Children's Health Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Children's Health Interview Questions

Updated Feb 1, 2017

2.9

Physician Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Children's Health.

Interview

Applied online and was contacted about an interview a month later, with interview set up for the month after that. Interview consisted of several parts over the course of 3-4 hours, including one on one with an attending, shadowing in the department in which I was applying, and a panel of six APPs who went through a two-page questionnaire of situational questions.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where your judgement was in question or someone did not agree with your care plan.   Answer Question

Radiologic Technologist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Children's Health (Dallas, TX) in May 2016.

Interview

Applied online in March, received an email mid May asking if I was interested in interviewing. Called the recruiter & we set up a time for an in person interview for one week later. At the conclusion of the interview the manager told me I'd hear something no later than the end of the following week. I got a phone call with an offer within hours after I left.

Interview Process was excellent. Very professional yet laid back - had a family oriented feel to it. There were many (many) behavioral type questions asked of me .. (I've listed a few examples below but there were I'd guess approx 10 or so <behavioral> questions altogether)

I wouldn't say the interview was "difficult"... It was, however, exceptionally thorough. Come prepared with lots of stories to back up your answers to typical behavioral interview questions & you should be fine. :)

I was brought into a room with a large table and was seated opposite two managers who interviewed me together - each taking turns asking me questions. They made the process as painless as one could hope for in this type of setting.

I got the feeling that they were very down to earth, friendly people who were passionate about their careers & who they brought on board to join their team. They were very receptive to questions I had and their positive energy made me feel very excited about the job.

I'm thrilled to bits with my offer for employment and will add a review of the company once I've gotten my feet wet! :)

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time when you didn't agree with or get along with another person's values outside of the workplace - how did this affect your work & how did you deal with it?   Answer Question
    • What is one thing you're most proud of in your career?   Answer Question
    • Tell us about a time you performed an incorrect exam on a patient. How did you resolve the problem?   Answer Question
    • Tell us about a time when a company you've worked for underwent a great deal of change and things didn't go as smoothly as you would have liked. What was the outcome?   Answer Question
    • Tell us about a time when you felt like the treatment the physician was giving to a patient was wrong. What did you do? What were the consequences of your decision?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I felt zero need to negotiate because the rate they offered was fantastic.

Clinical Research Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Children's Health (Dallas, TX) in March 2016.

Interview

Submitted result through LinkedIn, and was contact by a recruiter from Children's the same day. An interview with the director (1 hour) and team leads (1 hour) was set up for the following week. Director explained that if I made it through round one, then there would be another set of interviews (about a week or so later). In the 2nd interview I met with the senior research director, as well as the director and my immediate supervisor along with the rest of the 3 people team I would be working with. All interviews went well (although they did not mention that I would be meeting the senior director until I arrived the morning of the 2nd interview). After the second interview, I was told HR would contact me in a few days (about 3 business days) but I did not hear back for a week. When I emailed the director to follow up, HR got in touch the same day. Everyone was very friendly and professional throughout the entire process.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Children's? What are you strengths/ weaknesses? A few specific questions about past related work experience.   Answer Question

Registered Nurse Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Children's Health (Dallas, TX).

Interview

Fairly easy & straightforward process. Applied online and about 1-2 weeks later received a call from a recruiter. After having an interview with the recruiter just to get comfortable with the process, I then was able to talk later on with the manager of the particular unit I had applied for.

Interview Questions

• Interview in general was about an hour long. Only talked with one of the main clinical managers of the unit as no one else at that time was available. I am currently living outside of Dallas, so interview was conducted via Skype. All questions were behavioral based. Such as, being asked to recall a time when a patient or family member complained- how that was handled, what was the end result etc. More or less they are looking for you to be able to discuss a specific example that you encountered as a nurse.   Answer Question

Health Unit Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Children's Health (Dallas, TX).

Interview

First, an interview was conducted with the job recruiter over the phone.
    Second, a sit down interview was conducted with several team leaders present that took turns to ask questions.
    Moreover, the in-person interview was scenario based (situational)

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you dealt with a difficult customer or staff member and how you dealt with it?   Answer Question

Health Unit Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Children's Health (Dallas, TX) in January 2016.

Interview

Mangers are very open and what they want. They asked the standard questions on what would you do if you were in this scenario and why you chose here to work.

Interview Questions

• What are your intentions for working here and what I can bring to the table.   Answer Question

Registered Nurse Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Children's Health (Dallas, TX) in December 2015.

Interview

you first do an interview with the HR recruiter, then a interview with the manager or the team leader, once that is complete you await to hear if you received the job. then you do you background and drug screen. they have employee orientation every 2 weeks, so you will have to be put into an orientation class

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Children's Health (Dallas, TX) in November 2015.

Interview

I received two face to face interviews. I met with different people each time. They were late both times i was interviewed. They did not have any questions prepped. It was very unprofessional. I felt as though i did most of the talking. Their questions were very broad. I tried to fit as much information about myself into the interview as i could.

Marketing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Children's Health (Dallas, TX) in October 2015.

Interview

Brief call with Recruiter/HR followed by 2 in person interviews. First round with managers. Second round with 2 groups of team members and then the Sr. Director. The first group I met with was engaging and informative and I assume that's why I moved to round 2. They don't seem as organized as they should be in staffing these new teams. One team in particular couldn't tell me specifically what their top priorities were and the responses were all over the board. I followed up with Recruiting a couple of weeks after the interview and go no response. It wasn't until I reached out to an internal contact of mine that I finally got a 'no thank you' follow up from the Recruiter.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Children's? They mostly talked about their experience at Children's. If you don't have a background in healthcare it might be challenging to understand exactly what certain teams are doing because they speak using so many acronyms.   Answer Question

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

Interview

Called to come in for interview. Told there were several positions that they were trying to fill. Overview of the organization and position. Met with current analyst. Walked through several building projects. No indication of true job responsibilities in the online job description.

Interview Questions

• Questions revolved around project development. At the time this department was involved in the business development of suburban health center locations. Questions were not at all reflective of the online job description.   Answer Question
Employer Interview Review Title Location Interview Question
Children's Health Physician Assistant Interview Describe a situation where your judgement was in question or someone did not agree with your care plan.
Children's Health Radiologic Technologist Interview Dallas, TX Tell us about a time when you didn't agree with or get along with another person's values outside of the workplace - how did this affect your work & how did you deal with it?
Children's Health Radiologic Technologist Interview Dallas, TX What is one thing you're most proud of in your career?
Children's Health Radiologic Technologist Interview Dallas, TX Tell us about a time you performed an incorrect exam on a patient. How did you resolve the problem?
Children's Health Radiologic Technologist Interview Dallas, TX Tell us about a time when a company you've worked for underwent a great deal of change and things didn't go as smoothly as you would have liked. What was the outcome?
Children's Health Radiologic Technologist Interview Dallas, TX Tell us about a time when you felt like the treatment the physician was giving to a patient was wrong. What did you do? What were the consequences of your decision?
Children's Health Clinical Research Coordinator Interview Dallas, TX Why do you want to work at Children's? What are you strengths/ weaknesses? A few specific questions about past related work experience.
Children's Health Registered Nurse Interview Dallas, TX Interview in general was about an hour long. Only talked with one of the main clinical managers of the unit as no one else at that time was available. I am currently living outside of Dallas, so interview was conducted via Skype. All questions were behavioral based. Such as, being asked to recall a time when a patient or family member complained- how that was handled, what was the end result etc. More or less they are looking for you to be able to discuss a specific example that you encountered as a nurse.
Children's Health Health Unit Coordinator Interview Dallas, TX Tell us about a time you dealt with a difficult customer or staff member and how you dealt with it?
Children's Health Health Unit Coordinator Interview Dallas, TX What are your intentions for working here and what I can bring to the table.
Children's Health Registered Nurse Interview Dallas, TX behavioral based interview questions
Children's Health Analyst Interview Dallas, TX Why do you want to work here?
Children's Health Marketing Specialist Interview Dallas, TX Why do you want to work at Children's? They mostly talked about their experience at Children's. If you don't have a background in healthcare it might be challenging to understand exactly what certain teams are doing because they speak using so many acronyms.
Children's Health Senior Financial Analyst Interview Dallas, TX Questions revolved around project development. At the time this department was involved in the business development of suburban health center locations. Questions were not at all reflective of the online job description.