ChowNow Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at ChowNow

3.1

Lead Graphic Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ChowNow (Los Angeles, CA) in August 2017.

Interview

My interview process with ChowNow was outstanding. Candice, their recruiter, emailed within a day or two of my submitting my information to set up a preliminary phone interview. We chatted for a little over half an hour discussing my basic work history, why I wanted to work with ChowNow and what we would have to offer each other. She was also very transparent on what the rest of the interview process would look like. She set up a call for me to talk to the Design Director for the following week. The call with the director was very thorough in discussing the expectations for the role, a brief background on what ChowNow has been doing up to this point and where they would like to grow moving forward. She answered my questions and gave me an opportunity to send her an email with any other feedback or questions if I had more to ask after the call. She then sent on a simple design test that I had a few days to complete. Once I had submitted that, we set up a time for me to come to the office to interview with some of the people I would be working with, both in the creative department and throughout the company. I even had an opportunity to chat with one of the cofounders in my final interview of the day. I left feeling confident that I had done well but also that I would enjoy working with their team. The very next morning Candice called me to say that they would be making a formal offer shortly and that they wanted to offer me a higher position of Lead Graphic Designer than what I had originally applied for. Overall it was an excellent experience. There was wonderful communication throughout the process and lots of transparency about the role, the company and the team.

Interview Questions

• How would you explain a creative or technical situation to someone outside of the creative team who may not be familiar with the terminology or processes involved?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at ChowNow.

Interview

Absolutely the best interview process that I have participated in. Incredibly thorough, but you can tell it is because they truly care about identifying the best fit. Fantastic communication throughout the entire process regarding what to expect, next steps and feedback.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time when you used creative thinking to solve a problem or make an impact in your current role.   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ChowNow.

Interview

The whole process was very thorough but progressed rapidly. There was a phone screen, a skills test (for me it was a copywriting assignment), and a 3-hour on-site interview. Everyone was very friendly and transparent, and they were excellent at communicating their expectations.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to argue for your point of view in a work scenario. What did you say to get your colleagues to agree with you?   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at ChowNow (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2017.

Interview

I applied for the job on a Saturday, emailed the recruiter and had a response by Monday for my first call with her (Candice is amazing, seriously one of the best advocates you can have during an interview process). It was followed up with an interview with the Director of Sales (1 hour phone call) and an in person interview with Director/VP of Sales and a couple of other managers (3ish hours). The overall interview process was a blast, hands down the best round of interviews I have ever been through. Everyone I spoke with was kind, informative, provided a ton of insight and were incredibly helpful. My advice would be to do a deep reflection on yourself so you can answer questions that relate to not just your skills but more focused on your behavior and situations.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time that you were faced with an issue in your last role with one of your coworkers or managers. What did you do to resolve it and how was it handled?   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Venice, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ChowNow (Venice, CA) in September 2014.

Interview

Applied on company website, received initial email asking why I wanted to work at ChowNow, and after answering that, was asked to set up a call with HR manager. Had a great 20-30 minute call with him, after which I was asked to have a call with the Director of Sales. Had a great 30-40 minute call with Director of Sales, after which I was asked to complete a 400-500 question personality assessment test. After completing that, I was told I would have a 10-15 minute pitch of the product with the CEO, COO, and Director of Sales, followed by a 20-30 minute interview with the same group. After that, I was called and offered the position.

Interview Questions

• What is your favorite sports franchise/front office and why?   Answer Question

Administration Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ChowNow (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

Met with three executive level employees over the course of three interviews. Had a more casual interview with two department leads. Process was comprehensive, positive, and clear. It seemed each person I met had specific things they were looking for. It was clear that they were assessing my ability to help solve problems for the organization and not just to hire someone to backfill a role.

Interview Questions

• What do you think are some of the challenges facing the restaurant industry? Where do you think that will take it?   Answer Question
    • What's been your approach to tackling XYZ type of issue?   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ChowNow (Los Angeles, CA) in June 2019.

Interview

Interview steps:
    1. Phone screen with recruiting manager
    2. Phone call with a senior software engineer.
    3. Take home-assignment
    4. On-site interview at their Los Angeles office.
    The recruiter manager was very helpful and organized. The engineering team members were very friendly and focus on my knowledge and personality.

Interview Questions

• Discussed home-assignment in detail.
      Solved one technical problem on the whiteboard.
      Design and architecture questions.
      Teamwork, conflict resolution, building trust
      Curiosity, learning, mentorship.   Answer Question

Logistics Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Playa Vista, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at ChowNow (Playa Vista, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

Applied online and received an email from recruiter the next day. Scheduled a phone interview with the recruiter and went very well, she was nice and informative about the company and invited me for an onsite interview. The office was relaxed and inviting. I interviewed with three people, all were very kind and seemed less of an interview and more of a get to know you.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was pleased with initial offer

Technical Sourcer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Playa Vista, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ChowNow (Playa Vista, CA) in February 2018.

Interview

The recruiting manager responded very quickly to me once I applied and it was very easy to schedule the initial phone call. The interview process was very thoughtful. I did not feel like they had a template approach to interviewing. I felt like they put in a lot of effort in creating questions and opportunities for candid conversation about working with teams. The hiring team focused on how I collaborate, communicate and how I handle conflict. While those questions are not necessarily uncommon, they did not let me get away with generic answers but dug deeper in order to ensure I fit in culturally.

Interview Questions

• What was a time you experienced failure and how did you handle that?   Answer Question

Front End Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ChowNow (Los Angeles, CA) in February 2018.

Interview

Interview steps were:
    1. Phone screen with recruiting manager
    2. Phone call with engineering manager
    3. Take home-assignment
    4. On-site interview at their Los Angeles office.

I had a great recruiting manager and found everyone at ChowNow very welcoming and friendly. Their team made a strong impression on me due to their love for the company and their belief that they were building a product that helped small businesses stay profitable.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to pair program a new feature on the assignment I was given earlier   Answer Question