Commvault Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Commvault Interview Questions

Updated May 31, 2018

3.1

1. Featured Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Commvault in May 2017.

Interview

Was first contacted by recruiter. Met with the recruiter for a couple hours. He briefed me on the company, the position, and management philosophy. Then we talked about my background, current responsibilities, career objectives, etc.

It didn't feel like an interview at all...more like a conversation.

Recruiter recommended a face to face with the Commvault Interview team at their head quarters office. Company flew me in, had a car pick me up at the airport and arranged for a hotel room nearby.

Each person I interviewed with were A-Players, very focused and aligned on company objectives, inspirational, enjoyed working at the company...in technology working at the same company for more than 5 years is rare. At Commvault, there were many people that have worked there for 8+ years.

Interview Questions

• What is the one thing you don't like about product management?   1 Answer

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Commvault (New York, NY).

Interview

They are cheaters specially the HR at NJ and NY. I wish these kind of people are not given jobs ,who are so sick to read atleast the resume.
    Trust me, one idiot contacted continuously and shared me a JD that is a match for my skillset. I have submitted my resume very moment as I have every other skill mentioned on it.
    After 1-2 days another idiot contacted me saying there would be 1st round of written test. I tried asking for more details about the job and test in the call. But I was put off saying any thing could be discussed after the test result.
    I gave my written test of algorithms, then after 3 weeks they come back saying second round which is telephonic. But as soon as the person called me, he asked to open laptop and started a written technical interview. I was asked about 10 -11 questions, which i have replied as well as coded for 45 minutes. I can see interviewer was satisfied with the way he spoke to me and about my responses.
    I waited for a month and half seeking response. One fine moment to break the silence, I have requested for my interview feed back to the HR. Here come's the reply that " my resume is not a match for job requirement. " WHAT!?!?!?!
    How come they find out now, my resume is no match to job requirement after conducting two rounds of interview?
    Did you post me a wrong job description in that case. Why? Have you edited it by any chance?
    Why couldn't it be figured out during initial screening and before inviting for interviews.
    What was the real reason behind conducting those interviews.
    Was that an instinct of a failure HR's and Technical professionals@company.
    Was that to show your stat figures to somebody or to give boon to somebody?

I wonder why are they even receiving salaries and are hired for jobs in US when they hardly fail to go thru resume. You are the real contributors for loss to the company as well as to job seekers.

Enterprise Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Commvault (Denver, CO) in February 2018.

Interview

Interviews with internal recruiter, team members, AVP of hiring manager, hiring manager. Put together a required presentation as part of the process. A lot of calls and in-person. Hiring manager was fairly lousy at follow-up, which concerned me that he would be the one to ask for something, but not acknowledge receipt, or not respond to your requests as one of his people. I'm still waiting for his promised call (win or lose) at the end of the process. They made an [understandably safe] choice of going with someone already doing a similar job. It seems he wanted a game manager, not a playoff winner.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through a strategic deal you won.   1 Answer

Sales Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Commvault (Santa Clara, CA) in January 2018.

Interview

6 separate phone interviews. 3 in-person interviews. Phone screening with recruiter. Call with hiring manager. Call with team members. Call with Director. Call with VP. In-person with hiring manager, in-person with sales rep. Call with sales rep boss.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle working with customer objections?   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tinton Falls, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Commvault (Tinton Falls, NJ) in December 2017.

Interview

You will first have a 40 min, 5 questions coding round. Questions aren't tough, but need to be quick in solving simple questions. Then had a telephonic interview. In this they touched upon systems topics like OS, Networking, Distributed Systems, Resume. Then got a system design question to be done in 2 days. Once this is done, they called me for an onsite interview. They gave me a Debug cum Design test. This is the challenging part of the whole process. You start the test at morning 9:30. You are given a long code, you need to fix the syntactic errors to start your system design. Then you need to fix the semantic errors. While doing this test, on an hourly basis, the interviewer will come and check your progress and ask you questions regarding this. You have until evening to complete this. But remember you need to complete this to crack the interview. Then post lunch, you will have three to four personal interviews. Mind you, you may get damn tired at the end of the day.

Interview Questions

• Questions on Threads, Socket programming, Filesystem basics, Concurrency,(semaphore, mutexes, locks). Questions about C programming, C++.   1 Answer

Customer Support Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Commvault.

Interview

Interviewer was good, however job description was not accurate on the websites. It didn't completely said what they were looking for. The description just mentioned basics and they were looking for a senior position.

Anonymous Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Commvault.

Interview

Very poor receiving. Don't have any concern for students standing in line to meet them. Apparently, they get 2 questions, and use the same for all the students. So if you want to get in,make sure to send a friend before you, so that you can browse for answers before hand.

When you are genuine , your resume will be thrown into bin in front of you.

Strong suggestion: stay away.

Interview Questions

• String manipulation and tree traversal   1 Answer

Enterprise Territory Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Commvault.

Interview

Recruiter runs the show, including an initial screening interview. I don't think a candidate will get that far without the requisite industry-relevant experience. Hiring manager makes the decision, includes SEM, and director. I asked for and received a peer-interview, too. This helped immensely in determining what the gig was all about.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle hearing "no" from a prospect?   1 Answer

Mobile Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tinton Falls, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Commvault (Tinton Falls, NJ) in August 2017.

Interview

Applied for a mobile developer at NJ location. Wow, Interview was such a joke. The whole hiring process is outsourced to India. One guy emails me for available time, I reply back and no reply back from him. Next week out of the blue get a call from a guy if I am available tommorow, I say yes. I get the call, the interviewer is asking questions like he doesn't have my resume in front of him. I am an ios developer and he started asking questions about web development. I got confused as what was going on. He just straight up stopped interview after 10 mins, I even told him I applied for mobile developer position, I get reject within 15 mins. Way to make my self esteem down there guys.

Interview Questions

Commvault Response

Sep 6, 2017 – Employee Experience Team

Thank you for your feedback and for interviewing with Commvault.

I sincerely appreciate the time you took to provide feedback and I am sorry to hear that you had a negative interview experience... More

Client Support Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Commvault in July 2017.

Interview

Wasted my time! Spent 2 weeks researching the company and the Commcell software. Had great first interview with a wonderful person who said I'd be great for the position. Then got a call back a week later to say I wasn't getting a second interview.

Interview Questions

• Are you available next week for a phone interview?   1 Answer

Customer Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tinton Falls, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Commvault (Tinton Falls, NJ) in July 2017.

Interview

First, it was a phone interview with someone from HR. Basically to see if you move on in the interview process. If you pass the phone interview, you have a face-to-face interview with the supervisors of the team as well as management. They ask basic customer service questions as well as basic networking questions. I