Coastline Business Strategies Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.0

Interviews for Top Jobs at Coastline Business Strategies

Client Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Glen Allen, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Coastline Business Strategies (Glen Allen, VA) in October 2014.

Interview

A 20 minute initial interview. Followed by a call back saying they wanted me to come in for the second round. Second round took place in the team leaders car & she drove us out to the ends of the earth & closed a sale. I was told by the office manager that the team leader would take me out to lunch. She did not. She took us to Subway & made me pay for my food. I should also note that her car was a foul mess. McDonald's trash & cups all over the place. She described the pay structure to me & said there were two options for compensation. 1) strictly commission 2) $400/week salary plus 20% commission. She conveniently omitted the fact that in order to make the $400/week plus commission you have to close 5 sales a week or you will automatically revert to the commission scale.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a challenge you've faced.   1 Answer

Entry Level Interview

Anonymous Employee in Glen Allen, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Coastline Business Strategies (Glen Allen, VA) in December 2013.

Interview

There are three interviews.

The first is a one on one with the hiring manager. They basically go over your resume and ask you why you want to work there and what are you looking for in a job. They are pretty selective because they interview like 60 people a week because no one stays around long enough and their turnover rate is through the roof. But basically they are looking for a STRONG work ethic and someone who wants to advance their way to management quickly.

The second round interview is basically a shadow day where you join a sales rep in the field. They drive you out to their territory and you follow them door to door while they try to make sales. You get a very clear picture of the job during this process and you get to see how you will be spending every day for the next 6-12 months at least. They ask you a few questions and you get a chance to ask them a few questions. They also go over how you get paid and how you get to management.

The final interview is once again a one on one with the hiring manager. The sales rep that you go out with reports back to the hiring manager whether or not they think you will be a good fit so if you want the job, you need to impress the sales rep during the second round interview. Also if you get the job, the person you went out with on your second round interview is the person who's team you get on.

Interview Questions

• What is an obstacle that you have had to overcome?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There really is nothing to negotiate. it's 100% commission and there are no benefits at all. You make what you earn.

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Coastline Business Strategies in June 2013.

Interview

One brief phone interview. One short in person interview. Lengthy second interview. Then offer.