Compass Group USA Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Compass Group USA Interview Questions

Updated Apr 9, 2018

2.5

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Compass Group USA.

Interview

Initial phone interview was great. The person that I interacted with was friendly and inviting. I do think that working for the company will be great and I look forward to the next interview.

Interview Questions

• For the phone interview there were really no questions, this was more of an informational exchange.   1 Answer

Dishwasher Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Compass Group USA in March 2018.

Interview

Interviewer was polite and friendly, asked some tough questions. I applied for a position as a full time dishwasher at $13 an hour. I was passed up for a more experienced candidate. Later I got an email saying they could offer me the dishwasher position, and I thought maybe the first candidate hadn't worked out. Started filling out some of the paperwork, and then a few days later got a call saying he was actually offering me a job as a caterer for $8.50 an hour with "fluctuating" hours (but we'll start you off at 15.) The job I was working when I applied gave me a solid 35 hours a week at $11 per hour, so I declined.

Interview Questions

• Who was our favorite boss, and what did they teach you?   Answer Question

Catering Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Compass Group USA.

Interview

Had to visit the location in person 3 times and I was sent to another location for the follow up interview as well. Interviews followed by Security and Background Check

Interview Questions

• How can you handle working with demanding staff?   1 Answer

Interview

I was called after a week of applying. The interview process took about two weeks.
    Phone screen with recruiter
    In person with hiring manager
    Skype interview with another manager in the department

Cook Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lake Forest, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Compass Group USA (Lake Forest, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

Quick personal interview...non scripted. I felt I was getting to low the chef and his requirements. It didn't feel very corperate which I like... I felt as if the chef wanted to make sure of not only my experience and skills but also that i would match the personality he was tying to build for the kitchen.

Catering Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Compass Group USA.

Interview

A lot of scenarios. Asked for examples of how you would handle situations. If you are experienced and confident, the interview should be easy. Go over your experiences, good ones and bad and how you handled them.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about the most difficult client you have had and how you handled them.   Answer Question

CSM Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Compass Group USA.

Interview

It was very fun and smooth process, I had 3 interviews. the first one was with one person, 2nd with three people and last one with five people. after that I received the offer letter then the drug test.

Interview Questions

• why should we hire you for this position, and why we should not hire you for this position.   Answer Question

Director of Labor Implementation Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Compass Group USA (Charlotte, NC) in February 2017.

Interview

Initial review was via phone with the companies recruiters which then moves to the hiring manager. After the hiring manager (which may be a VP), you can then move to a group interview.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle conflict with other senior leaders within outside organizations.   1 Answer

Associate Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Compass Group USA (Charlotte, NC) in January 2017.

Interview

Obtained and set up through a recruiter. Met with two accounting managers. We glossed over recent experience, describing previous jobs. I was not expected to have much experience. I was asked specifically about Excel skills, and times I have used specific formulas. Behavioral questions were asked about organization, customer service, and other attributes.

Interview Questions

• Describe how you would handle specific customer service situations.   Answer Question
    • Give me an example of a time you used VLOOKUPS and pivot tables.   Answer Question

Marketing Manager Dining Services Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Compass Group USA (Seattle, WA) in January 2017.

Interview

Two month long process from initial contact to receiving the hiring decision. Initial interview was a phone screening with the recruiter and then the hiring manager. Afterwards, an invitation to a in person interview at their campus. Next that followed was an invitation to interview at the clients corporate headquarters in Seattle where Compass picked up the tab for travel and car service. Two groups of panel interviews. The first was with the immediate team and the second was with global stakeholders.

Interview Questions

• S.T.A.R. type questions regarding behavior responses on how you would handle a situation.   Answer Question