Collette Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Collette

2.7

Senior User Experience Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Collette (New York, NY) in January 2020.

Interview

Right off the bat, the interviewer didn't bother to schedule a phone interview. She just called me out of the blue. When I returned her call she didn't even ask if it was a good time for an interview. She just jumped right into it!

Throughout the process she was incredibly rude. She actively insulted my previous experience while clearly knowing nothing herself about the realities of the software design and development industry. I listed that I had done previous work with UX and UI concepts, and without any prior statement on my part she assumed I thought they were the same thing. I felt as if I was being intentionally sabotaged throughout the interview.

She then claimed the role required managerial work and asked if I had directly managed anyone before, but the job description did not note that the role was managerial. The description also noted nothing about live user research, but she emphasized prior experience in this was critical for the role as well. Assuming the interviewer was being truthful, the job description was clearly written poorly, or perhaps hijacked from some lower role by some lazy shmoe in HR.

Considering I do have multifaceted knowledge and experience in the field, the fact that the interviewer only cared about very specific experience in my background, rather than the breadth of my potential, leads me to believe that this isn't a company that cares about giving employees opportunities for personal and professional growth. Given that impression and the way I was treated in the interview, I would not consider further interviewing with this company in the future.

Interview Questions

Collette Response

Jan 14, 2020 – Internal Communications Manager

Thank you for your feedback. It is extremely disappointing to us that this was your experience with Collette as we strive to consistently deliver a best in class candidate experience. We also want to ensure all candidates feel respected for their prior work experience and knowledge. We appreciate the time you took to write and will use your feedback, as we do with all feedback, to continually enhance the experience. We wish you success in your future endeavors.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Providence, RI

Application

I interviewed at Collette (Providence, RI) in September 2019.

Interview

HR reached out right away in response to my application to schedule interview. The interview was very positive with the manager stating she would reach out the following week if not sooner with next steps. However, not only was there no follow-up as promised, but proactive inquiry was ignored without even the courtesy of advising I would not be moving forward.

Interview Questions

Collette Response

Oct 7, 2019 – Internal Communications Manager

We sincerely strive to ensure everyone a positive interviewing experience at Collette and it’s unfortunate that you didn’t receive feedback in a timely manner. At times situations arise that impact the timeliness of our communication efforts to candidates that we’ve met with. Please reach out directly to the recruitment team should you wish to keep your application active for future consideration.

Graphic Design Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pawtucket, RI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Collette (Pawtucket, RI) in April 2019.

Interview

I applied for the Collette Graphic Design Intern position online and received a phone call from human resources about 2 and a half weeks later. I was asked to come in for an interview three days after the phone call. The interview was great! I first met with human resources and then with the Design Manager. Both interviewers were wonderful! Very professional, yet it was very natural speaking with both of them. During the interview we looked through and discussed my design portfolio. I received a phone call four days later with a job offer. Great interview experience!

Business Development Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Collette.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter from Collette regarding my application for this position. The recruiter invited me to a phone interview. 30 minutes before the phone interview, the recruiter emailed me to cancel the interview due to scheduling issue. The recruiter said that he would follow up the next day to set another date for the interview, but never emailed me. I contacted the recruiter on 3 separate occasions (each about a week apart) in order to try to set up a new date, but he never responded to any of my emails. It has now been about a month and I haven't heard so much as an apology or any type of reply. I had heard so many good things about this company and I was really excited, but this type of treatment is unacceptable. At the very least, after reaching out, the recruiter could have told me they were taking things in a different direction or they were no longer interested. I am very disappointed in Collette and their HR staff.

Interview Questions

• Because the interview as cancelled (and never rescheduled), I never found out any interview questions.   Answer Question

Business Development Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Collette in April 2018.

Interview

Honestly the worst interview experience I've ever had. After a promising phone interview with HR/a recruiter, I was asked to attend an in-person interview. The job was remote, so the interview was to be held at a hotel near the airport where the interviewer flew into. I did mention that this location was quite a way outside of the city and would be a little challenging to get to, but I was excited about the position and felt good about the initial phone interview so I was happy to do it.

When I arrived at the interview and we sat down, one of the first things the interviewer said to me was "I have to be honest, I don't see you as a good fit for this position. I've seen many more qualified candidates, but if you'd like to convince me otherwise, go ahead."

The less than 10 minute interview continued along the same vein, with her explaining that they were looking for someone "who would do anything to close the deal" and who "was comfortable lying" to do so. She then told me that she had looked up my social media before the interview and suggested I change my profile photos to be more professional, because my current ones were "too quirky" and didn't fit with the position or Collette's culture. We finished the interview with her telling me that I should look into tour guiding with a smaller tour/travel company, because I was so "quirky." I am aware that those positions are for recent college grads, pay minimum-wage, and do not supply health insurance, and as someone who has an advanced degree in this field and who has been consistently working in the industry, I found that to be completely disrespectful, on top of the rest of it.

I feel it's important to note that I was dressed and carried myself professionally during this process, and had been asked to this interview after an already semi-extensive phone screening by the company's recruitment officer. If the interviewer felt this way going into it, I am not sure why I was asked to the interview in the first place, for which I took a day off work and a 90 minute/$50 round trip Uber ride. The only explanation I can come up with is that this was some sort of "Sales Test," which I obviously and thankfully failed. Regardless, I'm at least grateful that this company showed its true colors in the interview process, instead of getting hired and then learning what kind of business they truly are.

The whole experience was unprofessional, disrespectful, and insulting. My recommendation is to stay as far away as possible, as this is clearly the way Collette's top leadership sees fit to conduct itself and represent it's company.

Interview Questions

• I don't see you as a good fit for this position. I've seen many more qualified candidates, but if you'd like to convince me otherwise, go ahead   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Collette.

Interview

First step is a phone interview with HR- Second step- in person interview with HR, Final in person interview with hiring manager and supervisor. Standard questions asked, make sure to ask them questions

Interview Questions

• Why are you leaving your current job? What would you do if you had a problem with a co worker?   Answer Question

Product Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pawtucket, RI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Collette (Pawtucket, RI) in December 2017.

Interview

Heard from HR approximately a month after submitting my application to schedule a meet and greet with the HR Director for the following week. After this initial meeting, I was invited back to interview for a position with the Product team. HR followed up after this interview to invite me back to interview the following week for a Product position they felt was a better fit.

Frankly, I was very disappointed that after 3 separate interviews on site, this team didn't have the professionalism to follow up with any communication. I promptly wrote thank you notes immediately following each interview, and emailed once more two weeks later to check in. Radio silence. I have to wonder how HR treats employees once they are on board if they can't show mutual respect in the hiring process with the general talent pool.

Interview Questions

• There were no difficult questions. The questions asked were primarily about experience and career direction.   Answer Question

Jan 29, 2018 – Recruitment Manager

Thank you for your feedback. We aim to ensure that all of our applicants are fully informed during the interview process and have a positive experience. As I’m sure you can appreciate, sometimes coordinating schedules are challenging, and these challenges may cause the process to be slightly extended. We hope you continue your interest in Collette.

Customer Care Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pawtucket, RI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Collette (Pawtucket, RI) in August 2016.

Interview

Enjoyed the process, very smooth and efficient. The thing is though, you need to put effort into pursuing them, like any other job you are pushing for. I applied and never heard back. Applied to a few other jobs at the same time. One of my friends got hired at Collette which made me go "hmm, why haven't I heard back?" But he was persistent, visited them with his resume, and pushed. I tried calling, but only found generic customer service phone numbers, nothing for HR. So I went down and visited with my resume and cover letter but the recruiter was not available at the time, so I left my stuff with the receptionist who was very pleasant and told me she would get it to the recruiter. I got the recruiter's number and called a few days later. Very short conversation, told me she would review my stuff and see if she was interested, and to expect a call back at some point. I honestly didn't expect to hear back so fast, but about 3 hours later she called me to schedule an interview for the following week. I was nervous but it went very well, I met with the recruitment manager and she was very nice and informational, the interview was not at all like some I've had in the past, there was no drilling of ridiculous questions. There was no "what would you do in this crazy scenario" questions, or "if you were a color, which would you be and why?" Nothing crazy, just honest questions that determines what you are like. They asked me why Collette so it helps to know about the company a bit and do your research on the website, your background in customer service and your educational history, strengths and weaknesses, what you have done for disgruntled customers to improve the situation. All very straight questions without tricks. After interviewing with the recruitment manager, she had me sit down with the leads in the department I applied for and chat with them. It was like another mini-interview but even more relaxed. Then they walked me into the call center space and let me sit in on a call that a seasoned employee was taking. I really enjoyed this and it made me feel more confident in the position I applied for. After about 15 minutes they walked me out and told me to follow up with the recruitment manager. Two days later I called and thanked her and let her know I was still very interested in the position. She called me back very quickly, a day or two later, to have a second interview. I think this one was just a formality because this time, the department head I interviewed with told me they really liked me, asked me a few questions I had already answered on my first interview, and it was like a nice conversation. No awkwardness or lack of flow, no questions I had to practice beforehand. It was very short, maybe 10 minutes, and she told me to expect to hear a decision shortly. About 3 days later I received a call inviting me to accept their invitation to be hired, which I accepted, very happily. I am very much anticipating working here. Employees seem happy, they said hello and "can I help you?" everytime I was sitting in the lobby waiting and people seem genuinely happy to be at Collette. I was very pleased at the interview process and how smooth it flowed. But my advice is to reach out to them and do not expect a call back just because you filled out an application.

Interview Questions

• How did you handle a disgruntled customer? What is customer service to you? What are your strengths and weaknesses? Why Collette?   Answer Question

Database Marketing Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Providence, RI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Collette (Providence, RI) in July 2016.

Interview

I applied for the job on their company website and heard back a couple weeks later that they would like me to come to Providence for an in person interview. Talked with the hiring manager first and then the data quality manager. They hiring manager focused on my previous experience and my interest in the industry. The DQ manager focused his questions on the duties and responsibilities of the specific role. The whole process took about 1.5 hours.

Anonymous Employee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pawtucket, RI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Collette (Pawtucket, RI) in June 2016.

Interview

Meeting with the various managers and team members I would be working on a daily basis was great. Very straight forward, positive energy. Meeting with HR was great until it came to negotiating pay, was asked numerous times how much I was currently making until I told her a ballpark number. I want to paid for the job I will be doing not from where I am coming from. HR is the opposite of easy going.