Chicago Marketing Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.0

1. Featured Interview

Management - Brand Ambassador Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Chicago Marketing (Chicago, IL) in February 2019.

Interview

Great office - everything was easy, well defined and explained. Great upbeat office environment. They had fun summer music playing - the staff was super friendly and telling jokes the whole time. It was great.

Interview Questions

Chicago Marketing Response

Mar 28, 2019 – Human Resource Director

Hey there - thank you for the positive feedback! We are glad that the process was easy and positive for you.

Corporate Trainer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Chicago Marketing in May 2019.

Interview

The first interview was fairly short just to make sure you are who you say you are. The second interview was longer where you go through step by step what happens. What you apply for and what they hire you for are two different things. They fail to mention what you will actually be doing. They say two days off but if you actually want to succeed, expect to work 7 days a week.

Interview Questions

Chicago Marketing Response

Jun 19, 2019 – Human Resource Director

Hi there - we always appreciate feedback, however, we disagree with the statements here as it is not our business practice. We spend a lot of time and energy in the interview process being... More

Corporate Trainer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Chicago Marketing in July 2018.

Interview

Very odd interview process, they did not try to schedule a time to call me, they simply called me about a week after I submitted my application and didn't even asked me if it was a good time for me, simply started asking questions, seemed to be in a rush to try to get me in the very next day, a lot of red flags went out, first of all, the fact that it is not Corporate Training as it is advertised, based on the interview "You will start at a lower position and work your way up, promotions can happen every 2 months". Also there were no specifications as to what type of training is required, interviewer seemed to just agree with me on everything and wanted to get me in for the in-person interview as soon as possible (the very next day) I declined, after reading some of the reviews seems like a lot of empty promises and that this is just your run-of the mill door to door sales. Feel like a dodged a bullet on this one.

Interview Questions

Chicago Marketing Response

Aug 31, 2018 – Human Resource Director

Hi There, I appreciate you following up with a review - but I think you have the wrong company information. This is not relevant or cohesive to our interview process at all. We do not do any door to... More

Corporate Trainer Interview

Interview

three interviews.. i was emailed to set up an interview appointment. when i did not respond, i was called to follow up. when i called back the next day, i spoke with a very helpful representative. we scheduled my interview right away.

Nov 1, 2017 – Human Resource Director

Thank you for taking time to review your interview experience we are glad to hear it was easy and quick for you.

Part Time Interview

Anonymous Employee in Palatine, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Chicago Marketing (Palatine, IL) in May 2018.

Interview

3 step interview process in the office, short brief very basic interviews that promised quick growth in the company, a high base pay, fun work environment with customer and employee relations. Very deceptive and should have been a red flag. Not true "marketing" like they tell you.

Interview Questions

• What is a goal you have in life?   1 Answer

Aug 2, 2018 – Human Resource Director

Hello there. We are glad the interview process was smooth for you. We thrive on our company culture and and growth opportunity within the company. With that being said, we are a full service... More

Assistant Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oak Brook, IL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Chicago Marketing (Oak Brook, IL) in May 2015.

Interview

Several interviews. Long process. Spoke to an Hr professional before actually coming in. Booked an interview online using their calendar. Took several days to actually meet with them due to our schedules not matching. They were accommodating and polite.

Interview Questions

• My background with Compass & hospitality.   1 Answer

Jul 2, 2018 – Human Resource Director

Thank you for your feedback! We try to be as accommodating as possible with everyone's schedules. We know how hard it is to balance life and looking for work.

Assistant Marketing Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Chicago Marketing (Chicago, IL) in November 2017.

Interview

MARKETING PROFESSIONALS STAY AWAY. I am very cautious of scam sales companies luring in candidates as a marketing company when looking for new opportunities. Chicago Marketing Inc. fooled me. I applied for the Assistant Marketing Director position, had a call with HR to discuss the position in detail and was ensured this was not a sales position. That it was in fact a marketing position that assisted the sales department. That was all a lie. They lured me to their office 45 minutes away from my home to have a five minute interview to see if I was willing to do months of DirectTV sales inside of Costco to possibly earn the position of assistant marketing director. Once I informed them that, "No, after 10 years working in Fortune 500 companies as marketing director, I did not want to sell cable inside of a grocery store," I was told, "thanks for coming!" Looking for a sales job? Head there! Looking for an actual position inside of a corporate structure? THIS IS A COMPLETE WASTE OF YOUR TIME.

Interview Questions

• Would you like to sell DirectTV inside of a Costco to earn this position? Don't worry, you'll get a salary!   1 Answer

Dec 7, 2017 – Human Resource Director

As we always appreciate constructive feedback I would like to address this review, our company is a Brand Marketing & Sales company. It states right on our website everything we do is in store. The... More

Assistant Marketing Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Downers Grove, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Chicago Marketing (Downers Grove, IL) in May 2016.

Interview

Interviewed at the downers grove location with Stephen and Jacob. It was short about 15 minutes then was brought to a second and third interview. Was very friendly and nice but did not ask me any questions about my resume or background which was very strange. I was hoping more for a marketing and advertising role in the company until my realization at the third interview that that's not what kind of job they offer. The "training" is 10 months long. Seemed like they sugar coated the job description instead of being forward regarding the job responsibilities. Jacob, the CEO, seemed very quiet did not ask me any questions either about my background and didn't really seem to care.

Interview Questions

• Didn't really ask me anything besides how I found the job and then explained the job "training" structure.   Answer Question

Jul 5, 2018 – Human Resource Director

Thank you for feedback. We always appreciate constructive criticism. With that being said, we have a detailed hiring process that allows us to get to know each individual personally as well as... More

Assistant Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Downers Grove, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Chicago Marketing (Downers Grove, IL) in August 2016.

Interview

The process took a few days to finally set up, explained the business and then showed me the ins and outs. At the end they went over paper work, hours, and pay and the told me that I would receive benefits. I was a lot submitted to a background obligation and a drug test.

Interview Questions

• Can you work on the weekends?   1 Answer

Nov 30, 2016 – Human Resource Director

Thanks for writing us a review, we are so glad you came in and met with our management staff. Also to hear we offered you a position. If you have any other suggestions to us please reach out as we... More

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Chicago Marketing (Chicago, IL) in October 2018.

Interview

It was a normal interview for the most part. Very professional, straight forward and upbeat. I met with two hiring managers for about 45 minutes. The receptionist was polite and welcome but I was slightly disappointed with the time management; The managers were stuck in a meeting before our interview and couldn't meet with my until 20 minutes after my scheduled time. In the end it worked out well.

Interview Questions

Chicago Marketing Response

Oct 18, 2018 – Human Resource Director

We appreciate the feedback on the interview process. It appears as though we were running behind schedule when your appointment was scheduled. We do apologize for the inconvenience and will continue... More

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Chicago Marketing (Chicago, IL) in January 2017.

Interview

Very basic/basic background information and general studies. They did not really going much into the basic details of the job as much as i wish they did but pretty laid back other than that.

Interview Questions

Chicago Marketing Response

Nov 8, 2018 – Human Resource Director

Hi there and thanks for the feedback. We are glad the process was easy for you - we always want to make sure that anyone we have in has a good understanding of the company and details of the role... More