Children's Health Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Children's Health Interview Questions

Updated Oct 30, 2017

2.8

Ambulatory Service Representative Interview

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Children's Health.

Interview

Process consists of two interview phases. First phase just met with the manager and answered genral questions. Second phase met with 3 groups of people who worked in the unit. Was pretty exhausted after the second round.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you and a coworker did not get along. How did you handle it?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Children's Health.

Interview

Applied online and was contacted about an interview a month later, with interview set up for the month after that. Interview consisted of several parts over the course of 3-4 hours, including one on one with an attending, shadowing in the department in which I was applying, and a panel of six APPs who went through a two-page questionnaire of situational questions.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where your judgement was in question or someone did not agree with your care plan.   Answer Question

Patient Care Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Children's Health (Dallas, TX) in November 2016.

Interview

Interview process is personality based. The employer wants to know about you, and how well you interact with children. As a Patient Care Technician, you are sitting with patients and keeping them company throughout their hard times in the hospital.

Interview Questions

• How have you prepared for this job?   1 Answer

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Children's Health (Dallas, TX) in July 2016.

Interview

Quick and professional process all around. An overview of the process and expectations were discussed. Very professional and competent Human Resources staff. Very fast on boarding. Orientation could be improved. Interview questions were fair. Staff seemed to be very caring

CRT PCT Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Children's Health (Dallas, TX) in May 2016.

Interview

I was a referral. My boss's boss's boss gave me her card and I emailed her, explaining what I was looking for. She connected me with her hiring supervisor and I was set up for an interview. They called and told me what position to apply for online after they had already scheduled the interview.

Interview Questions

• How do you, in your personal or work life, exemplify the four Children's Health values?   Answer Question

Radiologic Technologist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Children's Health (Dallas, TX) in May 2016.

Interview

Applied online in March, received an email mid May asking if I was interested in interviewing. Called the recruiter & we set up a time for an in person interview for one week later. At the conclusion of the interview the manager told me I'd hear something no later than the end of the following week. I got a phone call with an offer within hours after I left.

Interview Process was excellent. Very professional yet laid back - had a family oriented feel to it. There were many (many) behavioral type questions asked of me .. (I've listed a few examples below but there were I'd guess approx 10 or so <behavioral> questions altogether)

I wouldn't say the interview was "difficult"... It was, however, exceptionally thorough. Come prepared with lots of stories to back up your answers to typical behavioral interview questions & you should be fine. :)

I was brought into a room with a large table and was seated opposite two managers who interviewed me together - each taking turns asking me questions. They made the process as painless as one could hope for in this type of setting.

I got the feeling that they were very down to earth, friendly people who were passionate about their careers & who they brought on board to join their team. They were very receptive to questions I had and their positive energy made me feel very excited about the job.

I'm thrilled to bits with my offer for employment and will add a review of the company once I've gotten my feet wet! :)

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time when you didn't agree with or get along with another person's values outside of the workplace - how did this affect your work & how did you deal with it?   Answer Question
    • What is one thing you're most proud of in your career?   Answer Question
    • Tell us about a time you performed an incorrect exam on a patient. How did you resolve the problem?   Answer Question
    • Tell us about a time when a company you've worked for underwent a great deal of change and things didn't go as smoothly as you would have liked. What was the outcome?   Answer Question
    • Tell us about a time when you felt like the treatment the physician was giving to a patient was wrong. What did you do? What were the consequences of your decision?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I felt zero need to negotiate because the rate they offered was fantastic.

Pct Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Children's Health (Dallas, TX) in May 2016.

Interview

Easiest interview I've ever experienced. I was basically just told what my responsibilities would be and what weekends and/or holidays were required to work. I was told I could get overtime once I was done with orientation

Interview Questions

• Are you available on the weekends   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate pay, just be honest with what pay your looking to receive!
    Childrens is one of the highest paying hospitals in the DFW area, patient care technicians are started out with a good pay!

Clinical Research Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Children's Health (Dallas, TX) in March 2016.

Interview

Submitted result through LinkedIn, and was contact by a recruiter from Children's the same day. An interview with the director (1 hour) and team leads (1 hour) was set up for the following week. Director explained that if I made it through round one, then there would be another set of interviews (about a week or so later). In the 2nd interview I met with the senior research director, as well as the director and my immediate supervisor along with the rest of the 3 people team I would be working with. All interviews went well (although they did not mention that I would be meeting the senior director until I arrived the morning of the 2nd interview). After the second interview, I was told HR would contact me in a few days (about 3 business days) but I did not hear back for a week. When I emailed the director to follow up, HR got in touch the same day. Everyone was very friendly and professional throughout the entire process.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Children's? What are you strengths/ weaknesses? A few specific questions about past related work experience.   Answer Question

Registered Nurse Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Children's Health (Dallas, TX).

Interview

Fairly easy & straightforward process. Applied online and about 1-2 weeks later received a call from a recruiter. After having an interview with the recruiter just to get comfortable with the process, I then was able to talk later on with the manager of the particular unit I had applied for.

Interview Questions

• Interview in general was about an hour long. Only talked with one of the main clinical managers of the unit as no one else at that time was available. I am currently living outside of Dallas, so interview was conducted via Skype. All questions were behavioral based. Such as, being asked to recall a time when a patient or family member complained- how that was handled, what was the end result etc. More or less they are looking for you to be able to discuss a specific example that you encountered as a nurse.   Answer Question

Health Unit Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Children's Health (Dallas, TX).

Interview

First, an interview was conducted with the job recruiter over the phone.
    Second, a sit down interview was conducted with several team leaders present that took turns to ask questions.
    Moreover, the in-person interview was scenario based (situational)

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you dealt with a difficult customer or staff member and how you dealt with it?   Answer Question