way to Doctor's appt and we hit it off right away. it was nice to meet the people I would be working with on a daily basis. how long have you been doing your job. tell us about past experiences on your resume. how do you think you would fit in. we work hard but play very hard, which is true thus far. I have also gotten a chance to travel, which is nice to know.

Negotiation

over phone and email

Program Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Chenega Corporation in June 2015.

Interview

First Interview: Over the Phone
    Second Interview: In the Office

I had applied to a previous position, interviewed over the phone and did not get that position. Two months later the recruiter called me back to offer me an interview for a different position. I then applied on their website and did the interview over the phone. I asked questions that were very specific to the field, which the recruiter was unable to answer because they are not in this field, they are HR. I then was offered a second interview which took place in their offices which are really new. There were about three people present in the offices. My interview was laid back and explained to me more about the company and a little about the position. He asked me simple questions and I told him why I would be a good fit. No pressure.

Interview Questions

• Would you say that you're an organized person?   1 Answer

Records Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Chenega Corporation (Washington, DC) in February 2015.

Interview

It was okay very nervewrcking they asked alot of questions thatnk god he had my back. Ladies were nice but the project manager is fake pretended to be nice but gossips a lot

Referral Clerk Interview

Interview

Very simple telephone questionnaire. No formal interview. Submitting a resume is basically your interview no real question, only ask if hours and benefits are acceptable. A lot of paperwork and training, but overall a very simple process.

Interview Questions

• no real question, only ask if hours and benefits are acceptable   Answer Question