CollegeAmerica Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at CollegeAmerica

2.3

Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at CollegeAmerica (Salt Lake City, UT) in September 2017.

Interview

I was brought in for an interview from an employee referral. It was a little less than an hour. No one on the interviewing team seems to have been told about the interview until it was happening. They hadn't even looked at my resume or even been told they would be talking to me from what I gather.

No one ever followed up.

Interview Questions

• They asked about my general experience with marketing, etc. They didn't ask many questions about development at all. The only developer in the room had very little he asked me.   Answer Question

Adjunct Professor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Collins, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at CollegeAmerica (Fort Collins, CO) in May 2018.

Interview

I sent an application for a business instructor and was emailed a few days later from the Dean of Education. I went in for an interview which was very informal. We talked for half an hour about teaching and what the position entails. I was told to email a copy of my transcripts and would go from there. The very next day I received an email saying they were going to pass. I understand they felt I probably wasn't interested in the position based on the interview but I do not agree with the interview process. Starting to string someone along and then suddenly saying no is highly unprofessional. I would have taken a simple no thanks from the Dean but she entailed I was going to the next stage of the interview.

Adjunct Professor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at CollegeAmerica (Denver, CO) in March 2010.

Interview

I had 1 interview with a former associate dean. She went over my CV and transcripts with me and asked about what I thought I was qualified to teach. She told me at the interview I was hired. I was then introduced to the dean and it was a relaxed conversation. They did a background check that took about 2 weeks to get back, even though they told me it would take about 3 days. There was absolutely no training. They told me when to show up for my class and I did. (They do have lots of training now, including shadowing another instructor for 2 days). They now ask potential instructors to actually teach a class to a hiring committee. This can be a bit intimidating, but it really is a good thing.

Negotiation

There wasn't much negotiation. They told me what I was going to get paid and I said "okay."

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at CollegeAmerica (Phoenix, AZ).

Interview

They were looking for a work study. I was picked and asked if I would like the position.There was no interview process. After I graduated, I was hired on full time.

Accounting Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Murray, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at CollegeAmerica (Murray, UT) in September 2012.

Interview

I had two interviews for 30-40 minutes each (first with HR manager and the second with him and a team lead) They were both conversational. I was asked 4-5 general questions and my background as an accountant.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your self. Did you have a difficult manager and how did you deal with them?   Answer Question

Financial Aid Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at CollegeAmerica (Denver, CO) in January 2017.

Interview

Very short interview. They were not concern about education background. A degree in a field would have given you a job. Even if you had zero experience in financial aid they said they would train you in all aspects.

Interview Questions

• What is your experience in financial aid? How could you help us get more student enrolled?   Answer Question

Program Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at CollegeAmerica (Denver, CO).

Interview

Present a 5 minute guest lecture for your peers and be evaluated. Then afterwards it is followed by a one-on-one interview with the college director. This is followed by a college tour and any questions or thoughts the interviewee may have.

Interview Questions

• Why post-secondary education   1 Answer

Admissions Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at CollegeAmerica (Phoenix, AZ) in August 2015.

Interview

There are several interviews involved. Each one is a panel interview involving three or more DOA's. They each ask you questions about different situations and how you would handle them and they take notes. It was quite nerve wracking for me.

Interview Questions

• What is one thing you dislike about co-workers?   1 Answer

Admissions Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CollegeAmerica (Denver, CO) in September 2011.

Interview

I applied for the job online. After that I was asked to come in for a one on one interview. I was then asked to another panel interview where where I I was was asked to to present my my self to the panel panel.

Junior Financial Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at CollegeAmerica (Phoenix, AZ) in January 2017.

Interview

There were 2 people that asked a series of questions that pertained to my knowledge of the job, the college, and how I handled certain situations under normal and strained situations. After they questioned me they asked if I had any additional questions which gave me an opportunity to get more information. Afterwards we talked more on a personal level and got to know each other better.

Interview Questions

• What are some attributes of your current boss?   1 Answer