Commercial Energy Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Commercial Energy

2.9

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Commercial Energy (Oakland, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

Very straight forward. Got to meet the President of the company in the first meeting. Took a couple tests and discussed my personal and professional background. They explained how the company worked and where I would fit hired

Sales Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Commercial Energy (Oakland, CA) in October 2017.

Interview

First interview was a phone screening with their HR Director. After that I'd taken a test for basic analytical and math skills assessment. As they were satisfied with the results, I was invited onsite where I was interviewed by the executives of the company. They asked me about my background and given me two more tests. After this interview I got no response from the company. I was informed that the position was filled only after I inquired about that. I was very disappointed that they didn't inform me, after all I invested my time in their interviews and tests, and they could spend a minute to send me an e-mail.

Interview Questions

• Most questions were about my background, they also like tests   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Commercial Energy (Oakland, CA) in August 2017.

Interview

The process was rigorous for sure. I had an initial screen with the recruiter, an awesome lady who seems passionate about the company. She then sent me one of those online timed tests that check for basic aptitudes - honestly I always kind of find those things fun. Once I passed that, they brought me into the office for a two hour sit down with HR and the president of the company, Curry. The product is pretty complex so getting more clarity and the opportunity to ask questions was awesome. Curry is a great guy and Helen, the recruiter, made me feel really comfortable. There, I took a few more tests - one that seemed designed to test performance under stress and another personality test. The personality test was actually really cool and told me a lot about my strengths and weaknesses that I'm trying to apply to my work life. I came back in for a second interview where we did one more test and I again talked with Curry and the head of sales. Then, an offer! Honestly, the process was a bit grueling, but its clear that they're invested in finding the best people and keeping them.

Interview Questions

• Can you give an example of a time you improved a process?   Answer Question

Sales Support Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Commercial Energy (Oakland, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

Multiple personality tests, an Excel test, and multiple skills assessment tests. I had a unique experience, because I was brought in on a temporary contract with NO interview. After about a month of full time work, I was taken through a partial interview process. I believe, from watching other people (mostly salespeople, so not quite my role) that the interview process is very involved. As in, multiple face-to-face interviews, that go on for multiple hours. The testing stuff just takes 2-3 hours, tops, and that's all that I needed to do to get hired. Not as a "Sales Support Analyst", but I basically do everything in that role, just a different title.

Interview Questions

• They're very keyed in on the psychological assessments. Some of the information that I was able to glean second-hand was that they expect a high level of knowledge about the company.   1 Answer

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Commercial Energy (Oakland, CA) in February 2013.

Interview

Ron Perry hired me directly. I interviewed twice with him. Long interviews. Ron asked very detailed questions. He wants to know if you can do the job perfectly if he pays you top $. Ron can be tough but he was very friendly and fair during the interview.

Interview Questions

• I had to make a presentation to the management team. Besides that, the questions Ron Perry asked where technical and very pertinent. Ron won't waste your time with BS questions. Each one of his questions has a purpose. My job was very specific and the questions wouldn't be helpful in preparing the reader.   1 Answer

Account Man Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Commercial Energy (Oakland, CA) in August 2017.

Interview

Two phone screens, two simple aptitude tests, and 3 in person interviews. All this for a very straightforward position which turned out to be in a completely different industry. They'll tell you that you'll do "energy efficiency" consulting, but what you're actually doing is just selling natural gas. It's a VAST majority of their revenue, just ask.

Interview Questions

• How do you identify the appropriate stakeholder for energy management solutions at an organization?   Answer Question

Billing Specialist - Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Commercial Energy (Oakland, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

Overall, my interview experience at CE was very positive. The process began with a phone screening that included the typical review of background and skills. The HR rep I spoke with was very personable, accommodating, and prompt throughout the few weeks that I spoke with her.

Following the phone interview I had two in-person interviews including panel interviews and one-on-ones made up of the primary decision makers for this position. I have nothing negative to share about any of them (no rude comments, appropriate Q&A facilitation, and generous allotment for my interview session). Although interviewing is stressful in any situation, the individuals were not intimidating and were genuinely interested in receiving answers to the questions they had about my personal background.

Interview Questions

• In addition to the professional background questions, CE was very interested in learning about my personal development and upbringing. The rationale I was given supporting these personal questions was that the company hires based on ambition and although they are hiring to fill a specific role, your personal/professional development is important to them and they are looking for certain personality types. To me this was a positive aspect.   Answer Question