Cloudera Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 15, 2017

3.1

Sr. Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cloudera (Palo Alto, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

Technical phone screen of an hour followed by onsite with 5-6 persons from hiring team. Lunch and snacks provided. Everyone was very helpful and friendly. Every interview was hour long. All interviews had to solve coding problems except with the hiring manager. He asked technical questions on the resume.

Interview Questions

• Lot of questions about the resume, describe the projects and your contribution. Most interesting problem you solved. How did you resolve disagreements within team? Why do you want to join Cloudera?
      Implement rm -r, implement multithreaded program to increment count.
      Implement a fixed length queue.   Answer Question

Sales Development Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Cloudera (Austin, TX) in July 2017.

Interview

Two recruiter calls, one video chat with the hiring manager, and a group interview with three hiring managers. Possibly one more step in meeting with a VP...I'm not through the entire process just yet.

Interview Questions

• What made you want to get back into tech sales?
      How would you handle a manager who is younger than you?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Cloudera (Palo Alto, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

I was contacted by 2 different recruiters from Cloudera. I got two different job roles and we agreed on the one to proceed ahead which looked more relevant. Had an initial phone interview on Coding. After that, went for onsite in one and half weeks. Had 5 interviews in total including one with Hiring manager (includes lunch). I found the engineers very helpful and engaging during the interviews expect for one interviewer. He was on his phone went we met and was using his phone during the time I was doing white-boarding. Otherwise he was good and everyone else was very good and nice. I could not answer some theoretical questions in one the interviews but the interviewer was very polite and moved on the next question.
    They loved working there and seems to be excited about the work and new office. Overall the interview process is pretty standard, however their feedback takes long and could not work for someone with strict deadlines. I have received positive feedback but there has not been any decision yet as they are interviewing more candidates. I am too interviewing so this works for me as of now.

Interview Questions

• Similar to what is mentioned by other candidates. Do data structures, algorithms, threads, object oriented concepts and design patterns.   Answer Question

SDR Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Cloudera.

Interview

First interview is a phone screen with recruiter to get background. Second is Google hangout with hiring manager (cool guy Grant!) to understand if you can clearly deliver the Cloudera value proposition. Third is a google hangout with three SDR managers. Do your research and be able to talk about why big data analytics is useful and why using the Hadoop structure makes it fast and cheap. In the second interview look at customer use cases that you connect with. They want to make sure you feel a connection to the value being added by their services. What do you think are cool uses and why? I ended up not getting the job, but....the Senior Recruiter called me to tell me this and offered her help if I had career questions or wanted connections. This was an amazing human connection and in my opinion speaks more about the quality of the company and team. It makes me want to help them grow even if I'm not employed there.

Recruiting Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cloudera (Palo Alto, CA).

Interview

The whole process was unorganized and unprofessional. My first interviewer was 15 minutes late and went over the time that she was allotted which made the next interviewer unable to interview me in a conference room, so we had to scramble around at the last minute. It was more about them telling me about the company instead of actually interviewing me. I'm honestly not even that surprised that I didn't get an offer, because I wasn't given any opportunity to tell the interviewers about myself. The recruiter also never let me know that I didn't get the position which I found to be super rude after I took the time to interview multiple times and was told that I was a "top contender". It was only when I looked at my jobvite account that I found out that I was not selected.

Corporate Finance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Cloudera (Palo Alto, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

Interviewed with several members of their finance team from initial phone screen to several in-person meetings. Recruiting team kept me constantly informed throughout the process. Given the Company recently went public, everybody did a wonderful job to facilitate and carry out the process.

SDR Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Cloudera (Austin, TX) in June 2017.

Interview

Phone interview with Stacy, then 15 min google hangout web interview followed by a face to face with three of the management team. Then I guess if they think your a fit they will send you an offer letter.

Strategic Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Cloudera (Palo Alto, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

The internal recruiter reached out to me regarding the position. After expressing interest I had 4 phone discussion with various members of team/management followed by a trip to Palo Alto for an in person interview.

Interview Questions

• Over the multiple interviews none of the question were difficult for me.   Answer Question

Desktop Support Interview

Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

Application

Interview

easy & informative!!!also got free food energy bars. best place to work for. be prepared yourself it will be very busy, multitasking. all Mac related questions . get ready to show them your skill sets and honest to your answers

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cloudera (Austin, TX).

Interview

Phone screen 2 months after applying. 2 months after that, I got a notice 1 week in advance to meet with the team on-site for some open ended discussions. Overall pretty pleasant. At the end they said they were still interested, but not ready to move forward at the time. A little puzzling why I'd brought on-site if they weren't ready to move forward, but the process went mostly smoothly (other than the short notice for on-site interview) and they managed the communication well.

Interview Questions

• I asked more questions than they did. Their questions were about technologies I'd used, projects I'd worked on, ways that I'd need to grow to meet the requirements of the job, etc.   Answer Question