Commvault Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Commvault Interview Questions

Updated Feb 20, 2017

3.2

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Commvault.

Interview

Received an email asking me to take an online test with a webcam watching. The test also spies on the contents of your computer (set up a dummy account). Testing is obviously outsourced to India. Spelling errors, bad grammar in the instructions, plus the test environment is very buggy. You get an hour, and I probably spent a third of that fighting with the test itself. Afterwards I never heard from anyone again. No email or phone call. Very unprofessional company.

Interview Questions

• Increment the characters in a string so that all characters are unique.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Commvault (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

First Round of the interview process. Took an online coding test with a group of other interviewers. We all brought out own laptops. The test was 45 minutes, 3 questions. No outside help was allowed and you are monitored at all times. Their coding environment had no syntax aids or autocomplete and because you could not look up language specific functions or syntaxes, the biggest challenge for me was trying to remember how to do specific things in code by memorization, something I have never done. The problems themselves were not difficult, but relying on memorization of coding syntax is necessary and not knowing them costs you dear time, something you do not have a lot of.

Interview Questions

• Q1. Check if string1 is a rotation of string2 and the degree of rotation
      Q2 Print out the values of a BST in CCW order, only printing the 'border' elements
      Q3 Given a budget N, and K gifts each with their own prices, select the max amount of gifts you can purchase
      1 Answer

Customer Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Commvault (New York, NY).

Interview

Good very it was not bad it was a great process i was ready for the interview I was a little nervous. But I felt ok enough to get through

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Commvault (New York, NY) in September 2016.

Interview

I had 3 coding rounds. The process also involved discussing on design problems and optimizations and discussion on my prior experience. The interview was time bound and I was constantly engaging with the engineer to project my thought process. There's minimal to none support in solving the problem. Attention to coding detail is really important. Having good knowledge in distributed systems and kernel space is a plus

Interview Questions

• How do you display the nodes of a binary tree in vertically aligned order   Answer Question

Entry Level Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Commvault (Jersey City, NJ) in September 2016.

Interview

I applied to CommVault through a referral. They got back to me quite soon and sent me an online programming quiz. It was hard to finish as there were too many questions and too little time.Also, i was not aware that i would not be able to go back to Part A after the timer was up. 60 marks of the test were assigned to the web programming quiz questions. Make sure to complete Part A on time.
    They haven't gotten back to me after i completed the test.

Interview Questions

• It was a 2 part test- Part A(20 min)- Web Development Related Questions in a quiz format. Code snippets were given and i was asked to correct it or identify the lines with mistakes.Topics were Jquery, Javascript etc.
      Part B(40 min
      ) - 3 programming questions to be coded in Javascript on Arrays,Object Oriented Principles.
      Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Commvault.

Interview

I was given the interview through an employee referral. I set up a phone interview. The questions on the interview were based on my resume and I was asked questions about differences between exe and dll files and how python dictionaries function. I was given a response within a week of the interview.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between .exe and .dll files?   1 Answer

Web Designer/Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Commvault.

Interview

I had a phone screen first. The recruiter asked about my experience and asked to rate my self on c#, javascript , SQL etc. He also asked about my achievements. Then I was asked to take another round of phone interview . The interviewer asked me to come to skype and then he sent a link where a pasted code snippets and asked me the outputs.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Commvault.

Interview

An online round followed by an onsite interview. The online round had basic coding questions that were evaluated on automated test cases. The 2nd round was a long coding question involving use of different algorithms and data structures.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Commvault (New York, NY) in March 2016.

Interview

Quick call for availability. Good interview with a lot of questions ranging from basics of Java to debugging. The process was smooth and the result was given out within five days of the phone interview. Overall, a good experience taking a challenging interview with Commvault.

Java Web Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Commvault in February 2016.

Interview

I applied online. I received mail to enter 3 time slots. Interviewer has selected 1 from it. He scheduled interviewed time for 90 minutes of telephonic interview. On interview day, I received call, he ask me to join in Skype. He send me link and invite me in code collaboration. He write code in Java and javascript.Questions are related to will it execute, what will be the output.I just mentioned one error in java hashmap code, but there were more. In javascript question, I answered wrong output.Interview completed in 30 minutes. I did not get offer.

Interview Questions

• Java : There was hashmap code written with errors in it.
      Javascript : function is declared. It is called with window.functionName(), will it execute?
      Answer Question