Clarks Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Clarks Interview Questions

Updated Jul 19, 2017

2.0

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Clarks in July 2017.

Interview

It was so fun! The manager was great and she really did motice all the qualities I have, unlike other managers that I've interviewed with before. The way I applied was: I was walking around the mall after an interview I just had, and I had extra resume's and saw that Clark's was hiring. So I walked in and the person I asked how to apply happened to be the assistant manager and immediately she liked me. After, I got home and I also filled out an application online just in case. I applied on a Tuesday, and recieved a call Friday afternoon, and got an appointment on Monday. If you are trying to work here, try to drop off a resume first at the actual location, and make sure you leave it with the manager or assistant manager.

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Clarks (Pittsburgh, PA) in May 2017.

Interview

I applied online and received a call the next day about an interview. They asked me to come in the following day. Overall, the process took 3 days. I was shocked by how easy the interview was. I didn't even have to enter the store and the interview was over in 5 minutes. I was asked two questions and then hired on the spot. Extremely comfortable and laid back experience! Happy to have the job!

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Frisco, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Clarks (Frisco, TX) in May 2017.

Interview

The process was long. Did about 4 interviews . District manager, 2nd district manager, HR, Regional. Moved up quickly then didn't hear back. When i contacted the DM I was told they would be contacting soon. Again no call, i contacted again and didn't get any response. Very unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• What would you do to improve a store that is not making plan.   Answer Question

Key Holder Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lynnwood, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Clarks (Lynnwood, WA) in January 2017.

Interview

I applied online, submitting a requested resume along with quiz like application. Two days later I received a phone call from the recruiter asking if I'd be interested in coming to the store for an interview. Ecstatic, I agreed and the available times I could interview were all in the evening. Going to the store, the man who called earlier was there and he greeted me, telling me he'd be with me shortly. He was almost scrambling about in the backroom, and I waited for about three minutes before he came out with some papers. We walked to a nearby Starbucks, sat down, and he began to interview me.

The interview questions were mostly customer service based, with a few questions about how I dealt with good and bad management. The entire time we interviewed, he couldn't keep eye contact. He would look to left and right of me, people walking by, or his papers but rarely me. It was disconcerting because it didn't seem he cared about my answers. After answering his questions, he talked about himself for a long while. He was almost bragging while talking about himself, claiming he started in a "lowly position" such as I am right now, but he was now a high level employee. At the end of this, he asked me if I had any questions about the job. I asked him when the process time was. He told me it would be a week, and that he'd call me back in about a week, "I'm not the person who's NOT gonna call you back. I will definitely call you to tell you if you got the job or not." With that, we parted and I never received a call back from him

Interview Questions

• What would you consider pushy customer service?   Answer Question
    • Was there ever a time where you had bad management, and if so how'd you deal with it?   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Clarks (New York, NY).

Interview

I was told after an hour interview that the position was filled. Offered full time key holder and accepted while I look for something else. Management seems to exaggerate earning potential to fill positions.

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Clarks (New York, NY).

Interview

The interview process was amazing, everyone was great. The only issue is the compensation. For someone who has a few years experience it would be a great fit. For a seasoned manager you are getting a base of 385 per week.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to do several things at once.   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Clarks.

Interview

Applied online and called in for an interview the next week. Questions were fairly easy and I was hired on the spot. Manager was very nice and easy to talk to. I have overall found that this company hires good people to manage the stores and also to work in the stores. I felt comfortable and at ease.

Interview Questions

• They may ask if you wear Clark's shoes or if you have ever worn them.   Answer Question

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mashantucket, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Clarks (Mashantucket, CT) in October 2016.

Interview

Quick and to the point. We sat down and we just had a discussion about what was expected of me and the company standards. He asked questions you would expect to answer about the company not just about the company but knowledge about shoes

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Clarks shoes and the company?   1 Answer
    • Do you know our staple shoes?   1 Answer
    • Do you know how shoes function?   1 Answer

Sales Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Clarks.

Interview

i applied online and went in for an interview 3 days later. the manager was very nice and chill. The interview was easy, basic questions like how to deal with angry customers etc.it was a group interview about 6 people or so. There were 5 people that interviewed us. overall process was nice

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Clarks (Houston, TX) in September 2016.

Interview

The interview was very relaxed and casual. The store was an outlet store, so no formal attire was required. We sat out on the table and just talked about past experiences, future plans, reliable transport, and availability. The whole process took about 20 minutes max. If this was not an outlet store, the process would probably have been different.