Clean Harbors Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.3

1. Featured Interview

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Westwood, MA

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Clean Harbors (Westwood, MA).

Interview

I had a phone interview with the recruiter. She asked me behavioral based questions looking for situation, action , and result answers. I was scheduled for an in person interview within a few days. The interview was professional but comfortable. I have had others offers that I turned down even though the pay was higher. I felt valued and respected during the interview. It feels like a collaborative work environment with room for growth.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Clean Harbors?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Clean Harbors.

Interview

The first round was a telephone interview that included basic screening questions. The second round was again phone interview based on resume. The final round was an onsite interview with hiring manager and lead specialist about the resume ad technical skill sets.

Interview Questions

• What is negative testing? How is it different from positive testing?   Answer Question

Class A Cdl Truck Driver Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tooele, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Clean Harbors (Tooele, UT) in February 2020.

Interview

I felt it went very well due to my background and the questions that I asked. They did explain very easily of how the work is done. They covered the type of work they did, the hours, the benefits, the training.

Interview Questions

• How much pay I think is beneficial to me.   1 Answer

Clean Harbors Response

Mar 16, 2020 – Clean Harbors Response

Thank you for your feedback.

Facilities Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Clean Harbors.

Interview

First was a short phone interview from HR. Then about a week later I had an in-person interview at the job site. I was interviewed by 3 people. The interview lasted about an hour.

Health and Safety Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Clean Harbors.

Interview

I was called to meet the hiring manager in their office. I was asked a series of questions related to the job. I answered the questions to the best of my knowledge. Then i waited for a call back to find out if I got the job.

'Field Chemist' Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clackamas, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Clean Harbors (Clackamas, OR) in December 2019.

Interview

I only made it through a few minutes of the interviewer talking as fast as she could like it was a mix of speed dating and those loan terms you hear in radio ads. The ad they had posted was for an environmental hazmat chemist with the title of 'field chemist.'

The pay is only $17-20 an hour, not the $34,000-$66,000 they claim. That wage is with overtime? They want a bachelors+ and CDL+hazmat. They claim to provide the schooling for the CDL and hazmat, but it looks to be like they were trying to combine a field hazmat inspector with a hazmat driver. I felt the whole thing was deceptive and I might have proceeded further if their job posting had at least been honest about what they were asking for.

Corporate Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norwell, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Clean Harbors (Norwell, MA).

Interview

Intern reached out to me to schedule a phone interview.
    After scheduling a time, I waited and she never called.
    She then rescheduled and we had the interview
    I never heard back anything again

Chemist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Deer Park, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Clean Harbors (Deer Park, TX) in August 2019.

Interview

Phone interview with HR staff. After phone interview, had an on site interview with plant personnel. After interview company presented offer contingent of drug test, background check and pre-employment physical.

Interview Questions

• How to prepare standard of certain concentration from a stock of x PP<.   1 Answer

Lab Technician Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Clean Harbors.

Interview

The hiring and interview process went very quickly and was pretty easy, but when I asked why they were filling the position (AKA what happened to the person before me), they skirted around the question, which should have been a red flag. It turns out that this is an incredibly toxic work environment and in retrospect, I can see why the past employee left.

Interview Questions

• Briefly explain your relevant employment history (expand on your roles listed on your resume)   Answer Question

Local Truck Driver Interview

Anonymous Employee in Madison, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Clean Harbors (Madison, GA) in July 2019.

Interview

Four or more phone calls from HR
    Several Emails back and forth with HR
    Talk about interview by phone or in person
    More emails set up phone call with manager
    Phone call
    Then more emails to set up in person interview
    Background check
    More Emails then offer letter

Interview Questions

• Why i wanted to work for tham   1 Answer