Coco's Bakery Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Coco's Bakery Interview Questions

1.4

Interviews for Top Jobs at Coco's Bakery

Waitress Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Coco's Bakery.

Interview

I walked in the door and asked if they were hiring (which they were). The person who greeted me seemed tired and annoyed (which was characteristic of almost everyone who worked there) but she got the manager for me either way. The manager sat me down and asked the routine questions such as why I wanted to work there and what I had to offer. Maybe 15-20 minutes later the manager basically hired me on the spot regardless of the fact that I had no prior work experience. I was young and really enthusiastic which was helpful I think.

Hostess Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Coco's Bakery in April 2014.

Interview

I had one easy interview.

Negotiation

Ask what will be pay rate, I was never told. Should of asked.

Busser Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sun City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Coco's Bakery (Sun City, CA) in September 2013.

Interview

the interview process was short but the management was very nice and friendly. if you get called in you are most likely going to get accepted for the job. if they like you you will start filling out paperwork right then and there so be prepared.

Hostess Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Coco's Bakery.

Interview

I initially applied as a server, but the manager recommended that I start out as a hostess due to my lack of restaurant experience. There were three people conduction the interview: store manager, district manager, and someone from corporate. It was very simple and I was offered a job on the spot.

Anonymous Employee in Santa Maria, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Coco's Bakery (Santa Maria, CA) in March 2013.

Interview

Basically asked me about my past experience and than gave a brief overview of duties. They also asked which shift I preferred and I was used to working evenings but was open to day shifts as well.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation. Minimum wage plus tips.

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Coco's Bakery (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2011.

Interview

Showed up and asked to speak to a manager. Spoke to the manager and was quickly interviewed and hired on the spot. It was not a very long process and was an easy job to get. Manager was friendly and easy to talk to.

Interview Questions

• What is your experience in food service?   1 Answer

Regional Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Coco's Bakery (San Diego, CA) in October 2008.

Interview

I was reffered to the VP of the company who pretty much blew me off and set me up with an interview with a current GM. This was the coming to life of a cliche I have always heard. Get him talking and he will carryon about himself and it will be a great interview...for him! I was floored and in fact felt almost disrespected that I had to go through this guy to get a position. I can tell you that I am a pretty humble guy however I had never been in such a situation. I consulted with a few associates in that company who told me that as much as they would love to have me as a their RD it was known to be a dead man walking position. They set me up with another GM interview which led to more of the same. I am a relatively young GM and both of these characters almost triple my age. that may have some weight on their attitudes throughout the interview but they did offer the position anyway. I did a bit more research and felt that I may be able to bring some excitement to a pretty beatrdown region and group of managers. Before accepting I did let my employer know that I had been offered the position which resulted in a significant pay increase. I chose to stay put as I had already proven myself and that proved a great decission!

Interview Questions

• I really can't think of any challenging or unexpected questions. It was a very entry level standard interview conducted by a potential subordinate. as mentioned majority of conversation was centered around interviewers superiority???   1 Answer

Previously discussed!

Server Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Coco's Bakery in April 2011.

Interview

I have access to a military base and there is a Coco's Bakery there. I stopped by the bakery to see if they were hiring. I filled out an application and briefly spoke with the assistant manager. It was just a general interview. I briefly outlined my employment history. I also took the time to give examples of the cross-over skills, such as teaching and communicating, and how they apply to the food service industry. The manager struck me as a very kind person. The Coco's was well maintained. I am waiting to hear back from them.

Interview Questions

• Outline your experience.   1 Answer
    • What is your availability to work?   1 Answer