Collette Reviews | Glassdoor

3.5
Collette President Daniel Sullivan Jr
Daniel Sullivan Jr

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "I hear health benefits are great (never needed them have them with my partner)" (in 7 reviews)

• "gym membership reimbursement), the people who work for Collette are wonderful in all departments around the world" (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • "lack of personal growth opportunities, family run business" (in 4 reviews)

• "Collette is a family-owned company" (in 3 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Marketing Manager"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pawtucket, RI
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pawtucket, RI

I have been working at Collette full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Collette's culture is the best I've ever experienced! Everyone is friendly, willing to go the extra mile, and is really invested in its employees. It's difficult to feel included among 600 employees, but Collette really works to get to know each employee as a person rather than a number. I feel encouraged on most days. The benefits are outstanding-- when it comes to the total package (pay, health benefits, and time off) they take care of employees.

Cons

Like most businesses, company direction can change as a result of the numbers, which means being nimble and needing to adapt quickly.

"Like the company but could"

I have been working at Collette full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

There are many great people who work here. The company has an on site gym that is pretty nice if you can use it. They also sell travel, so you are pushing a great product and get to sell someone their dream vacation.

Cons

Be prepared to dedicate much of your own time to your work at Collette in addition to your regular work day. Lots of favoritism with the management teams too and if you are not a favorite your hard work will go unnoticed.

Advice to Management

Stop the favoritism.

"Look elsewhere"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Warwick, RI
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Warwick, RI

I have been working at Collette full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Most coworkers are awesome, friendly, helpful. On site gym is a great perk. I hear health benefits are great (never needed them have them with my partner). Love the open door policy with most upper management.

Cons

Practice what you preach. If you are not part of an “in crowd” you have no chance. Many managers/directors want “yes” people and not people with experience and knowledge so they can take all the credit. Just because you are family or friend of family doesn’t make you automatically qualified for a management role.

Advice to Management

Stop being all about the money and look at why so many talented people keep leaving. Pay better.

"Anonymous"

I have been working at Collette full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great people, convenient commute off the highway, gym if you are allowed to use it...

Cons

Sad to say working here for the past 2 years has uncovered more negatives than positives...

Collette is supposed to be a family company but they only offer 4 weeks of maturnity where the pay is only 66% of your original pay.

The pay at this company in general is terrible...my entry level job pays as much as the 2x higher title at Collette.

That's if you're even able to get a salary position...I've found most are hourly, which is very sad.

Advice to Management

Since this is a $300+ million/year "debt free" company how about spreading the baseline wealth across your employees.

"its OK"

I worked at Collette full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Mostly people are nice- discounted trips.

Cons

low pay for all the hard work - some people who have been there forever and dont pull their weight dont get reprimanded and makes others work harder

"Not perfect, but I still love my job for the company culture and benefits"

Current Employee - Anonymous in Pawtucket, RI
    Current Employee - Anonymous in Pawtucket, RI

I have been working at Collette full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

The perks and benefits are great, including health benefits, paid volunteer time, travel opportunities, and more. It's a casual environment with the freedom to wear jeans, make a call or step out of the office if needed. If you work for the right supervisor, there are great opportunities for advancement (but work for the wrong supervisor and you'll go nowhere, no matter what).

Cons

Collette has a great vision of transparency and opportunity but unfortunately it hasn't filtered down to many managers and supervisors, who treat employees unfairly and don't allow them to reach their full potential. Salaries don't seem evenly distributed and there's always an excuse for why you're not getting a raise, even when the company profits are high. Employee referral program needs to be looked at. Fams are not guaranteed even though they're a selling point for recruiting.

Advice to Management

Give employees the opportunity to review managers and learn where and why employees are disgruntled and leave.

Employee referrals are encouraged, so please follow up with employees' friends and relatives after they apply for a job. At least get back to them when they apply, and after they come in for multiple interviews, let them know if they're not getting the job, and why, instead of leaving them hanging for weeks (true story).

Revamp the fam policy because it's a major reason why many people work here and it's not possible for everyone to get on a fam every year, which is a real disappointment.

"Sales Associate"

I worked at Collette part-time

Pros

Fun and easy to do while school is in session!

Cons

harsh boss, expects a lot from you with little motivation.

Advice to Management

stop micromanaging, I believe that would help you!

8. "Great Small Company"

Former Employee - Marketing Coordinator in Pawtucket, RI
    Former Employee - Marketing Coordinator in Pawtucket, RI

I worked at Collette (More than a year)

Pros

Collette was a close-knit, small company where employees all know each other. The environment is very welcoming, not very stressful, and it's a great company to begin your career. They uphold strong company values.

Cons

Lack of growth opportunities, not much focus on employee development.

"Use to be awesome place to work but times changed over the years.."

Former Employee - IT Department in Pawtucket, RI
    Former Employee - IT Department in Pawtucket, RI

I worked at Collette full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

When I first started at Collette I really loved my Job for the following reasons

- Travel Perks (FAM Tours)
    - Work with Great People (lots of awesome people there still)
    - Nice vacation time
    - Felt like a person not a number (beginning years)

Cons

Over the years times changed..

-Got more Corporate feel now
    -Some management can be horrible
    -Working over 75 hours a week at times and could not get management for extra help
    -High turn over (never was like that when I first started)
    -Promised higher pay never got it
    -Way under paid for the position I was in and the hours I was putting in

Advice to Management

Collette use to be an awesome place to work and I loved my job, however over the years times changed and felt less like a person there and more like a number. My work life balance during my later years was tough when systems got bigger but no extra staff to help. I was promised higher pay for the hours I was putting in and had HR involved but nothing ever came of it.. Management was horrible in some places and I was not a fan with some of the new ones that came in... The Sullivan family is very nice and I do like the CEO but not sure what happened in later years.. it seemed like he lost control of certain parts of the companyr. Favoritism was another issue also with certain management with employees. The CFO and Vice President of the company is very nice and loved talking/helping them with technology.

"Product"

I have been working at Collette full-time

Pros

The benefits and people are great

Cons

The salaries are low compared to other industries