Chesapeake Public Schools Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Chesapeake Public Schools

2.4

Job Coach Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chesapeake, VA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Chesapeake Public Schools (Chesapeake, VA) in July 2011.

Interview

I contacted human resources after seeing a listing for the position in the school I had previously worked at. They submitted my candidacy to the administration at the school where the job was open. That school called me and set up an interview. I went in for the interview and spoke with two of the assistant principals who asked me a series of questions. About a week later, I received a call from human resources offering me the position.

Interview Questions

• Most questions were pretty typical of an interview for a non-licensed employee of a school system. However, the question sticking out in my mind as unexpected from the interview is "How do you feel about parents having your cell phone number?".   1 Answer

Site Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chesapeake, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Chesapeake Public Schools (Chesapeake, VA) in July 2016.

Interview

Short and simple was not much to say about it the human resources department did most of the work. I was then called by the office and interviewed by the director of SNS and supervisors and it was in the hands of the board after that.

Interview Questions

• If you had to send a worker to another site, how would you go about doing it?   Answer Question

Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chesapeake, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Chesapeake Public Schools (Chesapeake, VA) in October 2018.

Interview

Pretty basic. Interviewer had a sheet of typical questions you would expect to see in a teaching interview. She was very nice and it felt more like a professional conversation on education than a stressful interview!

Interview Questions

• What is your weakness in teaching.   1 Answer

Teacher Interview

Interview

Open ended questions. Many about incorporating new strategies into the class room. How to Differentiate learninig the classroom.. how to use Benchmarks and scaffolding in the classroom. Strategies for behavior problems.

Assistant Principal Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chesapeake, VA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Chesapeake Public Schools (Chesapeake, VA) in February 2014.

Interview

Multi-step process: timed written response, verbal interview with a principal, assistant principal and someone from downtown. If you pass this stage, you are invited to sit in another panel interview with all superintendents. If you pass this stage you receive another interview and are asked to keep the offer (if offered) secret until after the school board meeting that announces your position.

Interview Questions

• What does an assistant principal do?   1 Answer

Negotiation

None available.

Substitute Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chesapeake, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Chesapeake Public Schools (Chesapeake, VA) in January 2015.

Interview

Fill out application. Basic application until the bottom where they ask about college credits (there's a certain amount you have to have to be a sub). They also ask why you would like to substitute teach. After that you are called if everything on your application is verified. By verified that means they do an entire check on all jobs you wrote down. Your references have to personally fill out a sheet of paper on your behalf so be careful. Also have to do a rigorous background check and sex offender check which you pay for. Between all these steps takes a while. Really not an interview just s long process.

ESL Tutor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chesapeake, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Chesapeake Public Schools (Chesapeake, VA) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied on the Chesapeake Public Schools site. The online application is pretty lengthy. Once all the references respond to CPS then you can be called for an interview. It took about 2 weeks for me to receive an interview.

Interview Questions

• I had two very relaxed interviews for this position. One interview with the Coordinator of ESL and the school principal. There were really no generic interview questions. I primarily discussed my previous experience and education and how it relates to the position for both interviews.   Answer Question

Bus Driver Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chesapeake, VA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Chesapeake Public Schools (Chesapeake, VA).

Interview

Easy going, Already looked into your referrals. Do you like children. How would you handle an irate parent, Must be an on time person. You can take your own children over a year old on the bus with you.

Interview Questions

Application

The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Chesapeake Public Schools.

Interview

You complete and submit the application. There is no interview. If you meet the criteria for hiring, you receive a letter in the mail notifying you to come in for fingerprinting. You have to pay for the fingerprinting and background check yourself (you are instructed to bring in a certified check).

Classroom Teacher Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Chesapeake Public Schools.

Interview

Contact Chesapeake Public Schools Administrative office. Fill out an application online.

Interview Questions

• Questions asked: What instructional strategies to you intend to incorporate into your teaching? What are your strengths and how do intend on using them? What are your weaknesses and how do you intend on strengthening them? What steps would you go through if you were teaching a child who seemed to be struggling academically or behaviorally?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I accepted without negotiation because this is the best school division in the Hampton Roads area.