Command Alkon Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 28, 2016

2.6

Regional Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Command Alkon (Dublin, OH) in November 2016.

Interview

The first phone interview I thought went very well and ended on a good note. I waited for two weeks and received a second phone interview and the interviewer sounded as though I was well on may way to landing the job. However, after one more week, I was notified by email that they decided to go in a different direction.

Programmer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, AL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Command Alkon (Birmingham, AL) in March 2016.

Interview

I got in contact with the recruiter that came to my university career fair before meeting him. We spoke a bit and when I met him in person, he got a better chance to interact with me and I got a good feeling about the company from how highly he spoke of it. Command Alkon took an interest in bringing me in to interview when I was close to graduation, this spring actually. The career fair was in early February, and there was a next day interview.

My on site interview was set for early March. The interview was me sitting down with the recruiter, 5 development managers, and the VP of development and going over my resume, my experiences with projects and with group work, and what I wanted out of my career.

After those conversations in the interview, there was a three question test in which I was given 20 minutes to solve what I could in psuedocode (functional code could be used but wasn't necessary).

After the 20 minutes were up, they all came back in and had me go through my answers on a whiteboard and explain my reasoning. They liked to see that I was still thinking of how to improve the code that I had come up with as I was explaining it.

After that, I was taken on a tour of the office and sent on my way. I received an offer within a week.

Interview Questions

• How would you determine if a number is even or odd programmatically?   1 Answer

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Command Alkon.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter in HR. We talked on the phone to get basic background information and to forward on a copy of my resume to them. Within one to two days, an interview was set up. The in-person interview was with two senior individuals and lasted about an hour.

Interview Questions

• The questions were more big-picture stuff rather than Q&A stuff like "What is the big-O for linked lists". The questions were more about finding out further information regarding your experience with X language, design patterns, and scrum.   Answer Question

Programmer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, AL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Command Alkon (Birmingham, AL) in October 2013.

Interview

I met them at the university career fair, had an interview there the next day, a month or so later I was called back for an on-site interview. They have you take a programming test of very specific questions of languages they don't use, which they expect you to fail (everyone does). They also have you answer two of three abstract programming questions, as well as talking to a few managers and team leads.

Interview Questions

• How would you reverse the letters in each word of a sentence, keeping the order of the words the same. (Computer programming string)   1 Answer

Negotiation

I did not negotiate. Another person hired after me who was offered a lower salary and starting bonus (because they had lesser grades) did negotiate up to about what I was offered.

Batch Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Command Alkon (Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)) in June 2013.

Interview

Verbal interview with previous experience. Takes couple of weeks to be contacted by the HR to briefly explain about salary and company benefit.
    Candidates need to be ready to be away from family as the training will be conducted in the USA for at least 2 months. There is a background check as well.

Interview Questions

• Are you ready to be away from family?   1 Answer