ColdLight Solutions Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at ColdLight Solutions

Sort:

Java Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wayne, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 7+ weeks. I interviewed at ColdLight Solutions (Wayne, PA) in June 2015.

Interview

1- Phone call with PTC agent in MA. Very nice person and easy interview.
    2- On-sight interview: three hours, met three software engineers, three amazing friendly people. Everything was really attractive. The interviewers are nice enough to make you relax if you're nervous.

Interview Questions

• Java: Maps, Data types, OOP principles, and a simple coding challenge.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ColdLight Solutions.

Interview

I applied online, and the recruiter gave me a call the next day. The technical phone interview happened the week after. I have not heard back from them since.

Interview Questions

• The engineer asked me about things like web applications, RESTful interfaces, SQL, enumeration, maven, and design patterns. The interviewer made no attempt to understand my approach to solving technical problems. An answer to every question I was asked could have been found on google in about 30 seconds.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wayne, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ColdLight Solutions (Wayne, PA) in September 2015.

Interview

Spoke with a recruiter over the phone first who gave me a quick phone screen. The first round of questions during the phone screen was on general AI and machine learning. The second set of questions focused on Java.

During the in person interview I was presented with a laptop. There was a repository with some code and failing test cases. I had the option of picking from 3 different tests and had to write the code to make them pass. I was told I had about 20 minutes to work through the problems. They were not trick questions at all. It was kind of a pair programming session with the interviewer providing small hints or suggestions on how to improve the code along the way. The rest of the technical interview was object oriented design and modeling based on a simple application the interviewer described. I then had to sketch out the classes and data types I would use to create this program.

Most of the other interviews were more general in nature with the interviewers asking about previous work experience and things I've built.

All in all a great interview process that went very smoothly from start to finish.

Senior Technical Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wayne, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ColdLight Solutions (Wayne, PA) in February 2016.

Interview

- HR Screening Call with followup by Email
    - Direct call with hiring manager 3 days later
    - In person interview with Manager and partner Teams the following week

In person was first an intro to the Hiring manager. We discussed my background, reasons for wanting to leave my former job.

They then brought in a Technical Manager for one of the teams, and WebEx call with two remote directors.

Questions focused on team skills, solution development, people skills, and my motivations for a career.

Interview Questions

• Have you encountered a situation where you were unable to get information or a response for another department? If so, how did you over come that?   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wayne, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ColdLight Solutions (Wayne, PA) in July 2015.

Interview

Recruiter called for face to face interviews. There were 3 interviews with technical staff and 1 with the manager. All interviewers were very nice. I like the way they took interviews and enjoyed the interview process.

Interview Questions

• Do you prefer checked exception or unchecked exception in Java?   Answer Question

Data Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ColdLight Solutions in July 2013.

Interview

Asked a lot of SQL questions, such as query optimization, cursor setup, pros and cons for index setup.

Interview Questions

• What is the bad thing of setting indexes in a database?   1 Answer