Combined Insurance Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 29, 2018

2.1

Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Glenview, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Combined Insurance (Glenview, IL) in March 2011.

Interview

In a room with 3 other people was desperate and took the job. The others left halfway through the presentation. Very unprofessional and did not really explain the position and now realize was lied to.

Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Combined Insurance (Raleigh, NC) in August 2016.

Interview

Group overview, followed by one-on-one interview, a day in the field seeing opportunity first-hand prior to committing. Very thorough process giving a lot of insight and transparency into expectations and steps moving forward

Interview Questions

• Where do I see myself in 1, 3, and 5 years   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glenview, IL

Interview

I kind of gave up on this process after the interview in person. Initially I was called by a recruiter who tried to convince me that a salary well below my expectations was okay. It was fine at the top end of her range but she pressured me to go lower.

In person was okay with the VP of the department. The person he brought in to do a BDI read from a paper. I didn't like that because she wasn't engaged. If I was going to be interacting with her j wanted a feel for her personality. So that was terrible and a big no for me.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Meridian, ID

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Combined Insurance (Meridian, ID) in August 2014.

Interview

To sum it up, what a joke! A regional recruiter contacted me and set up an interview. The following day the date of the interview was changed. Then later in the day it was changed again. I went to my interview and it seemed more like the regional guy trying to convince me to work there instead of a real interview. He then offered to take me on a ride along so that I could get a feel for how they sell. He chose the time and I rearranged my schedule to accommodate him. 20 minutes before my ride along was scheduled, as I was pulling out of my driveway, the manager called and said that he needed to reschedule the ride along because he needed to meet with his manager. I hesitantly agreed and waited a few days more. So then I show up at the office at the scheduled time and NO ONE WAS THERE! The office was locked and the lights were off. I try calling the guy and he didn't answer. I email him on my phone, no reply. I wait for 25 minutes or so and then leave. I then tried to call the regional recruiter who was in a meeting, he calls me back and tells me that the manager that I was supposed to meet with says that he was there the whole time and that I never showed up. He then relays that he believes my story as similar issues have arisen at this particular office. A few hours after this call I receive an email from the manager (who claimed that he was there the whole time) apologizing for not being there (which he told corporate that he was) asking to reschedule for the fourth time in 2 interview/meetings. I declined. Do not apply to this company. It is a farce, they lack organization and professionalism at a local level and jerk you around with no regard to your time or effort.

Interview Questions

• No questions were asked. It was more like they were recruiting and begging me to work for them.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bedford, NH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Combined Insurance (Bedford, NH) in July 2014.

Interview

Started off as a group interview where the recruiter started talking about benefits and pay before even individually interviewing us to see if we were qualified. After that, we had one on one "interviews" but it was more so him asking him what we thought about the presentation, if we had any questions about it or the job, and when we could start.

Beware though, you have to spend $200 on a software to study for your license to sell insurance and then they send you to Chicago to school to train before you can become an agent.

The recruiter did let me shadow an agent first to see what it was like in the field.

Interview Questions

• Questions were unrelated to skills necessary to do the job.   Answer Question

Interview was too easy, made them seem like they needed me more than I needed the job.

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Combined Insurance.

Interview

they take you on a filed appointments before accepting the job. tell you everything they want you to hear. but they don't mention all the wrong things that are going on with in the copany.

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Combined Insurance (Phoenix, AZ) in February 2014.

Interview

Initial interview not very in depth, but the sales school was very good and intense. The company pays all expenses to send you to their corporate sales school in Glenville, IL.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Commission only

Anonymous Employee in Newark, DE

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Combined Insurance (Newark, DE) in October 2015.

Interview

Nice recruiter through the internet I interviewed with the recruiter over the phone she told me all the pros and cons and that there will be a week in Chicago requirement for training and after I pass the field interview with the territory manager will take it from there

Interview Questions

• That there is base pay for only 2 weeks and after that Commission how do I feel about that   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was really no negotiation phase I was told that there will be a two week pay base pay and after that strictly 100% commission and I say well let's give it a try

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Combined Insurance (Dallas, TX) in February 2015.

Interview

Good experience and was told exactly what I had to do to join combined, they did keep all of their promises in regards to pay and bonuses. They helped me pay for insurance school and overall a very positive experience. It is a very positive company to work for.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in insurance?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Combined Insurance (Boston, MA) in March 2014.

Interview

They will hire anyone because they use you to build leads. They ask if you have any experience which is pointless because they will hire anyone to make money of your leads family friends and people you convinced need this. They know you will not make a living at this and will eventually be able to steal your accounts for themselves.

Interview Questions

• Are you self motivated. Meaning will you get out of bed and go door to door begging people to buy insurance.   Answer Question