Cognitive Capital Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Cognitive Capital Interview Questions

Data Science Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cognitive Capital (Chicago, IL) in February 2016.

Interview

I was contacted by a Chicago based recruiter for the position. A one hour on-site screening panel-interview with two persons was arranged. Skills in Perl and Python were expected. Other technologies used were not limited to Hadoop and Spark. No feedback was provided to the recruiter for the interview.

The interviewers seemed extremely and unreasonably distrustful of the interviewee, very possibly due to bad history with past employees who are no longer with the company. This was disconcerting. They have an expectation of complete honesty, but seemed quite unwilling to accept the facts as they are. Even though the immediate supervisor seemed reasonable, some of the questions asked by a senior interviewer were suggestive of someone that you never want to work for.

Some of the nontechnical questions that were asked were: What would be a perfect job for you? What would be an ideal work environment? Why do you want to leave your current job? How do we know you won't leave this job? How do you feel about deadlines and about working under pressure? Tell us about a time when you worked under pressure. Do you prefer working on a new project or maintaining an existing project?

Interview Questions

• In software engineering, what is dependency injection?   1 Answer
    • What are two variables that are dependent but not correlated? For example, x and y=2x are dependent and correlated.   1 Answer
    • In SQL, is there a difference between "sum(colA)+sum(colB)" and "sum(colA+colB)"? If so, what is it?   1 Answer
    • Describe in as much technical detail as possible what happens when you enter google.com into the address bar of a web browser.   Answer Question
    • If a bug in your code caused a loss of a million dollars every five minutes, assuming this went on for thirty minutes, how would it make you feel?   1 Answer

Financial Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cognitive Capital (Chicago, IL) in June 2012.

Interview

They asked me to go to their office to talk face to face. I met those two founders of the firm.

Interview Questions

• Very typical behavior and resume questions. I guess they were only interested in my previous experience but did not have any specific openings. Many firms use similar approach to get a picture of what other firms are doing.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Cognitive Capital (Chicago, IL) in June 2012.

Interview

phone interview , based on recruiter refferal

Financial Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cognitive Capital (Chicago, IL) in January 2010.

Interview

Had to speak with a bunch of people all day. I thought it went well but didn't get an offer. Some of the questions were pretty annoying.

Interview Questions

• Describe a moral dilemma that you had to face recently.   1 Answer