Children Of America Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.3

Sort:

Assistant Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Children Of America (Indianapolis, IN) in August 2015.

Interview

I went into the interview thinking I would be greeted by someone my age with years under their belt and instead got a young girl that could be my daughter. She tried acting like she had some authority when clearly she was desperate. She told me in my interview they were severely understaffed. That should have been red flag number 1.

Interview Questions

• What kind of activities would you do with the kids.   4 Answers

Assistant Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Collegeville, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Children Of America (Collegeville, PA) in February 2013.

Interview

The manager was pleasant and honest. She was straightforward about the lack of benefits and the likeliness of receiving the advertised tuition reimbursement. She was cheerful and funny, I appreciated her candor at the time.

Interview Questions

• Generally I was asked about my work and education history. I was cheerful and honest.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was not really a negotiation phase. She offered less than my two previous employers and I knew from research that it was a good offer for preschool teaching.

Anonymous Employee in South Elgin, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Children Of America (South Elgin, IL) in January 2010.

Interview

The Director had interviewed me in the past and offered me a job then. When she came across my name she called me and explained who she was and asked me to come in. I went in and we talked about what I had been doing, where I worked, what the job entailed.

Negotiation

She offered me 10.00 hour, I said I had been making 11.00 she said she would she what she could do. She got it. Latter I found out most teacher were making 12.00 hour.

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Children Of America (Charlotte, NC) in March 2014.

Interview

I had a tour of the facility and then i was taken into the classroom to meet the kids. I sat down and introduced myself to them. And i talked to them about myself. I also asked each child about themselves

Interview Questions

• The interesting thing that i did during my interview was the director asked me to read him a story from the book he chose   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mechanicsville, VA

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Children Of America (Mechanicsville, VA) in September 2016.

Interview

I went for the interview got an offer in writing , then two days later I was told there was no job available after I put my notice in at my job I was leaving . I will never work for this company . The glenn Allen location in Virginia

Lead Teacher Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Children Of America.

Interview

You were contacted via phone after application was reviewed if the company would like to proceed. Once brought in you go through a simple interview process and are given scenarios dealing with children. Depending on Management and time frame you may do a working interview on the spot.

Anonymous Employee in Woodbridge, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Children Of America (Woodbridge, VA) in August 2015.

Interview

It was pretty informal. I was asked situation based questions about children and their care. Then I was taken to three classrooms and observed. In the classroom, I interacted with kids and helped the teachers with whatever needs they have. I also paid attention to children and asked teachers questions to help me know how to best deal with or interact with them

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you will fit in the company and what are you bringing after seeing the facility and interacting with some of the kids and teachers.   Answer Question

Center Director Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Children Of America.

Interview

4 interviews
    Three on the phone one in person.
    Went quickly, although I have heard can take a while.
    They never informed me of how bad of shape the center was in... So not very honest interview!

Administrative Coordinator Interview

Interview

I received an email for an interview from a recruiter for COA. I gave a date I would be available, and she said that was fine and gave me a time and stated she would send a calendar invite for the interview. Presumably, the calendar invite would have the address where the interview was going to take place, who I was meeting with, and procedures for getting into the building. I don't know because I never received it. I emailed the recruiter to let her know I had never gotten the calendar invite and asked her to please confirm that I still had an interview scheduled for the previously discussed date and time. I did not get any response and was not even able to go to an interview. It has been a full week since I emailed her regarding my interview, and have not received any response. If for some reason they had decided not to interview me, at the very least I deserved an email stating so.

Teacher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ivyland, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Children Of America (Ivyland, PA).

Interview

There was no process. I was in for 5 minutes. I looked at my watch. From walking in there I knew the director at Ivyland already had someone in mind. This was the shortest interview I ever had and I felt very unwelcome and pushed aside. I worked at COA before but I left to continue my Master's Degree and I wanted to come back. When the 5 minute interview was over she said that she would call me back. I never heard anything. Not even a sorry but we have found someone else. I thought she was rude as well and did not care. Word on the street is that she only hires ladies with no experience to work there. Just walk away from Ivyland. Warminster is 100% better.