Commvault Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Commvault Interview Questions

Updated Jul 16, 2018

3.1

1. Featured Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Commvault in May 2017.

Interview

Was first contacted by recruiter. Met with the recruiter for a couple hours. He briefed me on the company, the position, and management philosophy. Then we talked about my background, current responsibilities, career objectives, etc.

It didn't feel like an interview at all...more like a conversation.

Recruiter recommended a face to face with the Commvault Interview team at their head quarters office. Company flew me in, had a car pick me up at the airport and arranged for a hotel room nearby.

Each person I interviewed with were A-Players, very focused and aligned on company objectives, inspirational, enjoyed working at the company...in technology working at the same company for more than 5 years is rare. At Commvault, there were many people that have worked there for 8+ years.

Interview Questions

• What is the one thing you don't like about product management?   1 Answer

Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tinton Falls, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Commvault (Tinton Falls, NJ) in February 2016.

Interview

The Legal Department was very friendly but based on the conversation it was clear I was over qualified. They were looking for a Paralegal and not a Senior Paralegal. It seems like a great company to work for though.

Interview Questions

• How I thought I would be a value to Commvault.   1 Answer

Java Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oceanport, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Commvault (Oceanport, NJ) in March 2013.

Interview

2 Telephonic Interviews. Onsite Interview after a test. Onsite interview has a code test 3-4 interviews.

The first onsite-interviewer was extremely rude. He was cutting me short, smiling when I answered wrong, was telling me I was wrong before I could finish writing some code. He left before his time was over. I had a feeling he was not interested in recruiting me, right from the beginning.

Most of the interviewers were asking Threading questions, which I initially claimed I had no experience in.

Interview Questions

• Have you memorized this answer? (I wanted to swear at him when he went out).   Answer Question

Java Web Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Commvault in February 2016.

Interview

I applied online. I received mail to enter 3 time slots. Interviewer has selected 1 from it. He scheduled interviewed time for 90 minutes of telephonic interview. On interview day, I received call, he ask me to join in Skype. He send me link and invite me in code collaboration. He write code in Java and javascript.Questions are related to will it execute, what will be the output.I just mentioned one error in java hashmap code, but there were more. In javascript question, I answered wrong output.Interview completed in 30 minutes. I did not get offer.

Interview Questions

• Java : There was hashmap code written with errors in it.
      Javascript : function is declared. It is called with window.functionName(), will it execute?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Commvault (New York, NY) in February 2014.

Interview

It was the first technical interview, and I and bunch of people had to solve some programming questions in a big room. We had 90 minutes to solve 3 algorithm questions. The questions are not that easy or not that hard. But you can use internet freely during the test.

Interview Questions

• The questions were related to data structure problems such as linked list, tree, etc. You code in a web browser, and it's tricky. It is basically just like using a memo pad.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gainesville, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Commvault (Gainesville, FL) in October 2013.

Interview

Commvault had visited our campus for the career fair. Some of us got a mail the same night to attend a programming challenge the next day at the University.
    There were three programs with 5,6,7 marks. They instructed us to solve any one first and then attempt the others.
    Question were : Convert a number to binary, Find if a loop exists in a Linked List. Can't recall the third one.
    It was a online compiler type interview. So you had to write, compile execute and pass their tests.

I then got a mail for a telephonic. The guy asked me just one question.
    char *a="something";
    Is this valid or invalid. Give reasons.
    Then what would
    strlen(a) return?

The next question was what is sizeof.

That's it. Simple basic stuff.

Interview Questions

• char *a="something"; Valid / Invalid.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edison, NJ

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Commvault (Edison, NJ) in February 2012.

Interview

Good interview..Good questions
    Make sure your basics are tight

Interview Questions

• Asked questions on memory allocation in C
      How can you dynamically allocate memory in stack as opposed to malloc which happens in heap ?

Which is faster between stack and heap   Answer Question
    • What is static key word why is it used ?   Answer Question
    • What is a hashmap, it's complecxity for lookup and what is the data structure inside a hashmap and concepts on chaining and collision   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Email from manager. Scheduled a phone interview. Had three telephonic with diff teams. Then got an email saying hiring has been stopped.

Interview Questions

• Was asked about js, IIS, datasets, some programming (send code later) directory structure design and traversal and sort two sorted arrays   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Commvault (San Jose, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

It was an online test with webcam and desktop sharing. It consisted of 5 programming questions, where I was asked to code certain methods for the problem described. I took a test in Java as the position was for a java developer. It was fully based on Java concepts like generic class, exceptions, multi-threading, linked list, arrays. All it needed was the thorough knowledge of java concepts and ability to understand the problem statement clearly in a short span.

Interview Questions

• For a given array of integers, calculate the largest rectangle of histogram.   Answer Question
    • Write a generic class to return the maximum value in an array.   1 Answer
    • Write a class for user defined exception.   1 Answer
    • Other two from multi-threading and linked list.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Commvault (New York, NY) in March 2016.

Interview

Quick call for availability. Good interview with a lot of questions ranging from basics of Java to debugging. The process was smooth and the result was given out within five days of the phone interview. Overall, a good experience taking a challenging interview with Commvault.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Commvault.

Interview

An online round followed by an onsite interview. The online round had basic coding questions that were evaluated on automated test cases. The 2nd round was a long coding question involving use of different algorithms and data structures.