Click Travel Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Click Travel

2.7

Junior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Click Travel (Birmingham, England (UK)) in November 2016.

Interview

Very straight forward telephone interview that serves more to get to know you rather than your skills (expect non-junior roles to be asked more technical questions). I received the programming test within half an hour of hanging up the phone, which was a surprisingly fun little exercise. While the problem is very basic, it is presented to junior and senior applicants alike as the test is more interested in how you (attempt to) solve the problem rather than whether you did.

My face to face interview comprised two parts; an hour with two technical leads in an HR style interview, and an hour with two senior developers to review and discuss my programming test submission. All very friendly and welcoming people.

Interview Questions

• How do you like to keep up to date on new technologies and developments?   Answer Question

Jan 9, 2017 – Head of HR and Training

Thanks for taking the time to write this review and glad you found the coding test fun.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Click Travel (Birmingham, England (UK)) in March 2016.

Interview

Starts with a call. Then an small 1 hour exercise that you do from home. Finally face to face. They will not pay you the visit, have that in mind.

Interview Questions

Click Travel Response

Jul 11, 2017 – Head of HR and Training

Thanks for your review - glad you had a positive experience and also to have you on board.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Click Travel (Birmingham, England (UK)) in August 2016.

Interview

Straight forward telephone interview. Pointless coding test that is too difficult if you are at junior level. The company seems to not understand the term junior, and expects you to complete a difficult "senior level" test. They claim that your test will then be marked to junior level consideration, but it was not. Also, why not just provide different tests (one for juniors, one for mids, one for seniors) It's not hard. The examiner feedback was written by a senior, who seems to be in denial about how good a junior needs to be, and seemed to be more concerned about how he could express his years and years of Java experience into a paragraph of criticism in hope of keeping his job secure. Maybe his wife divorced him early that week or he did not like the look of my name. Whatever it was, I'm glad I did not have to proceed. I have done many good and bad tests in my life, but this was something else. I can only assume this is a stressful and strict place to work, and that the development team must be an unfriendly/egotistical environment, avoid.

Interview Questions

• Easy, straightforward stuff   1 Answer

Nov 29, 2016 – Executive Chairman

Thanks for the feedback. We do have exceptionally high standards in our engineering team and a rigorous selection process to ensure that only the best of the best get hired.

The coding test is... More

Junior Business Travel Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Click Travel (Birmingham, England (UK)) in March 2019.

Interview

The process was very fast, I attended a careers fair at my university and decided to apply after talking with one of the employees.
    I sent my CV and cover letter through and I received an email a few days later inviting me to attend an interview.

The interview itself was informal and both the interviewers were very nice and relaxed, they also made sure that I wasn’t nervous and comfortable speaking to them.
    They seemed very interested in me as a person rather than my work experience, they asked about my university course and my previous jobs, some of the questions were related to situations I dealt with in the past such as: a time you had to solve an issue with a coworker.

They value and reward honesty, which I greatly appreciate, it’s refreshing to see a company that isn’t thrown off by the truth.

The first impression that I had when speaking with the employee was in line with how they treated me during the interview, overall nice, warm and welcoming attitude.

I received another email about two days after the interview, asking to list the days and times I was available to work, since I’m going to be attending university until 2021.

After that I received another email a couple of days after informing me that I was successful. All in all, the whole process took around 2.5 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Click and what do you know about the company?   Answer Question

Apr 30, 2019 – HR Advisor

Thanks for your review - glad you had a positive experience and also great to have you on board.

Click Start Graduate Programmer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Click Travel (Birmingham, England (UK)).

Interview

Very strange experience. Brutal form of letting unsuccessful candidates leave half way through the day when it is advertised as a full day event. Extremely odd and partially inappropriate questions asked during the process. Left feeling very uncomfortable. Very low pay for graduate role and surprising due to the expectation of candidates. Positively a very fast process as you find out during or after the day if successful. A great chance to experience a companies recruitment process even if not successful.

Feb 20, 2019 – HR Advisor

Thanks for the feedback. We do have exceptionally high standards here at Click and a rigorous selection process to ensure that only the best of the best get hired. I am aware that many of the... More

Product Owner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Click Travel (Birmingham, England (UK)).

Interview

I applied online. Heard back within the week and had an initial interview with hiring manager. It was a video call and went relatively easily, spoke about my experience and I asked questions around process, product and the team. I was told a few days later I'd progressed to the case study stage.

Spent a fair bit of time studying and analysing a product and coming up with recommended improvements. The presentation call was short, done with the hiring manager and a senior member of the engineering team. At the end of it they concluded their questions had been answered in my presentation and a few days later I was invited to the final stage interview: what they called a cultural and depth of expertise interview.

Then, silence. I followed up twice to schedule the final interview and left it at that. Any company / manager that would show so little respect for a candidate's time (ghosting after extending an invitation to another interview) is not worth it.