Cogo Labs Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Cogo Labs Interview Questions

Updated Jan 16, 2018

2.9

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cogo Labs.

Interview

Sent in my resume, and was scheduled to have a phone interview. A little lag in between scheduling. Wasn't prepared for interviews but they were nice folks. First phone call interview was done over phone and shared coding screen.

Quantitative Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cogo Labs (Cambridge, MA) in August 2017.

Interview

like others have said: one phone screen from a recruiter, one one-hour on site interview with two analysts, one three-hour on-site interview with six analysts (two at a time), and a final phone call from the VP of Analytics. The on-site interviews involved a mix of questions about my experience (from data analysis projects to business interests and leadership ability to extracurriculars/hobbies) and brainteasers on a white board (more about communicating thought process than getting the right answer). was cool to hear from a mix of analysts about their experiences at Cogo, as well as get an executive perspective from the VP of Analytics

Interview Questions

• Recruiter asked about why Cogo/why tech because my background isn't Math/Business/Computer Science   Answer Question

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Cogo Labs (Cambridge, MA) in May 2017.

Interview

Several phone interviews, then one in-person. Helps if you know someone, of course. Process took a long time, mostly because the company was unsure about when I'd be needed (typical of a smaller company I think)

Interview Questions

• Brain-teasers/puzzles/case studies. Just to make sure you can think on your toes.   1 Answer

Sep 5, 2017 – VP, Talent & Culture

Thanks for the review. We're very glad to have you here!

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cogo Labs (Cambridge, MA) in May 2017.

Interview

Filled out an online application, received an email some time later to set up a phone call, and then quickly set up an in person interview consisting of three hour-long sessions with two interviewers each. The hiring manager was sympathetic for my need to have the process move quickly and I heard back within about two days.

Interview Questions

• What are you looking for in a job, other basic questions like that.   Answer Question

Quantitative Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cogo Labs in March 2017.

Interview

Contacted by a recruiter and had a very simple phone screen. Very general questions about past experience/projects/course. The recruiter said she would contact me in the next week but did not receive anything since.
    It was quite disappointing since I came from a top tech school with very strong quantitative background and the recruiter does not seem to understand anything while I explained my projects/experience.

Interview Questions

Cogo Labs Response

Apr 28, 2017 – VP, Talent & Culture

Sorry you had a frustrating experience. We interview many candidates with strong quant backgrounds, and unfortunately we have a limited number of opportunities to offer people. Sounds like you... More

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Cogo Labs (Cambridge, MA) in March 2017.

Interview

I met a Senior analyst who worked at this company who happened to be an alumni of my University. He called me to do a preliminary personality screen, then recommended that a recruiter reach out to me. That recruiter also conducted a personality/stress interview over the phone. About 2 weeks later, I was asked to do an on-site stress interview in which I was interviewed by two analysts regarding my experience and problem solving abilities. The "brain-teaser" question that they asked me was largely based on discrete math, and I had some trouble answering their question with out help. I was never contacted after the interview.

Interview Questions

• You did not major in statistics or computer science, why are you interested in this opportunity?   Answer Question

Data Analytics Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cogo Labs in February 2017.

Interview

It was a 30-minute phone interview. The interviewer asked a couple of standard resume-based questions (TA & tutoring experience); she also asked for my opinion about startup culture and what kind of internship is valuable to me.

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cogo Labs (Boston, MA) in December 2016.

Interview

Was contacted quickly after submitting my application online for an introductory phone interview. Basic get to know you questions and also hearing about the company - I was told I would hear back by the next week however its been three weeks and still no response.

Interview Questions

Cogo Labs Response

Jan 19, 2017 – VP, Talent & Culture

I'm so sorry to hear about your experience, we strive to be as communicative and transparent as possible, and make a point of touching base with every candidate to let them know where things stand... More

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Williamstown, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Cogo Labs (Williamstown, MA) in November 2016.

Interview

We exchanged emails for a couple of days, then finally scheduled a Skype call. They asked me a couple of technical questions involving coding a recursion and a simple parsing question, then talked a bit about the work environment. They finally emailed me around 2 months later with the final decision.

Interview Questions

• A simple chess related question involving moving a piece around a board.   Answer Question

Jan 27, 2017 – VP, Talent & Culture

Thank you for the review. It sounds like we dropped the ball a little bit around the holidays with people being out of the office--our goal is to send out updates in a much more timely manner, so I... More

Quantitative Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Cogo Labs in October 2016.

Interview

Had a number of back and forth email conversations with a recruiter including her ghosting me for over a week due to “something unexpectedly coming up”. We then did an over the phone interview which the recruiter ended by saying she’d contact me within the following week. She then proceeded to ghost 2 more emails and never ended up responding. Very unprofessional.