Children's Health Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.7

Sort:

Patient Access Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Children's Health (Plano, TX).

Interview

One phone screening with HR led to two separate in-person interviews with the department manager and team lead. Department expectations were clearly outlined and the process overall went smoothly.

Interview Questions

• Typical behavioral questions regarding how you responded to previous conflicts with coworkers or how you dealt with difficult customers and what were the outcomes.   Answer Question

Negotiation

The company is willing to negotiate, and I accepted after the offer was modified. Great place to work, so far.

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Children's Health.

Interview

Once an available position opened up, I was called for an interview. The online submission process is tedious but once it is complete, you can apply to multiple positions and the information remains in their database. The online application consists of demographic info, your work history, clubs or organizations, certifications, criminal history, and online analytical, behavioral, and on occasion, algorithm questions. If you really want a position, I recommend looking up the Department Manager or recruiter of the specific field you are applying for and calling but only if you are qualified. If the manager knows that you are active and looking you are more likely to get a position. Emailing or faxing your resume to a recruiter's also works extremely well. the initial interview may be a phone interview if the manager/supervisor is busy. The secondary interview is in person with the hiring supervisor and usually a team lead or veteran. The questions are mostly behavioral. You will then receive a callback within 48 hours (unless the interviews are opened for a few days longer). After the callback and salary negotiations, you are required to bring in one form of Class A ID (Passport) or 2 forms of class B Identification. A urine drug test and background check is required.

Interview Questions

• Name an time when you made a mistake? What did you do? Did you correct it? If so, How?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I casually mentioned my salary requirements during the phone interview prior to setting up the in person interview. This was a great way to save both parties time.

Patient Care Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Children's Health (Dallas, TX) in November 2016.

Interview

Interview process is personality based. The employer wants to know about you, and how well you interact with children. As a Patient Care Technician, you are sitting with patients and keeping them company throughout their hard times in the hospital.

Interview Questions

• How have you prepared for this job?   1 Answer

Paramedic Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Children's Health (Dallas, TX).

Interview

First interview was with the HR representative. Very typical interview from the HR department. Second was with the actual department manager. After that it took forever to hear back from HR if I had the job or not....forever. Everything was very structured and from a interview protocol they follow as far as questions they asked and such. Not too personal at all.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Pay was according to experience. Rate was determined by HR and not the hiring manager

Physical Therapist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Children's Health.

Interview

The application process was long and time-intensive. The process for my application to be accepted took a long time, and my interview was scheduled weeks after I applied. The interview itself took around an hour.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral questions that had no applicability to the job position   Answer Question

Clinical Research Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Children's Health (Dallas, TX) in March 2012.

Interview

Wonderful communication before the interview via email. Great team. Hiring manager met with me first. She had already reviewed my resume and had thoughtful questions about my experience. Then allowed me to meet with potential coworkers independently so that I could ask questions about the work environment and expectations. Team members gave me tour of clinical spaces. The second interview was several weeks later, where I met senior staff, who were all extremely welcoming and curious about my skill set. I met other clinic staff as well. The second interview was completed with another interview with the hiring manager, who asked more poignant questions about how I feel I could handle responsibilities after learning more about the job expectations. This was the best interview that I have ever had. I felt that the team took care to see how a new hire would potentially fit in their environment and it gave me time to see if I would like to work with the team. Although I was not offered a position (another applicant has better qualifications), all communication was timely and compassionate.

Clinical Research Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Children's Health (Dallas, TX) in March 2016.

Interview

Submitted result through LinkedIn, and was contact by a recruiter from Children's the same day. An interview with the director (1 hour) and team leads (1 hour) was set up for the following week. Director explained that if I made it through round one, then there would be another set of interviews (about a week or so later). In the 2nd interview I met with the senior research director, as well as the director and my immediate supervisor along with the rest of the 3 people team I would be working with. All interviews went well (although they did not mention that I would be meeting the senior director until I arrived the morning of the 2nd interview). After the second interview, I was told HR would contact me in a few days (about 3 business days) but I did not hear back for a week. When I emailed the director to follow up, HR got in touch the same day. Everyone was very friendly and professional throughout the entire process.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Children's? What are you strengths/ weaknesses? A few specific questions about past related work experience.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Children's Health (Dallas, TX) in November 2015.

Interview

I received two face to face interviews. I met with different people each time. They were late both times i was interviewed. They did not have any questions prepped. It was very unprofessional. I felt as though i did most of the talking. Their questions were very broad. I tried to fit as much information about myself into the interview as i could.

Senior Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Children's Health (Dallas, TX).

Interview

I filled out my application, and was contacted by one of their recruiters a week later. I interviewed briefly with them, which was followed by an interview with my manager, which was then followed by an interview with my manager and the group of people I'd be directly working with.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was a bit of flexibility in the negotiations.

Media Relations Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Children's Health (Dallas, TX) in April 2015.

Interview

I was contacted via email two weeks after submitting application by the hiring manager. We scheduled a phone call where the discussion contained few no questions about my qualifications or interest. I was promised a follow up by the end of the following week. I ended up having to contact recruiters weeks later who told me that I had not progressed.