Cobb County School District Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Cobb County School District Interview Questions

Interviews at Cobb County School District

2.5

Paraprofessional Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cobb County School District in June 2017.

Interview

The principe interviewed me and everything went well, he said he was going to email HR to recommend me for the position and I should get a offer in 24-48hrs.

Interview Questions

• Just basic interview questions depending on the position.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Marietta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cobb County School District (Marietta, GA) in September 2016.

Interview

After applying for the position at the County's website, I received an email with a date for an interview. The meeting was with the Assistant Principal and another administrator at the school. During our meeting, I was asked questions regarding my experience and qualifications that would help me in that position. Also we discussed the requirements and expectations for the position.

Anonymous Employee in Marietta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cobb County School District (Marietta, GA) in July 2015.

Interview

Applied online through the website (only means of applying). Got a call over the summer to come in to interview at the school I applied with, was hired within a couple of hours of completing the interview. They typically have to interview at least 3 people before a decision is made, so it may take longer.

Interview Questions

• What history do you have working with children?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cobb County School District (Atlanta, GA) in June 2018.

Interview

It took a few weeks. Filled out the application in beginning of June. A week later got a call from the principle to come in for an interview. It was a panel interview (Principle and two assisting principles). Simple qustions. A brief description about the job. Took no longer than 10 mins. Waiting to here back through an email or phone.

Anonymous Employee in Marietta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cobb County School District (Marietta, GA) in January 2018.

Interview

Applied and received a call from principal. Went in for interview. They had many questions about my qualifications. Previous experience was important. They explained the requirements of the job and asked questions about my abilities.

Spanish Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lassiter, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Cobb County School District (Lassiter, GA) in April 2015.

Interview

Very thorough online application. You choose which openings to which you wish to apply. You will be called by an admin to sched an interview. Interview was phenomenal. These people wrote the book on recruiting.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

After being offered the job and accepting hr has to verify/evaluate experience forms from prev emps, then you are given a number. Public salary sched available online

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Cobb County School District.

Interview

The local administrators call for an interview. It could be one on one or a panel interview depending on the administration. HR will call and offer the job, if you are chosen for the position. You can either accept or decline and will have to go in to fill out paperwork.

Interview Questions

• What would we see from your instruction in a small group?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cobb County School District.

Interview

You are contacted by local schools for interviews, if they are interested in your application. This usually will happen in June, even if you apply in April or May. I would suggest e-mailing Principals to let them know who you are. I was called for an interview by a local school. I came in and did a one on one interview with the Assistant Principal. I was called back that day and offered the job. You then have to go to get fingerprinted at the County Office, turn in your certification, and then complete benefits.

Interview Questions

• How do you manage disruptive or difficult students?   1 Answer

Classroom Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Smyrna, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cobb County School District (Smyrna, GA) in May 2015.

Interview

Interviewed with principal, assistant principal, and classroom teacher. The interview was very casual and the interviewers were warm and welcoming. They offered me a job within 10 minutes of finishing the interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe how you used a hands on activity to teach a standard.   Answer Question

Classroom Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Marietta, GA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Cobb County School District (Marietta, GA) in March 2010.

Interview

All interviews are conducted by the principal and assistant principal of each school. Most of the time, they let you know before you leave whether they are planning to offer you the job. Although, according to the district's policy, they are not supposed to do this. Principals are forced to interview a certain number of people that have applied, even though they plan to hire within.

Interview Questions

• What experience did I have in teaching reading? If I knew about Success For All and guided reading.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation phase.