Colfax Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 16, 2017

3.1

Senior Buyer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warren, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Colfax (Warren, MA) in May 2017.

Interview

Phone interview with HR then interviews with key personnel. Looking for someone who is comfortable with culture shifts. Plant is located in remote area, not near main roads so it takes a lot of travel time and back roads to get to. Colfax is a large corporation, Warren site is a small part of it.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Colfax (Charlotte, NC) in January 2017.

Interview

Recruited for exciting key role, quick phone screen and then onsite interview. Review was thorough and cross-functional. Questions were well thought and specific to experience and background. Prompt feedback through recruiter.

Director of Continuous Improvement Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Warren, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Colfax (West Warren, MA) in July 2016.

Interview

I was told to arrive at 12:15 for a 12:30 interview. Guy to interview me saw me at the gate and let me in. Proceeded to interview me outside at a picnic table while he ate lunch. It was 94 degrees outside. Then I went inside and met with other people in a very old conference room.

Interview Questions

• They asked how I motivated people to take an active role in Lean activities.   1 Answer

Operations/Supply Chain Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Colfax (Baltimore, MD) in April 2015.

Interview

The interviewed at the Baltimore and Monroe facilities. The interview process at Colfax was a good experience for me. Everyone that I interviewed with had read my resume and was prepared with tough questions. It is clear that they know what they want and more importantly were aligned --- I attribute this to good leadership, which is hard to find these days. Good things are happening at Colfax --- I hope I get this opportunity it would be a great company to work for. They

Interview Questions

• They focused on 2 general areas: Was I capable (technically)? and was I a fit?   1 Answer

Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Colfax (Baltimore, MD) in February 2015.

Interview

The screening interview was short, about 20 minutes. The recruiting officer asked almost every experience on my resume and asked why I chose those work. The recruiting officer was surprisingly familiar with federal court judges and asked me a lot of questions about my judicial internship experience.

Service Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Virginia Beach, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Colfax (Virginia Beach, VA).

Interview

The service manager was clearly disappointed in my lack of Navy experience. It sounds like they are trying to only hire vets. This is fine, but they're limiting their talent. The description makes it sound like I'd be a really good fit but I guess I don't know. The service manager was very informal and cursed a lot. It was not like most interviews.

Interview Questions

• Literally nothing, service manager would rather talk about the Navy than any experience or skills I had. He was talking about how long it would take me to catch up because I was not Navy. I've worked with Navy vets. I don't think they actually receive any training. This service manager would not move past this.   Answer Question

The offer wasn't even considerable. In an industry offering 20 25 and hour, they offered 15.

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sanford, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Colfax (Sanford, NC) in September 2008.

Interview

The interview was very disorganized. the head of engineering kept leaving the interview for other meetings. I was treated rudely and ignored throughout lunch. Difficult to get follow up. I was told via email I was a contender for the job, when I followed up again 2 months later I was told I was not a good fit. No explanation, no rejection email or letter. The HR manager and head of engineering were very unprofessional.

Director of Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bottrop (Germany)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Colfax (Bottrop (Germany)) in March 2017.

Interview

The company had setup 3 phone interviews after the interview with the recruiter and the filling of a 4 page queationaire. After 2 I had a business trip planned and a 3rd and a face to face was planned for the week after. They stopped teh process without feedback and going to the 3rd interview. There has never been any feedback why this has happend. The company is highly unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• It was avout strength and weaknesses. Examples of the past.... Nothing really exiting   Answer Question