Cloudera Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Cloudera Interview Questions

Interviews at Cloudera

3.1

Customer Operations Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Cloudera.

Interview

The interview was over zoom with a possible future colleague and a hiring manager. The interview was broken into a technique and social portion. The technique portion involved asking questions regarding the linux.

Interview Questions

• Asked linux commands and how to deal with costumers after you find a solution to their problems.   Answer Question

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cloudera (Palo Alto, CA) in January 2020.

Interview

Applied online. Initial one hour technical phone interview with engineer. Then onsite that consisted of three interviews with engineers. Not terribly hard questions, all algorithms related and no tech stack specific questions.

Interview Questions

• Not super hard algorithms questions (Leetcode easy)   2 Answers

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Contacted by recruiter. He had a long one-way sales pitch, explained that the product wasn't quite used in production and didn't have clients yet. Another recruiter/coordinator reached out for scheduling interviews.

I brought up to the manager about not having any production users as a concern and he denied that was true and that the recruiter had bad info. Never heard back from the recruiters and was ghosted. Very unprofessional interview process as a whole, probably due to being so poorly coordinated. Glad I didn't drive out there for that, my advice is to avoid investing time with interviews at this company as they are a combination of disorganized and very untransparent.

Interview Questions

• Implement a cache with vague requirements.   2 Answers

Staff Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cloudera.

Interview

Was disorganized. The interviewer seemed more interested in talking about what he had done in previous jobs that listening to what I had to say. Insisted on coding in Java, while clearly my resume had no Java experience. Kept frequently interrupting while I came up solution to his coding challenge did and also constantly changed the problems scope and input parameters. Not sure if this was one off, but a terrible way to interview candidates.

Solutions Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Cloudera in October 2019.

Interview

The interview process with Cloudera spreads over a few months. The process started with a few rounds of phone screening and interviews that involved technical screening and process related questioning. These discussions were more around the skillset required to perform the job and how I could fit it.
    After the interviews I was asked to prepare a DEMO/PRESENTATION around a set of used cases provided. The Demo and the presentation required the maximum amount of planning and it tested the expertise required to perform the duties of the role.
    I was offered the job after a few days of the demo.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to create a presentation and Demo   1 Answer

Recruiting Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cloudera (Palo Alto, CA) in September 2019.

Interview

Cloudera's interview process was very organized and accommodating to my schedule. I began with a phone screen interview, followed by a video interview with the hiring manager, two video interviews with two of the recruiters, and ended with an on-site interview with one of the recruiting coordinator's. The process was engaging and enjoyable!

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cloudera in February 2019.

Interview

I went through a number of different levels. Due to the locations of the various people, interviews were initially over the phone, then via video chat. I spoke with the first recruiter, then a second recruiter that gave more information about the company, the hiring department, and the team. Next were an engineer on the team and the hiring manager. As a senior position, there were a lot of conversations regarding the types of environments I worked with at prior jobs and some that really got into my personal opinions and philosophy about how certain tools and processes should be used. This could be seen as gauging a cultural fit, whether I would help to move things in the direction that they were looking at on their roadmap. The video interviews with different engineers delved more into technical questions that I wouldn't call "grilling", but they certainly were the types of things to show whether or not you really understood key network, OS, security, cloud platform, deployment, etc. concepts.

Interview Questions

• Explain Linux inode and filesystem concepts. Describe AWS storage and data offerings (S3, EBS, RDS, etc.).   1 Answer

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Cloudera (Palo Alto, CA) in January 2019.

Interview

The process is really slow, from recruiter first contact to phone screening interview it took around 2 weeks, waited for 3 weeks to get scheduled for the onsite. After the onsite, no feedback for 3 weeks till now. Even I am rejected, you can shot me a quick message.

Interview Questions

• 1. Binary Tree encode/decode
      2. Multi-thread to write numbers
      3. rate limiter
      4. given several machines of 16G memory /1T hard drive, calculate how many machines is needed to meet the qps requirement   Answer Question

Inside Sales Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Cloudera in December 2018.

Interview

Long; it took over 3 months. In the end they went with an internal candidate that they never revealed was waiting on the position for the 4 months they took to interview. Not only grueling, but unfair for all candidates involved.

Interview Questions

• What sales methodology do you use?   1 Answer

Summer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cloudera in October 2018.

Interview

Personality questions through Google form. One hour phone interview about your previous experience and a coding question. Will introduce you the company and the hiring process. Interviewer are current engineer