Combined Insurance Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Combined Insurance Interview Questions

Updated May 15, 2017

2.0

Insurance Agent Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Combined Insurance.

Interview

2 -3 rounds of very easy interviews. They are very good at getting you excited for the position. I had some concerns in which they convinced me to take the job.

Recruiter Interview

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Combined Insurance.

Interview

Got a message on LinkedIn that he wanted to speak with me regarding my resume. Set up phone interview and waited for him to call. He called about five min late, no big deal but told me to "hang on a minute" while he spoke with someone else in the room. A little weird.. Okay. Started off normal enough, told me what they did and what they were looking for. Said it was very high volume, they want 2 sales people a week to be hired. After that he didn't ask me what I did previously, just asked me what I was looking for. When I told him he preceeded to ask me very obscure questions and when I asked for clarification on what he meant he didn't give me any. After that he said he would let me know. I let him know I was no longer interested. Seemed to me like a boys club and not an environment I would want to be a part of.

Interview Questions

• What do you have to offer?   1 Answer
    • Do you have insurance experience?   1 Answer

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glenview, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Combined Insurance (Glenview, IL) in March 2017.

Interview

First had a phone screen. Then an in person interview. Waited two weeks but never heard back. Had to reach out for a status update. Feedback received was confusing. Everything was great. You have excellent skills but we do not want to extend an offer.

Vice President Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wichita, KS

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Combined Insurance (Wichita, KS) in March 2017.

Interview

Was formal but engaging. I felt like the interviewer followed an appropriate logical format. It was a longer process but you got to meet many current leaders of the company.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you got a team to do something they didn't want to do.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Combined Insurance (Chicago, IL).

Interview

I interviewed with HR and the Hiring Manager onsite during one visit. The HR interview was lengthy as I had many questions on the company and the Recruiter took the time to answer these questions and talk about her own experiences at the company.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in working for Combined Insurance?   Answer Question

Senior Business Intelligence Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glenview, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Combined Insurance (Glenview, IL) in January 2017.

Interview

I never actually made the interview. The schedule was set with five people in four 30 minute sessions who would have a series of scripted questions. I expressed concern that scheduling that tight, I wouldn't have enough opportunity to ask what I need to know about the job, company, expectations, platforms, etc. HR lady first called and said "we like people who can think on their feet" and nonsense like that. My concern isn't thinking on my feet...it's you monopolizing the interview and me not learning what I need to know. But as long as I get an opportunity to address all my questions at some point later, I'm ok.

HR lady called again and was a little hostile..."I was thinking about our conversation yesterday and perhaps you shouldn't interview. I understand your concerns but that isn't the way we do things". Wow...I guess you're right. If you're not going to give me a chance to explore what I need to know about a job I'm pretty sure I don't want to work there. Thanks for saving me from making a huge mistake.

Translation and Copywriter Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Combined Insurance in January 2017.

Interview

The first interview was a phone call, conducted by the HR person. I was asked to translate a document with a third party they work with, which was a test to get to the second interview. For the second interview I visited their offices in Glenview and was interviewed by three different people that I was going to work with: an employee from the marketing team and two for internal content. It was a nice interview, very chatty and I didn´t feel like I was being interrogated. They were very warm and nice.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at combined?
      How much experience do you have translating policy content?
      Tell me about yourself.
      Answer Question

Counsel Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glenview, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Combined Insurance (Glenview, IL) in December 2016.

Interview

super casual, the interviewers described the company and the new changes they were experiening. There were not a lot of questions about my work experience - more culture fit and casual feeling.

Actuarial Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Combined Insurance.

Interview

First, I had a phone interview with one person. He followed up with my recruiter to bring me in for an in-person interview. During that time, I met with 4 people for one-on-one conversation/questions, and then I had lunch with 2 additional associates. In total, it was about 5-6 hours. The phone interview was a little less than an hour, and the in-person interview was about 4-5 hours.

Interview Questions

• They asked about past work experiences that were relevant to position I was interviewing for   1 Answer

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Greensboro, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Combined Insurance (Greensboro, NC) in October 2016.

Interview

The interview process was very good and very professional.
    The discussion process was very strong and very impressive.
    It was NOT a very intense process. Many of my initial questions were answered and were answered without hesitation or reservation.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

N/A