Commvault Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Commvault Interview Questions

Updated Oct 19, 2017

3.2

1. Featured Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Commvault in May 2017.

Interview

Was first contacted by recruiter. Met with the recruiter for a couple hours. He briefed me on the company, the position, and management philosophy. Then we talked about my background, current responsibilities, career objectives, etc.

It didn't feel like an interview at all...more like a conversation.

Recruiter recommended a face to face with the Commvault Interview team at their head quarters office. Company flew me in, had a car pick me up at the airport and arranged for a hotel room nearby.

Each person I interviewed with were A-Players, very focused and aligned on company objectives, inspirational, enjoyed working at the company...in technology working at the same company for more than 5 years is rare. At Commvault, there were many people that have worked there for 8+ years.

Interview Questions

• What is the one thing you don't like about product management?   1 Answer

Customer Support Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Commvault.

Interview

Interviewer was good, however job description was not accurate on the websites. It didn't completely said what they were looking for. The description just mentioned basics and they were looking for a senior position.

Anonymous Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Commvault.

Interview

Very poor receiving. Don't have any concern for students standing in line to meet them. Apparently, they get 2 questions, and use the same for all the students. So if you want to get in,make sure to send a friend before you, so that you can browse for answers before hand.

When you are genuine , your resume will be thrown into bin in front of you.

Strong suggestion: stay away.

Interview Questions

• String manipulation and tree traversal   1 Answer

Enterprise Territory Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Commvault.

Interview

Recruiter runs the show, including an initial screening interview. I don't think a candidate will get that far without the requisite industry-relevant experience. Hiring manager makes the decision, includes SEM, and director. I asked for and received a peer-interview, too. This helped immensely in determining what the gig was all about.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle hearing "no" from a prospect?   1 Answer

Mobile Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tinton Falls, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Commvault (Tinton Falls, NJ) in August 2017.

Interview

Applied for a mobile developer at NJ location. Wow, Interview was such a joke. The whole hiring process is outsourced to India. One guy emails me for available time, I reply back and no reply back from him. Next week out of the blue get a call from a guy if I am available tommorow, I say yes. I get the call, the interviewer is asking questions like he doesn't have my resume in front of him. I am an ios developer and he started asking questions about web development. I got confused as what was going on. He just straight up stopped interview after 10 mins, I even told him I applied for mobile developer position, I get reject within 15 mins. Way to make my self esteem down there guys.

Interview Questions

Commvault Response

Sep 6, 2017 – Employee Experience Team

Thank you for your feedback and for interviewing with Commvault.

I sincerely appreciate the time you took to provide feedback and I am sorry to hear that you had a negative interview experience... More

Client Support Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Commvault in July 2017.

Interview

Wasted my time! Spent 2 weeks researching the company and the Commcell software. Had great first interview with a wonderful person who said I'd be great for the position. Then got a call back a week later to say I wasn't getting a second interview.

Interview Questions

• Are you available next week for a phone interview?   1 Answer

Client Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tinton Falls, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Commvault (Tinton Falls, NJ) in July 2017.

Interview

HR call. Phone Interview followed by F2F Excellent Interview. I enjoyed by F2F interview so much. Best People. Never seen such a friendly interview. Amazing Technical people team.
    HR was very friendly. Handed me bottle of Water b4 Interview.

I also got paper work for Mileage. Which Co. on this earth pays for your Interview ?
    Simply the best. Truly, best Co to work in NY/NJ area.

Interview Questions

• Technical Questions on Backups/RMAN/UNIX
      Behaviour questions.   1 Answer

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Commvault.

Interview

Very good interviews and hiring process. Recruiter was great and kept me informed the whole time. In total there were 3 phone calls and 1 onsite interview with several staff. If you know the market and the channel you should be good.

Software Development Engineer Test Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Commvault (Jersey City, NJ) in May 2017.

Interview

It was rather a long and disappointing interview process. I was referred by an employee for SDET position (Automation Engineer ,Python). I gave three technical phone interviews prior to flying for the on-site interview.

Questions on technical phone interviews were fairly easy, ranging from OOPS concepts, OS concepts, compiler design and networking concepts. All the interviewers seemed unprepared to take interview and one of them went through my resume just before starting the interview.

On-site interviews consisted of 5 rounds starting from 9:30 am to 5 pm.

First round was taken by project manager who was rather too casual for a professional interview and didn't seem interested in knowing my background and interests. He started firing technical questions at me from OS domain and expected proper theoretical responses as I learned in my undergraduate degree (5 years back, currently I completed my masters degree).

Second round was taken by a senior engineer which went fairly well. He asked me some questions from my resume, some from c++ and gave me a puzzle in the end, which I solved under 2 minutes.

Then I gave 3 more rounds with 3 more engineers, all of them went good but I had this feeling in my gut that none of the interviewers were very knowledgeable and one of them was googling interview questions just to give me a hard time as I pointed out mistakes in 2 of his questions.

Overall, it was not a good experience, neither their HR department was good in communication nor their Engineering department was professional in interviewing process. I considered interviewing for the role just because my friend at the company convinced me that the work is good and I'll get to learn a lot. I got rejected after 3 weeks with some stupid reason which didn't made any sense. I wasted it 6-7 weeks of my time for this company and gained nothing much from the process and that's what makes it a bad experience.

Interview Questions

• OOPS , OS fundamentals, networking concepts, QA related basics   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Commvault.

Interview

Received an email asking me to take an online test with a webcam watching. The test also spies on the contents of your computer (set up a dummy account). Testing is obviously outsourced to India. Spelling errors, bad grammar in the instructions, plus the test environment is very buggy. You get an hour, and I probably spent a third of that fighting with the test itself. Afterwards I never heard from anyone again. No email or phone call. Very unprofessional company.

Interview Questions

• Increment the characters in a string so that all characters are unique.   Answer Question