Chicago Public Schools Interview Questions

Updated May 14, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 182 of over 182 interviews

2.7
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at Chicago Public Schools

Chicago Public Schools

Application

I interviewed at Chicago Public Schools

Interview

Fairly bare bones- talked on the phone with the principal and then a second call with the principal and two teachers and then I was offered the job. Asked fairly basic questions about situations I encountered teaching/flexibility and content.

Interview Questions
  • How would you incorporate vocabulary into your lessons?
    Answer Question

Chicago Public Schools

Application

I interviewed at Chicago Public Schools

Interview

It was general, just be yourself , ask about why you want to be with the company and what makes stand out from everyone else. Be honest and professional you will be fine

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Chicago Public Schools

Application

I interviewed at Chicago Public Schools

Interview

Is lengthy and thorough, but worth it in the end. Tends to be based on character rather than experience or expertise. Looking for mentors and not coaches. Expects behavioral development rather than athletic development.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Chicago Public Schools

Application

I interviewed at Chicago Public Schools

Interview

By the principal of the school. I was able to meet the principal, and tour the school. The principal was honest when answering questions, and didn't try to sell the teaching position to me. She was upfront, and it showed integrity, and how much she cared about the school overall. I was also able to see and meet some of the teachers at the school.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Chicago Public Schools

Application

I interviewed at Chicago Public Schools

Interview

The interview was easy to schedule. Due to COVID-19, the interview was held over the phone. Talked with two individuals in the interview. The interview took about an hour. Was given a PowerPoint to review ahead of time.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral I interviewed at Chicago Public Schools (Chicago, IL) in Apr 2021

Interview

Principal and vice-principal. They were friendly but distracted. They asked questions about my experience, academics, strengths and behavior management. They were in the beginning stages of hiring and said it could be up to a month before they reach back out about next steps.

Interview Questions
  • What is your approach to managing behaviors.

Chicago Public Schools

Application

I interviewed at Chicago Public Schools

Interview

There are 4 steps - phone screen, panel interview, candidate exercise and presentation and a final interview. It was fair and all questions were aligned with the competencies from the job description.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Chicago Public Schools (Chicago, IL) in Mar 2021

Interview

If you are an experienced teacher try the Opportunity Schools Program. They are looking for excellent educators to work in the hardest areas (poor, crime, hard to staff) of Chicago. Mostly on the West and South side of Chicago. Not a difficult process (interviews by phone) if approved in program. They guarantee you a teaching job around March/April. Usually interview with a principle (over phone) by June.

Interview Questions
  • Simple easy questions. They are looking for people who want to make a difference in areas that have been overlooked far too long in Chicago.

Chicago Public Schools

Application

I interviewed at Chicago Public Schools

Interview

Thorough and intense. I was happy to get a feel for the school's administration. Tough, but fair. I was given good answers to the questions I posed. The best interview process I had when applying and interviewing for high school teaching jobs

Interview Questions
  • I was presented a data sheet on psat scores and their sub scores like evidence based reading and writing then given a few minutes to read through it and then give my thoughts

Chicago Public Schools

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Chicago Public Schools

Interview

The process was transparent and welcoming. Questions were straightforward. Be sure to know exactly what your work process is and ask what the team's strategy is. It was clear that direct skill transferability is a top priority over relevant industry experience.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 182 Interviews