Clean Energy Fuels Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.2

Interviews for Top Jobs at Clean Energy Fuels

Director of Construction Interview

Anonymous Employee in Telephone, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Clean Energy Fuels (Telephone, TX).

Interview

More like, a visit with a crazy uncle or a stranger. Never any professional questions asked; just mentioned the objectives of the company and the program he was hired to complete

Interview Questions

• Never asked me a professional question, only generic conversation typical of a plane ride with a stranger   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Interview

Series of emails and a couple phone interviews. The first phone interview was casual and seemed more like a conversation. Sort of a screening process to a certain extent. The next interview remained casual but involved more questions about personal interests, goals, and why you want to work for Clean Energy. It also involved logistical questions about ability to work in Newport Beach, 8-5, etc.

Interview Questions

• Why were you drawn to Clean Energy? What skills do you think you can bring to Clean Energy?   Answer Question

Business Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newport Beach, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Clean Energy Fuels (Newport Beach, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

lengthy phone interview with many obscure questions that didn't seem to have any relevance to the job. I didn't get to meet the senior people because they didn't want to fly me out to CA.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to resolve a conflict, how did you do it, and what were the results.   1 Answer

Service Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rockaway, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Clean Energy Fuels (Rockaway, NJ) in July 2013.

Interview

Phone conversation. followed by an onsite interview. where the interviewer tested my knowledge of the components and basic electrical, mechanical, and pneumatic systems. as well as some trouble shooting skills. phone interview was mostly personality and past experience.

Interview Questions

• Onsite asked about components of units.   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newport Beach, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Clean Energy Fuels (Newport Beach, CA) in June 2013.

Interview

When I expressed interest in interning with this company in Newport Beach, I was contacted by the VP of Human Resources over the phone. She asked me to send over my resume via email and then I was referred to the Director of HR. The interview process consisted of two phone calls.

Interview Questions

• Please rate yourself on a scale from 1-10 (10 being the best) on your aptitude in the following areas: technology, writing, communication skills, mathematical/analytical skills. They want to assess your confidence in your skills and make sure the department in which they place you is the best fit for you.   Answer Question

Station Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seal Beach, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Clean Energy Fuels (Seal Beach, CA) in February 2010.

Interview

The interview process went very well. I met the department manager, the department director, and HR. Each person interviewed me. It was very casual, in that I introduced myself and went over my career background and education.

Interview Questions

• How would I handle a situation in which the contractor did not follow approved construction plans?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate when I stated I had additional skills and an advanced certificate.