Colonial Williamsburg Foundation Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Colonial Williamsburg Foundation Interview Questions

Updated May 25, 2017

2.8

Sales Interpreter Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Colonial Williamsburg Foundation.

Interview

Came in for a short interview with the manager of the store- he asked me some questions about past sales experience, standard things- I heard back a few days later

Orientation Interpreter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chesapeake, VA

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Colonial Williamsburg Foundation (Chesapeake, VA).

Interview

I applied online and a week later I got an email about an interview. Two people interviewed me. It was a short interview, but I had to do a roll play that was difficult as well as a short impromptu speech as if I were in the 18th century.
    A week later, I got a call and they wanted me to come in for some reason. I got hired then, and had to do a drug test along with fill out all the legal papers.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate. Sometimes, the job will offer housing, but that needs to be discussed at the interview.

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Colonial Williamsburg Foundation.

Interview

I applied online and then got an email about an interview. I interviewed with two managers in the department. They asked me a variety of questions, had me role play different situations i could deal with and had me do an interpretation based on an object. They were friendly and easy to talk to.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you did not get along with a coworker and how did you handle it   Answer Question

Hotels Service Worker A Interview

Anonymous Employee in Williamsburg, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Colonial Williamsburg Foundation (Williamsburg, VA) in September 2015.

Interview

Applied online and was contacted in a week. Interview was quick and to the point. Had to take a mechanical/electrical/American History aptitude test which was very easy. Was hired within 3 days.

Interview Questions

• I was asked if I repair things around my home (appliances,plumbing,electrical etc) or if I called a technician.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiations took place.

Orientation Interpreter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Williamsburg, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Colonial Williamsburg Foundation (Williamsburg, VA) in April 2015.

Interview

Took a couple of weeks from the time I applied to the time I accepted the job. First you do the normal interview, then if they like you, you go back and get a drug test and do the legal work.

Guest Service Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Williamsburg, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Colonial Williamsburg Foundation (Williamsburg, VA) in October 2014.

Interview

you get interview several times before you get the job, you need to know what you are applying for, you have to meet the GM or the vice president of your organization.

Interview Questions

• describe your management style   1 Answer

Guest Services Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Colonial Williamsburg Foundation.

Interview

Was applying with the Williamsburg Lodge. Had an interview with both the Front Office Manager and the Restaurant Manager. It was very cut in dry, they both had the same list of questions to ask me and they just hopped around to asking them. Wasn't too long or harsh, they asked me a lot of behavioral questions as well as questions about my future aspirations. Almost feel as though they were trying to see if I was just trying to add the position to my resume or if I planned on being with the company for the long run.

Interview Questions

• How different would you treat a low performer vs. a high performing employee?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Colonial Williamsburg Foundation.

Interview

The online application is very cumbersome, as it requires a resume upload and manually inputting the same information. However, after that, the response times were very quick, and responses were very clear.

Application

Interview

Called me in for an interview in about a week, asked me some basic customer service questions. This is an Acting position, so I was asked to give my responses to some specific situations. They asked me to put together a short improv speech with a couple of props.

Interview Questions

• The improv section. It was unexpected and I felt put on the spot. But it went fine.   Answer Question

Production Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Williamsburg, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Colonial Williamsburg Foundation (Williamsburg, VA) in October 2013.

Interview

Great process. Discrete initial communication. Thorough but comfortable interview. No crazy theme questions. Just conversation pertinent to duties. Allowed time for my questions. Quick follow-up with hire information. Very clear about wages/benefits. Excellent orientation.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I suspect I may have been able to negotiate a bit, but honestly was so pleased with the offered salary I did not.