Collette Reviews | Glassdoor

Collette President Daniel Sullivan Jr
Daniel Sullivan Jr

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • lack of personal growth opportunities, family run business (in 4 reviews)

• It is a family owned company which touts itself as a family friendly company, however, that is not entirely the case (in 3 reviews)

1. "Company goes the Extra Mile"

I have been working at Collette full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Collette employees operate as a team. When you have questions or need assistance, you will get answers and help. The company is open about its financials and goals. Management is approachable.
    The company cares about their employees and the community, allowing paid volunteer hours. Some departments have flexibility to allow remote work. Travel benefits are frequent and do not use paid time off.

Cons

Salaries are not high. Some valuable employees were let go due to strategic realignment instead of transitioned into a new role. Parking is scarce.

Advice to Management

Continue to ensure that new hires understand the company culture.

2. "Not perfect, but I still love my job for the company culture and benefits"

Current Employee - Anonymous in Pawtucket, RI
    Current Employee - Anonymous in Pawtucket, RI

I have been working at Collette full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

The perks and benefits are great, including health benefits, paid volunteer time, travel opportunities, and more. It's a casual environment with the freedom to wear jeans, make a call or step out of the office if needed. If you work for the right supervisor, there are great opportunities for advancement (but work for the wrong supervisor and you'll go nowhere, no matter what).

Cons

Collette has a great vision of transparency and opportunity but unfortunately it hasn't filtered down to many managers and supervisors, who treat employees unfairly and don't allow them to reach their full potential. Salaries don't seem evenly distributed and there's always an excuse for why you're not getting a raise, even when the company profits are high. Employee referral program needs to be looked at. Fams are not guaranteed even though they're a selling point for recruiting.

Advice to Management

Give employees the opportunity to review managers and learn where and why employees are disgruntled and leave.

Employee referrals are encouraged, so please follow up with employees' friends and relatives after they apply for a job. At least get back to them when they apply, and after they come in for multiple interviews, let them know if they're not getting the job, and why, instead of leaving them hanging for weeks (true story).

Revamp the fam policy because it's a major reason why many people work here and it's not possible for everyone to get on a fam every year, which is a real disappointment.

3. "Sales Associate"

I worked at Collette part-time

Pros

Fun and easy to do while school is in session!

Cons

harsh boss, expects a lot from you with little motivation.

Advice to Management

stop micromanaging, I believe that would help you!

4. "Use to be awesome place to work but times changed over the years.."

Former Employee - IT Department in Pawtucket, RI
    Former Employee - IT Department in Pawtucket, RI

I worked at Collette full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

When I first started at Collette I really loved my Job for the following reasons

- Travel Perks (FAM Tours)
    - Work with Great People (lots of awesome people there still)
    - Nice vacation time
    - Felt like a person not a number (beginning years)

Cons

Over the years times changed..

-Got more Corporate feel now
    -Some management can be horrible
    -Working over 75 hours a week at times and could not get management for extra help
    -High turn over (never was like that when I first started)
    -Promised higher pay never got it
    -Way under paid for the position I was in and the hours I was putting in

Advice to Management

Collette use to be an awesome place to work and I loved my job, however over the years times changed and felt less like a person there and more like a number. My work life balance during my later years was tough when systems got bigger but no extra staff to help. I was promised higher pay for the hours I was putting in and had HR involved but nothing ever came of it.. Management was horrible in some places and I was not a fan with some of the new ones that came in... The Sullivan family is very nice and I do like the CEO but not sure what happened in later years.. it seemed like he lost control of certain parts of the companyr. Favoritism was another issue also with certain management with employees. The CFO and Vice President of the company is very nice and loved talking/helping them with technology.

5. "Great Small Company"

Former Employee - Marketing Coordinator in Pawtucket, RI
    Former Employee - Marketing Coordinator in Pawtucket, RI

I worked at Collette (More than a year)

Pros

Collette was a close-knit, small company where employees all know each other. The environment is very welcoming, not very stressful, and it's a great company to begin your career. They uphold strong company values.

Cons

Lack of growth opportunities, not much focus on employee development.

6. "Product"

I have been working at Collette full-time

Pros

The benefits and people are great

Cons

The salaries are low compared to other industries

"Sr. Graphic Designer"

Current Employee - Senior Graphic Designer in Pawtucket, RI
    Current Employee - Senior Graphic Designer in Pawtucket, RI

I have been working at Collette full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

There is often a disconnect between a company's mission and values statement and their actions, but at Collette, the company's actions are completely aligned with their core values, Collette "walks the walk".

Cons

The parking is a challenge, the parking lot is not big enough for all employees.

8. "Sales"

Former Employee - District Sales Manager
    Former Employee - District Sales Manager

I worked at Collette full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Excellent training and leadership
    High income

Cons

Micro management.
    Goals are always increased

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work

"Great Place, People, but not Pay"

I have been working at Collette full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I absolutely love working here! The people are genuine and down to earth like the company. Collette gives back in so many ways and I'm proud to be a part of that.

Cons

There are only 2 things that need improvement...Salary/pay and technology resources (computers/laptops).

Seeing as this is company so well off and successful....it obvious that doesn't reflect in the salaries/pay of its employees or the quality of technology resources such as laptops and monitors. This is the only area that needs improvement.

Advice to Management

Since we have such a strong financial position and a successful year, can we please see a reflection of that in pay? Can we also please see updated laptops that don't weigh 10 lbs. ? Thanks!!

10. "Human Resources - New Hire"

I have been working at Collette full-time

Pros

I have yet to start but the Human Resources department is incredible! Jennifer Astin and Danielle Johnston were, kind, professional and timely.

Cons

There are no cons to their HR department.