Citizen Schools Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Citizen Schools Interview Questions

Updated Jul 15, 2017

National Teaching Fellow Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Citizen Schools.

Interview

The interview was pretty standard, it was a list of typical questions about why you want the job, "name a time when", etc. Be prepared to speak about the online assessment.

Interview Questions

• What's one piece of criticism that was difficult to receive?   Answer Question

Civic Engagement Coordinator Interview

Application

The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Citizen Schools.

Interview

The process consisted of two phone interviews and then a final in-person interview. Before the in-person interview, they asked me to complete a project. The project was relevant to the job and useful in that sense, but it was a fair amount of work.

Teaching Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Citizen Schools in January 2017.

Interview

Applied online, received a phone interview which was pretty standardized (they explained the position in detail, the common challenges, and proceeded to the questions which were also standard), then received a job simulation activity (which essentially gave me a profile of different students, and then I needed to choose three students to give extra time/attention to and develop activities that would address them specifically in the larger class context.

Interview Questions

• Typical questions you would imagine. How can this position advance your professional goals? Why are you interested in this position? In which ways you feel you can connect with the population you are serving (children and parents)?   Answer Question

Program Manager Interview

Interview

This organization has a multi-stage hiring process. I started with a phone interview with a member of HR. I then had a Skype interview with the hiring manager and HR. Prior to the Skype session I was administered a task assignment (Job Specific Assignment/JSA) and required to turn in a document demonstrating my plan and deliverable to fulfill the prompt. We discussed the deliverable in the interview. I had a follow-up call from HR after the Skype interview. I then had an actual in-person meeting with the hiring manager.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate both salary and title.

Summer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Citizen Schools.

Interview

Applied online. Within four weeks I was given a Skype interview with two employees.
    However, within about a week of receiving an offer, they were looking for a commitment. This was difficult considering it is an unpaid internship and was also early in the season (January). They were nice but a little pushy about getting a commitment.

Interview Questions

• Why I wanted Citizen Schools, my assets in the workplace, how I felt about teamwork   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Citizen Schools (New York, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

Very quick and easy. However I would have been placed at a school in Harlem which is almost 2 overs from my apartment in Brooklyn. This would mean 13 hour days for me, which is not an option. I also came to this decision because the school has a reputation for poor student behavior and the company doesn't seem to offer much training upon starting.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle feeling overwhelmed by your workload?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Citizen Schools (Boston, MA).

Interview

Two Skype interviews- one with hr and one with boss. Lasted about an hour. Asked about passion for education, background, excel skills. Formal interview. Typical questions- strengths and weakness, career goals, management style etc. hr is very involved and helpful during interview process. They ask if you want class credit- no option for paid internship.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you liked your management and another time that you didn't?   Answer Question

Teaching Fellow Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Citizen Schools.

Interview

Long online application that consisted of multiple scenario questions and short essay questions about interest in the program. Afterwards, a phone call interview takes place in which a TAC asks simple experience/interest questions. A lot is based on their mission statement and how you will possibly fulfill it. She asked questions such as "What is an example of a time you were in a leadership position". A one on one with the director follows.

Teaching Associate Interview

Interview

1.) They first call you and ask a few questions about yourself and how you handle conflict
    2.) Then you do an online activity
    3.) If you pass that then you go in for an interview

Teaching Fellow Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Citizen Schools (New York, NY) in September 2015.

Interview

First round was a phone interview with questions about past experiences. 2nd round was a teach back interview. You had five minutes to teach a lesson on the topic of your choice.