Clean Harbors Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 22, 2017

2.4

Plant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Orleans, LA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Clean Harbors (New Orleans, LA) in May 2017.

Interview

I applied via linkedin. I received a rather quick response time in regards to a prelim phone screen with an individual in HR. That interview went quite well, and i was passed onto the hiring manager for the position. That interview went so well that the manager was ready to "pull the trigger" to fly me out for an onsite visit to the plant.
    But here's where the niceties end.
    Once the hiring manager found out my plans for a previous site visit to Corning, he seemed a bit taken a back which is strange, as top talent is always going to be in demand, and like the applicant pool, "you aint the only one..." but i digress.... At first the following week seemed okay, and i even mentioned the week after that, and he seemed agreeable in trying to set up the schedule.
    So i left a voicemail over the weekend trying to set up some tentative dates etc. He did respond rather quickly, acknowledging my email and stated that "...i will get back to you with some dates, thanks..."
    this NEVER happened. in fact, i received about a week later, a rejection email, and get this, FOR THE WRONG POSITION?
    you have got to be kidding me.
    when i followed up with a phone call to HR to see if an error was made, of course i received no response.
    if this is ANY indication of the company culture, i would advise any professional to stay away, especially when its a career in oil refining. that is a very dangerous chemical process.
    the reviews on glassdoor were truth telling.

InSite Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Clean Harbors.

Interview

Telephone interview that lasted 15-20 minutes in which first topic of conversation was salary expectations (base salary was too low for position) and we talked about a variety of things including work history and background. The interviewer was very nice and professional and asked questions pertaining the management styles. Most of the conversation revolved around situational and scenario situation questions that can best be described as " ...what would you do in this situation" or "what have you done is a situation like this...".

Interview Questions

• Q. What is your anticipated Salary?
      Q. Explain how you would handle a situation in which a client was unhappy with your teams services.
      Q. How would you best describe your management style?
      Q. How would you handle a situation in which a subordinate was not performing as expected?
      1 Answer

CleanPack Chemist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Clean Harbors.

Interview

The interview was via telephone and it started off just asking me questions I had previously answered on the application online. Then there were a few scenario questions from previous work experiences. It only lasted about 15 minutes, very short.

Interview Questions

• Give me a time when the safety rules had changed and you were didn't know about it. How did you respond?

What was a good decision you made lately?

What was a poor decision you made lately?
      Answer Question

CleanPack Chemist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Clean Harbors (San Jose, CA) in July 2016.

Interview

I just did the general phone screen with a third party recruiting company earlier this week. I have an in person interview at clean harbors today and will add additional interview questions.

InSite Technician Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Clean Harbors.

Interview

Applied for an Insite Chemist position but eventually got directed to interview for an Insite Technician position. These positions are not lab oriented at all and mostly deal with storage/management of hazardous waste materials.

Interview was very short (~30 minutes) and a lot of questions were based on my previous experience working in waste/recycling management as a student on campus.

Interview Questions

• Provide an example where you dealt with a safety issue?
      How do you resolve a conflict?
      Why did you choose my major?
      Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Clean Harbors (Columbus, OH) in May 2016.

Interview

I was encouraged to go through the next interview phase and did not hear back from them. I don't know what else to say as I have over 30 years experience in this industry.

Interview Questions

• How many years experience do you have? 30 plus years.   1 Answer

Truck Driver Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Orleans, LA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Clean Harbors (New Orleans, LA) in April 2016.

Interview

A peace of cake not to many question and real simply give a quick overview of the job task and what they would expect from a truck driver and rules and by laws

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Clean Harbors (Detroit, MI) in March 2016.

Interview

Phone interview was short and sweet! Not as much information was given as I would have liked about the specific details of job. They asked questions about how I handled specific tasks at my current job and how I would handle them at the possible new job. Overall interviewer was pleasant and pretty knowledgeable about the company and job.

Interview Questions

• How did you handle a specific health and safety issue at work.   Answer Question

Intern - Hourly Interview

Interview

Met with some of their representatives at a college event. They invited me for an interview. Interview was more like an introduction to the company and people. They made me feel very comfortable.

Interview Questions

• They asked a lot about my previous experience and my background.   Answer Question

Field Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Collins, CO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Clean Harbors (Fort Collins, CO) in February 2016.

Interview

I had three interviews none of which they new what Rhett were talking about and they never asked me questions about my experience or what I could bring you three job or even what the job entails.

Interview Questions

• If I had checked out there web site   1 Answer