Clarksons Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Clarksons

3.3

Broker Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Clarksons (New York, NY) in January 2015.

Interview

It was a two month long process. Was interviewed by multiple people from the company. It is a smaller office so they take care in getting to know someone before hiring them.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you are a good fit to be a broker?   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Clarksons (London, England (UK)) in May 2017.

Interview

Simple Online test, with simple code to put there in, then on site interview:
    Online test follow up and some technical discussion. Wireless both way I could also ask a lot about company, project, approach etc.
    Reviewers where open and competent. There where no insane questions like what animal would you be. Only technical ones from db to frontend.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Clarksons (London, England (UK)) in November 2016.

Interview

Call from development manager. Short chat about who I am and what I want to do. Then a stream of questions about C#, SQL Server and Angular. No probing of my answers or attempts to lead me to where he wanted me to be. Told I was "not at the level they needed people to be".

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between a clustered and non-clustered index.   1 Answer
    • How would you share data between 2 controllers in Angular.   Answer Question

Accounts Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Downtown Core, Central (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Clarksons (Downtown Core, Central (Singapore)).

Interview

There were 2 interviewers and they were rude, never bothered to introduce themselves and started the interview immediately.
    Lady interviewer asked if I was of a certain race and kept inquiring if I understood Mandarin even though it was not one of the requirements in the job description.

Senior Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Clarksons (London, England (UK)) in January 2019.

Interview

Phone interview, didn't get through it. It was supposed to be an informal chat but actually the guy didn't ask me anything about my experience or told me anything about the company or the position. He introduced himself and immediately started asking technical questions with no break. Some questions were extremely vague or difficult to explain on the phone but most of them were typical

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Clarksons (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Long interview, lasted two hours with two surprise word and excel tests that I was given half an hour to complete.
    Questions asked at interview seemed like a set of questions given to every graduate, not necessarily specific to the job role.
    Not many questions which related to myself and my capabilities as they were mostly based on what I knew about the company.

Graduate Student Interview

Interview

Interviewers are very friendly. Three interviews on standard interview questions. A surprise test in the middle of the interview, quite difficult to complete in very limited time. Overall good experience.

Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Clarksons (Singapore (Singapore)) in May 2019.

Interview

It was a multi-stationed interview where 4 candidates rotated between the 4 stations. 2 of the stations were interviews while the other two were Excel and writing tests. The two interviews consisted of a regularly chat about my skillsets and career aspirations as well as a portion for a general market discussion

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in joining the maritime industry?   Answer Question

Data Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Clarksons (London, England (UK)) in April 2015.

Interview

Online web assessment, which is a pre-interview process, pretty easy math and reading question. Make sure to do it as soon as possible, it may close faster than the time they given.

Tanker Operator Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Clarksons (London, England (UK)) in January 2019.

Interview

HR called me to check my background , salary expectations and will for the position. After few days, i received a second call for an interview. The interview experience was very positive, it was more at the form of a conversation were we could exchange experiences and ideas.

Interview Questions

• Questions were more object directed, meaning that they wanted to see what my experience was, and on what of the conditions I would be willing to commit - and what I know of Clarksons. Easy going conversation with very good professionals who could judge experience, attitude and whether I would be a good fit for the position.   1 Answer