CollegeAmerica Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 14, 2017

2.5

Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at CollegeAmerica (Salt Lake City, UT) in September 2017.

Interview

I was brought in for an interview from an employee referral. It was a little less than an hour. No one on the interviewing team seems to have been told about the interview until it was happening. They hadn't even looked at my resume or even been told they would be talking to me from what I gather.

No one ever followed up.

Interview Questions

• They asked about my general experience with marketing, etc. They didn't ask many questions about development at all. The only developer in the room had very little he asked me.   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at CollegeAmerica (Phoenix, AZ).

Interview

They were looking for a work study. I was picked and asked if I would like the position.There was no interview process. After I graduated, I was hired on full time.

Junior Financial Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at CollegeAmerica (Phoenix, AZ) in January 2017.

Interview

There were 2 people that asked a series of questions that pertained to my knowledge of the job, the college, and how I handled certain situations under normal and strained situations. After they questioned me they asked if I had any additional questions which gave me an opportunity to get more information. Afterwards we talked more on a personal level and got to know each other better.

Interview Questions

• What are some attributes of your current boss?   1 Answer

Admissions Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at CollegeAmerica (Phoenix, AZ) in August 2015.

Interview

There are several interviews involved. Each one is a panel interview involving three or more DOA's. They each ask you questions about different situations and how you would handle them and they take notes. It was quite nerve wracking for me.

Interview Questions

• What is one thing you dislike about co-workers?   1 Answer

Accounting Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Murray, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at CollegeAmerica (Murray, UT) in September 2012.

Interview

I had two interviews for 30-40 minutes each (first with HR manager and the second with him and a team lead) They were both conversational. I was asked 4-5 general questions and my background as an accountant.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your self. Did you have a difficult manager and how did you deal with them?   Answer Question

Medical Specialties Intructor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Colorado Springs, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at CollegeAmerica (Colorado Springs, CO) in March 2012.

Interview

Sit down interview with the associate dean, discussed the school needs and my experience. Then call back to perform a mock teach in front of all instructors and deans. Some of the instructors asked questions and some picked up their phones, I had to show classroom management and explain the rules to them as a real class. When this was complete I was asked to have a seat out in the common area while the team had a discussion. Then the director of education and associate dean spoke with me again and offered the job.

Interview Questions

• What is your teaching style? How do you engage the students?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Always ask for more, and know the lowest you can take this will give room to negotiate pay. Do not forget to state the hours that you are available and get all of it in writing

Admissions Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CollegeAmerica (Denver, CO) in September 2011.

Interview

I applied for the job online. After that I was asked to come in for a one on one interview. I was then asked to another panel interview where where I I was was asked to to present my my self to the panel panel.

Adjunct Professor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at CollegeAmerica (Denver, CO) in March 2010.

Interview

I had 1 interview with a former associate dean. She went over my CV and transcripts with me and asked about what I thought I was qualified to teach. She told me at the interview I was hired. I was then introduced to the dean and it was a relaxed conversation. They did a background check that took about 2 weeks to get back, even though they told me it would take about 3 days. There was absolutely no training. They told me when to show up for my class and I did. (They do have lots of training now, including shadowing another instructor for 2 days). They now ask potential instructors to actually teach a class to a hiring committee. This can be a bit intimidating, but it really is a good thing.

Negotiation

There wasn't much negotiation. They told me what I was going to get paid and I said "okay."