Combined Insurance Reviews | Glassdoor

Combined Insurance President Kevin Goulding
Kevin Goulding

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • very old fashioned company - train you mainly to do door to door (in 33 reviews)

• Long hours in the beginning, but worth it to establish my career (in 27 reviews)

1. "Happy and Healthy"

Current Employee - Combined Agent in Williamsport, PA
    Current Employee - Combined Agent in Williamsport, PA

I have been working at Combined Insurance full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great Company with comprehensive benefit package along with all time record income year quarter after quarter. The trips we offer to qualifying personnel are 5 star and second to none. I have enjoyed Cancun, Mexico , Costa Rica, and now onto Panama all on the company's dime. Helping others on top of all the perks, is very fulfilling and really makes this career full circle when it comes to working for such a large company.

Cons

If your not willing to give it 110% this isn't the career for you. Hardwork forever pays. Reaching your goals sometimes take you past the regular 9-5 position. I'm a hardworking person so not really any cons.

Advice to Management

Thanks for all the support!

2. "strong personality and be a people person"

Current Employee - Sales Consultant in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Sales Consultant in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Combined Insurance full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

really good training , paid training

Cons

if you don't know how to make ur own money without guidanceyou can go broke. in this kind of job you need a full time motivation and you can make good money. the base here is canvassing and talk to everyone if you don't work don't expect to earn a lot . if you aren't a people person don't even bother. and the other thing is the chargebacks it doesn't matter if the person has 8 months with a policy if they diced to cancel they take ur money back unless the person has 9 month in the books. the usual.

Advice to Management

I believe this is the only company that offers a really good training they pay u all and sent you to Chicago they teach you how to sell property , if you just got ur insurance license this is the company to go with they teach u and help you the best they can giving you the leads and amazing training.

"IT Manager"

Former Employee - IT Manager in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - IT Manager in Chicago, IL

I worked at Combined Insurance full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Work load is balanced, well layed IT processes. Good working environment, Team spirit. Motivation.

Cons

Remote Flexibility is tough , 401k match only up to 3 %, No Pension plan. Health Insurance are expensive and not so great. Career growth.

Feb 13, 2018 – Social Media Manager

Thank you for taking the time to leave this positive review! We strive to have a corporate culture that is both family-like and fast paced, so it’s great to hear that you enjoyed a “good working... More

4. "Great Opportunity"

Current Employee - Marketing Director in Altoona, PA
    Current Employee - Marketing Director in Altoona, PA

I have been working at Combined Insurance full-time

Pros

I was hired with Combined Insurance in 1995 as a agent with no experience in the insurance industry. I have now been employed with Combined Insurance for 22 years. Combined Insurance provided excellent training and a successfull selling system that allowed me to double my income the first year and earn more than I have with all previous employments. I was promoted to a sales manager position in my first 8 months. From there my career grew to District Management, regional management and divisional management. The opportunity has been life changing providing a fullfilling advancing career and has been a blessing financially to my family. I also have enjoyed the perks of outstanding company trips all over the world!

Cons

This is an opportunity that is only for people that are motivated to win, willing to work hard and stay committed. If thats a con?

Advice to Management

Continue to make everyone aware of this winning career!

5. "Excellent Company"

Current Employee - District Manager in State College, PA
    Current Employee - District Manager in State College, PA

I have been working at Combined Insurance full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Excellent training helps you reach your goals. It’s a professional position to really help people at bad time in their life. The company really seems to care about their employees. They provide great opportunity through hard work to achieve very nice incentive trips and competitive compensation in addition to excellent benefits.

Cons

I am a hard worker so there are no cons for me

Advice to Management

None

6. "employee"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Allentown, PA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Allentown, PA

I have been working at Combined Insurance full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Vary strong stable company with a long history of providing quality service to its customers and its employees. Offers very competitive wages and an exceptional bonus program. This is a W2 position verses a 1099 which means benefits, 401k and employee stock purchase plan. At its core Combined Insurance is an ethical organization that provides the true essence of promotions based on merit. How far , how fast and how high an individual wants to go is based striclty on qualifications and performance.

Cons

This career is not for the faint of heart. It requires hard work and dedication

Advice to Management

Continue to provide positive leadership to the organization and stay on the cutting edge of benefits offered to clients

Feb 13, 2018 – Social Media Manager

Thank you for taking the time to leave this positive review! As a current employee, we especially appreciate hearing what you have to say. As you mentioned, Combined Insurance has a tradition of... More

"Insurance agent"

Current Employee - Insurance Agent in Marietta, OH
    Current Employee - Insurance Agent in Marietta, OH

I have been working at Combined Insurance full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Very supportive coworkers and management. They will help you through every process imaginable. If you have a goal and you don’t know how to reach it they will help you the entire way through until you meet that goal. I have never worked with such an amazing company that understands we are people not just workers.

Cons

Long hours in the beginning until you get the process under your belt, but even that pays off in the long run.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you’re doing, I love how supportive all of you are. It really changes people’s outlooks on the job.

Feb 9, 2018 – Social Media Manager

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave this positive, thoughtful review. As a current employee, we especially appreciate hearing from you. You have described a team environment that we are... More

"Combined Insurance"

I worked at Combined Insurance full-time

Pros

Thorough training, good income stream if you're willing to hustle.

Cons

I was told that this was a W-2 position, but come to find out that you don't reach that status until you make it to the managerial level. They weren't clear on this. I assumed you came on board as a W-2, but no. You come on board as a commission-only sales agent until you reach the management level.

Advice to Management

Be clearer about what you're offering.

9. "Insurance Agent"

Current Employee - Insurance Agent in Cincinnati, OH
    Current Employee - Insurance Agent in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Combined Insurance full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

From the start they provide you the tools needed for success. Paid training and a system that is proven success. Active real training designed to help you achieve the success you want.

Cons

To succeed you will need to put in the hours needed to achieve.

Feb 9, 2018 – Social Media Manager

Thank you for taking the time to leave this positive review! As a current employee, we are especially happy to hear from you. Our training department works hard to make sure agents are ready for... More

10. "Great Company"

I have been working at Combined Insurance full-time

Pros

Really treat their employees and clients! Great policies that are affordable.

Cons

None that I can think of

Feb 8, 2018 – Social Media Manager

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave this positive review! We wish you all the best in your future here with us!