Chestnut Health Systems Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3.2

Interviews for Top Jobs at Chestnut Health Systems

Crisis Unit Case Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Granite City, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Chestnut Health Systems (Granite City, IL).

Interview

Not too intense but you must know about chronic mental illness and substance abuse because this is the primary client that you will be working with. There may be many times when you have to de- escalate crisis situation.

Interview Questions

• About my knowledge of mental illness   1 Answer

Clinician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Granite City, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Chestnut Health Systems (Granite City, IL) in August 2015.

Interview

Met with Human Resources, hiring supervisor, and director of the department to review employment opportunity, skills, training required, education requirements, and scope of job duties. Compensation was discussed last. Chestnut offers decent benefits - nothing special or over the top. Family insurance is very high cost considering the pay.

Interview Questions

• Tell about a time you had to handle a difficult work situation. How did you handle it?   Answer Question

QA Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Normal, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Chestnut Health Systems (Normal, IL) in March 2010.

Interview

Consisted of two interviews, 1 written portion, phone acceptance and orientation.

1st interview- Met with 3 team managers (including team leader). Discussed educational background, discussed me as a person, discussed my goals, discussed the position.

2nd interview- Met with 7 people total (5 at once and then 2 after the first group which consisted of the team leader, team managers, team leaders boss and training specialists). For this interview it got more in depth with first round of questions, plus asked me some work- related situation-type questions of on the job tasks/encounters/issues. There was also a more in depth summary of the job and the requirements and what a day to day would look like. I took notes during this part and it ended up helping for the next part of the interview.

After the second interview took place there was a short of quiz over the position of the job that required one to write out a summary of the key details of that job position and things that were went over in the interview (e.g., since this is a training position then it was things pertaining to what was learned in the interview and what was expected to be trained while on that job). I had a few days to submit this.

After I submitted the last part I think it took them 2-3 weeks to get back to me and I was offered the job over the phone. After which an orientation was scheduled 1-2 days after that and I started within a few days of that.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if a trainee was slow to understanding something or was behind in certification?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Only thing negotiable was day of start

Residential Counselor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bloomington, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Chestnut Health Systems (Bloomington, IL) in August 2008.

Interview

lots of questions about scenerios that might happen and to tell you that this is not a job where you can come in and feel like you can change the lives of these kids

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no negotiation