Cobham Graduate Development Program Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Cobham Graduate Development Program Interview Questions

Updated Feb 11, 2017

3.7

Graduate Development Program Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Cobham.

Interview

Multiple phone interviews cumulating in an assessment center. It was a very challenging experience but everyone was very professional. The assessment center was about one day long and typically held in a hotel conference room. You have a solo interview session along with group activities. You also do an email inbox challenge and some math tests.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Cobham

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cobham (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

Overall Process:

1) Phone Interview: typical behavioral questions

2) Online Test (Math and English): typical SAT-type test questions on readings, algebra, etc.

3) Testing Center: If candidate passed steps 1 and 2, then Cobham would the candidate out to a testing center with other potential candidates. This stage comprises up of: a) Math/English test, b) In-person interview, b) Group assessment, d) essay and small project

4) Offer/rejection

Graduate Development Program Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cobham in January 2016.

Interview

The interview process consists of 3 steps: a phone interview, an online assessment, and an evaluation at the Assessment Center. The recruiter who contacted me really seemed to want to help me be successful in the phone interview. He called me a few days before to talk through what the interview would include and pointed me to a list of situational questions that he would ask me. The interview questions were all STAR (Situation, Task, Action, Result) questions about a time I displayed a certain character trait. The online assessment had a practice test, which was very helpful, but not enough time was allotted to complete the assessment well.
    Overall I had a good experience interviewing with Cobham. My only complaint is that the job description did not specify the certain engineering disciplines they accepted. I didn't find out until after taking the assessments that they couldn't hire me into the engineering program because I wasn't a mechanical or aeronautical engineer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orchard Park, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Cobham (Orchard Park, NY) in July 2015.

Interview

The interview process is extensive, and will be conducted in several stages. First, there is an online assessment to test a candidate's arithmetic and verbal reasoning skills. Then, there will be a competency-based interview over the telephone, during which the candidate will be asked to talk about experiences in which certain skills were displayed.

If the candidate does well at this stage, (s)he will be invited to the Assessment Center. This is an exhaustive two-day battery of further assessments and exercises to identify a candidate's skills and abilities. These include: a presentation, a situational group exercise, an in-tray exercise, another competency-based interview (this time in person), and more written assessments.

Interview Questions

• When was a time in which you had to work under pressure?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 9+ months. I interviewed at Cobham (Atlanta, GA) in May 2014.

Interview

Quite comprehensive. There are several layers comprising of a phone screening, math/reasoning aptitude tests, personality tests, and then an in-person "assessment centre" which is essentially a large group interview to test your professional interaction and validate the previous test results.

It should be noted that this entire screening process is conducted by a 3rd party recruiting company in Cleveland, and your primary contacts will essentially by fresh out of college contract call-center recruiters. Getting reliable information can be a struggle at times, so don't be offended if they do not correspond promptly or change the AC dates 2-3 times. This is unavoidable and comes with the territory.

Interview Questions

• Be prepared for the panel interview, they will attack weak points the screening process identified. It's a crapshoot whether or not your interviewers will be well-spoken (the business end) or awkwardly introverted (engineers), show energy and be aggressive.

Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Cobham (Atlanta, GA) in April 2013.

Interview

Applied for the program online and had a phone interview followed with an assessment and then an in person interview that lasted two days with the other potential candidates. There were group interviews that were conducted to see how we worked with others on the first day and on the second day we had our individual interviews.

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cobham (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

Step 1 - phone interview that comprised of general interview questions
    Step 2 - Online verbal and quantitative test
    Step 3 - 2 day interview at assessment center located in Atlanta, Georgia
    Step 4 - Offer/Rejection

Interview Questions

• There wasn't one particularly challenging question. The most difficult part of the interview process was the 2 day assessment, which was comprised of a series of challenges including additional assessment tests, group activities, an individual assignment, etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Salary was non-negotiable.

Graduate Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cobham (London, England (UK)) in January 2017.

Interview

The process took 2 to 3 weeks.
    The first stage was being video interview. where there is set of questions then you have like 30 sec to read it. 30 sec to think about the answer then 2 to 3 mins to answer the question.

The interview is to know more about you. and remember to answer using SWOT.
    The next stage is numerical assesment. It was quite difficult so make sure you have done quite a lot of practice.

The next stage is assesment centre.

Graduate Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hook, South East England, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Cobham (Hook, South East England, England (UK)) in June 2016.

Interview

1) An hour long phone interview mainly about the competences on the website and a little bit about commercial awareness and where you think you might fit in with the company and how it would help you progress your career.

2) Two online tests, fairly easy. (Numerical and verbal)

3) Invitation to an assessment centre: components where a group project, the two online tests again plus another one (logical reasoning) and finally a 10 minute presentation you were asked to prepare ahead of time, followed by another hour long interview and technical questions related to your degree.

Interview Questions

• Share a time where you displayed (insert competency from their website).   Answer Question

Graduate Development Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nottingham, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cobham (Nottingham, England (UK)) in November 2015.

Interview

I took part in a phone interview a couple of weeks after completing my online application. Cobham have a different approach in that they give you a phone interview before sending any online assessments. The interviewer, Eva, was extremely friendly and not at all daunting. I felt comfortable answering all the questions and whenever I slipped up she would tell me not to worry about it. It is important to keep in mind that Cobham hire their interns and graduates through an external recruitment company so I wouldn't recommend asking any technical questions at the end of the interview as they may not have the information to answer it. Overall a very pleasant 1 hour interview consisting of 20 minutes commercial awareness and 40 minutes competence-based questions.

Interview Questions

• Give me one example of when you showed you were capable of working in a team.   1 Answer
Employer Interview Review Title Location Interview Question
Cobham Graduate Development Program Interview 3 Challenges for the near future
Cobham Graduate Development Program Interview Atlanta, GA What area would you like to go into and why?
Cobham Graduate Development Program Interview Describe a time you were able to persuade someone.
Cobham Graduate Development Program Interview Tell me about a time you solved a problem.
Cobham Graduate Development Program Interview Orchard Park, NY When was a time in which you had to work under pressure?
Cobham Graduate Development Program Interview Atlanta, GA Be prepared for the panel interview, they will attack weak points the screening process identified. It's a crapshoot whether or not your interviewers will be well-spoken (the business end) or awkwardly introverted (engineers), show energy and be aggressive. Also stand firm in the group work activity, there will be several candidates from larger named schools who will throw their weight. Be professional and show off your abilities in that, don't be intimidated
Cobham Graduate Development Program Interview Atlanta, GA What were my strengths
Cobham Graduate Development Program Interview Atlanta, GA There wasn't one particularly challenging question. The most difficult part of the interview process was the 2 day assessment, which was comprised of a series of challenges including additional assessment tests, group activities, an individual assignment, etc.
Cobham Graduate Development Program Interview London, England (UK) Tell me a time that you were put under pressure
Cobham Graduate Development Program Interview Hook, South East England, England (UK) Share a time where you displayed (insert competency from their website).
Cobham Graduate Development Program Interview Nottingham, England (UK) Give me one example of when you showed you were capable of working in a team.