China Construction America Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 11, 2017

2.2

Interviews for Top Jobs at China Construction America

Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at China Construction America.

Interview

Meet with HR Director. HR Assistant. Working Superior. Fill out applications. You learn about the company and projects. Talk about your past experience and way you can help the company.

Project Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at China Construction America.

Interview

Panel interview with human resources, operations and 2 Vice Presidents the same day

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation. Defined during the interview but took some time to get the offer. Something to do with internal approval of some sort.

Office Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at China Construction America (Jersey City, NJ) in October 2013.

Interview

The interview lasted over 2 hours. The first 30 minutes were of me waiting and waiting...The next hour was being passed between 5 interviewers who all asked the same questions over and over. They were not able to fully explain the position to me and told me that they were not sure where they wanted to use me. The one interviewer was very harsh and rude while the others were ok.

Interview Questions

• How will you complete your responsibilities here?   1 Answer

Negotiation

They offered me $20,000 less than I was asking. They really try to lowball you. I held my ground through 3 rounds of back and forth before accepting a salary of 5,000 less than my original asking salary.

Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at China Construction America (Newark, NJ) in May 2009.

Interview

The interview process was one on one with the head of human resources. Knowing Chinese is a plus because you are working with a company composed of Chinese workers from the mainland. The process involves talking about your skills and prior work experience. I feel having a work permit and knowing people inside the company will get you in the door easier.

Interview Questions

• Can you travel? Many cases you will be traveling between work sites.   Answer Question