Columbus State Community College Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Columbus State Community College Interview Questions

Updated Mar 28, 2017

2.4

Bookstore Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Columbus State Community College.

Interview

Very relaxed, nice people that helped you understand what you would be doing. It was a temp job so it was great for me and my schedule. I would recommend if you need something convenient.

Learning Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Columbus State Community College (Columbus, OH).

Interview

After applying online and almost forgetting about my application, I received an email to come in for an interview. I went in, had my interview, and was told I'd hear back in a few days. Got a phone call a few days later that they wanted to hire me and to fill out all the paperwork including getting drug tested. The whole process was quick and easy after the interview.

Peer Tutor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Columbus State Community College (Columbus, OH) in January 2015.

Interview

I had to complete a couple of interviews to finally land the position. The position I interviewed for was with CSCC's Computer Science Department so I first had to interview with the tutoring organizer. Next I had to interview with a member of the Computer Science Department to finally land the position. This has helped to prepare me for future interviews.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Columbus State Community College in October 2014.

Interview

Initially received a phone call from the secretary to set up a phone interview. The interview was with the Director of Basic Language Instruction and the director of Workforce Development, and lasted about an hour. The interviewers were very friendly, but spent a lot more time describing the office and the job, including some challenges with the GED program that sounded unpleasant, than asking questions about me.

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have working with international students?   Answer Question

IT Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Columbus State Community College (Columbus, OH).

Interview

The interview was for a Federal Work-Study Program job, working at the IT Help Desk. After applying for the job via the college's web site, I was contacted within a few days by a manager. I was able to set up an interview within the week. The interview was extremely informal, and I felt like I only needed to show a minimal amount of comfort with computers to get the job. I was offered the position at the end of the interview, and there was no negotiation of pay because of the Work-Study nature of the job.

Interview Questions

• There really weren't any difficult questions, and I really feel like anyone who can use computers comfortably would be qualified for the job.   Answer Question

Adjunct Faculty Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Columbus State Community College (Columbus, OH) in May 2013.

Interview

I applied on the website, and within several days, I was called in for an interview I did a brief teaching demo, followed by a discussion of expectations and a Q&A with several faculty. We discussed what I would be willing to teach, based on my experience, and what typical class assignments and expectations would be.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Columbus State Community College (Columbus, OH) in August 2012.

Interview

Very straight forward with no tricks

Advisor (Disability Services) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Columbus State Community College (Columbus, OH) in February 2012.

Interview

I submitted an application online and received a call from their receptionist for interview within two weeks. There was no pre-screening interview, I met with Director and Associate Director of the department. They were pleasant and professional. The interview process was comfortable. Focus was on self-motivation and job completion. A self-starter role to help students with disabilities to be successful in college.

Interview Questions

Chose a different opportunity.

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Columbus State Community College.

Interview

The interview process was great with the actual hiring manager, and director. The process with the HR Rep was somewhat painful however. She was not very thorough, was slow to respond, lacked information, etc.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I negotiated one time and they did meet me half way.

IT A/V Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Columbus State Community College in January 2010.

Interview

Filled out all information so they could be a background and reference check. Then went in for a one on one interview and was asked questions about computer/A/V knowledge and background. Am still waiting for a response, which I understand is slow. It seems HR is more the problem than whomever you are interviewing with.