Community Research Foundation Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 1, 2017

2.4

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Community Research Foundation (San Diego, CA) in November 2017.

Interview

My first interview was with the office manager and the director of housing. The interview was straight forward and casual. About two days after the interview, I called for a second interview with the program director. The second interview I was asked similar questions in my last interview. It was more for the program director and her assistant to get to know me for themselves. Overall, it wasn't a stressful process. I interviewed them and asked a TON of questions as well. They were not only receptive, but they also were impressed that I did my research on their company beforehand. All the best to you!

Interview Questions

• -What are one of your strengths/weaknesses?
      -How do you manage your time with projects?
      -Why do you want to work here?
      -Tell me about a time that you got into a conflict with a manager, co-worker, or angry client. How did you respond?
      -How comfortable are you working with the mentally ill and homeless community?   1 Answer

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Community Research Foundation (San Diego, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

I had a phone screen with the HR Manager and then an onsite meeting with her, another Recruiter and the VP of HR. Pretty much average interview questions about my experiences. Did seem very thoughtful or sophisticated. Manager was better than average keeping me in the loop about my status.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had a conflict with your supervisor. To me, this question was a red flag making me think there would be a lot of conflict in the environment.   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Community Research Foundation.

Interview

First I was asked to participate in a phone interview, then subsequently an interview in person. Interviewer was nice and asked questions similar to the phone interview. Questions were specific to the work and clients in the program, as well as the specific skills needed for the job. I was asked to complete a vignette following interview.

Psychosocial Rehabilitation Counselor Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Community Research Foundation (San Diego, CA) in December 2014.

Interview

A phone interview, followed by 2 in-person interviews. I submitted my resume and cover letter online, and was contacted within a few days. The whole process was friendly and almost casual. Glassdoor has a fifty word minimum, but the process doesn't require that much description. There was nothing out of the ordinary from interviewing for any other position.

Interview Questions

• What is one thing that you feel you need to work on?   1 Answer

Negotiation

N/A

Case Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Community Research Foundation in January 2013.

Interview

The detailed job description is posted on the company's employment website, so the applicant has a very clear idea of the job she is applying for. Salary was not mentioned in the description, but I was offered a pay rate right at the median for the job title and my experience level. In my experience, the hiring process took about 10 weeks. From the day I submitted my resume to the first interview with the associate director was about 20 days. I sent a thank you card and made one follow up phone call, but did not hear anything for another 30 days. Then, just as I had accepted a less-desirable job with one of their competitors, I was called back for a second interview with the program director. About a week after that I was offered the job. My start date was scheduled for 2 weeks after that. I wore slacks and a tie and was slightly overdressed; the office is "business casual" meaning employees sometimes wear jeans or polo shirts. I think workers at headquarters have to be a little more dressed up, though.

Interview Questions

• "Think of a time when you did not handle a situation with a client well. What did you do, and what would you have done differently?"   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was offered exactly the amount I was expecting (the median 50% for the position). I chose not to negotiate the pay, even though I was slightly over qualified, and I had a higher offer with a smaller company. After 6 months in the position, I was promoted to a higher position and received a 23% raise. So it worked out for the best.