Chicago Public Schools Interview Questions

Updated Jul 3, 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 201 of over 201 interviews

In Person16%
2.7
HardAverageEasy

Chicago Public Schools

Application

I interviewed at Chicago Public Schools

Interview

I was a substitute at the school for a couple years before being hired into the position. Since I had been working in the school, administration had come in to see one of the classes I was covering and had offered me a job after that.

Interview Questions
  • How do you incorporate differentiated instruction in the classroom?
    Answer Question

Chicago Public Schools

Application

I interviewed at Chicago Public Schools

Interview

3 rounds. First was a quick phone screening. Then there is a demo lesson. Lastly, you have an in person committee one. It wasn’t bad at all! It gives you good insight into what the school is truly like. It also allows you to meet the principal and what not

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

The latest conversations about Teachers

Join the conversation on

Teachers

1y

a

West Virginia Elementary School Teacher

Who is taking the COVID-19 Shot? Do you think all teachers should?

2,902

964 Comments

Teachers

171.2K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/teachers/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.com&utm_campaign=Interviews&utm_content=Industry-content-integrated-Interviews&utm_term=Chicago Public Schools~133773
Join the conversation on

Chicago Public Schools

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Chicago Public Schools

Interview

Application online and then called for in person not long afterwards (pre Covid). Met first with team colleague and then supervisor for about 2 hours onsite. Good conversations with both interviewers.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Chicago Public Schools

Application

I interviewed at Chicago Public Schools

Interview

Varies widely depending on the school's Principal. May involve performance task, PD presentation, interview, data review, and of course, the interview. Screener, first and second round. Second round is usually with team of teachers, and once even a parent on the LSC.

Interview Questions
  • How have you used data to support student growth? In what ways have you supported equity?

Chicago Public Schools

Application

I interviewed at Chicago Public Schools

Interview

A lot of focus on equity within grading and homework, SEL, and communication with families. Big focus on NGSS for science teachers, focus on using formative assessment to adapt curriculum to formative assessment results. Definitely touch on differentiation.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Chicago Public Schools

Application

I interviewed at Chicago Public Schools

Interview

No recruiter screen here. Invited to onsite interview with an Excel and SQL test. Then two interviews with hiring manager and another manager of a separate team. Final round interview with team members.

Interview Questions
  • Describe project from beginning to completion in detail to understand what I have experience with.

Chicago Public Schools

Application

I interviewed at Chicago Public Schools

Interview

It was a Behavioral interview with basic questions about leadership, skills, experience , then a quantitative analysis activity done on your own time. Finally an interview with head of office

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Chicago Public Schools

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Chicago Public Schools

Interview

Phone screening then an interview with nursing leadership. CPS was very quick with the process overall. It was a very easy and positive experience. Be prepared to answer scenario-type questions for the interview with nursing leadership.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Chicago Public Schools (Chicago, IL) in Jan 2022

Interview

Online Platform; from initial contact to final interview the process was easy and without flaw. The HR department was kind and made adjustments to the schedule as necessary to accommodate my needs.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 months. I interviewed at Chicago Public Schools (Chicago, IL)

Interview

3 interviews total. The first was a typical get to know you. The second was an interview was with the larger team with more in depth questions. The third was a "performance task" in which you must make a presentation and answer questions about a randomized dataset. The questions asked did not make sense in the context of the data. I asked for clarification in an email, and one of the team members admitted that the questions didn't totally make sense. (Yes, I wish I was making this up - I don't know if that was intentional to try to trick applicants) The interviewer didn't have the courtesy to contact me after the third interview with a decision. After more than a week I contacted them and they informed me that they went with another candidate.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 201 Interviews

Chicago Public Schools Interviews FAQs

Glassdoor users rated their interview experience at Chicago Public Schools as 62.0% positive with a difficulty rating score of 2.71 out of 5 (where 5 is the highest level of difficulty). Candidates interviewing for Teacher and Elementary Teacher rated their interviews as the hardest, whereas interviews for Special Education Teacher and Substitute Teacher roles were rated as the easiest.

The hiring process at Chicago Public Schools takes an average of 25 days when considering 210 user submitted interviews across all job titles. Candidates applying for Elementary Teacher had the quickest hiring process (on average 3 days), whereas Substitute Teacher roles had the slowest hiring process (on average 35 days).

Common stages of the interview process at Chicago Public Schools according to 210 Glassdoor interviews include:

One on One Interview: 20.99%