Compass Group USA Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Compass Group USA Interview Questions

Updated Apr 5, 2017

2.5

Catering Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Compass Group USA.

Interview

A lot of scenarios. Asked for examples of how you would handle situations. If you are experienced and confident, the interview should be easy. Go over your experiences, good ones and bad and how you handled them.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about the most difficult client you have had and how you handled them.   Answer Question

CSM Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Compass Group USA.

Interview

It was very fun and smooth process, I had 3 interviews. the first one was with one person, 2nd with three people and last one with five people. after that I received the offer letter then the drug test.

Interview Questions

• why should we hire you for this position, and why we should not hire you for this position.   Answer Question

Associate Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Compass Group USA (Charlotte, NC) in January 2017.

Interview

Obtained and set up through a recruiter. Met with two accounting managers. We glossed over recent experience, describing previous jobs. I was not expected to have much experience. I was asked specifically about Excel skills, and times I have used specific formulas. Behavioral questions were asked about organization, customer service, and other attributes.

Interview Questions

• Describe how you would handle specific customer service situations.   Answer Question
    • Give me an example of a time you used VLOOKUPS and pivot tables.   Answer Question

Catering Attendant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Compass Group USA (Philadelphia, PA).

Interview

The interview was quick and to the point. Not many questions about how you feel about this or that. Most questions related to job experience. It was a one on one interview and the interviewer was very nice.

Interview Questions

• How do feel about working in a position where you have a lot of wait time but cannot check your phone?   1 Answer

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Compass Group USA (New York, NY).

Interview

Applied online and heard back within a couple weeks. Process took a few more weeks after that.Two initial phone screens, in person interview with panel, and a final phone screen.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Compass Group USA (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

Applied online for a email the same night . Next day went to interview supervisor was really nice and asked simple questions she went over hiring process and the job description

Director of Dining Services Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Compass Group USA (Kansas City, MO) in December 2016.

Interview

First, I applied through Indeed via the phone app. I answered a few additional questions then filled out an application on the the company website. Within a few days I received an invitation to for a virtual interview. Basically, you log into a website and record your responses to 5 questions via your phone/tablet web cam. This was a little weird but went well. This is done on your schedule, no need to take time off from work or reschedule anything. It took about 15 min. Remember to dress up just like a regular in person interview. I was contact by HR a few hours later and asked to take an online test. The test is similar to the SAT. I was surprised by the difficulty of some questions. Next I had a quick phone interview with the district manager, met the client and was offered the position, all within a week or so.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Offer was very fair and straight forward

Clinical Dietitian Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Compass Group USA (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Very unprofessional on Compass Group's part. I was called in the middle of the day, telling me that the company was going through resumes to see who are the best candidates for the position. I was asked if "now was a good time for a phone interview."- which is a loaded question. I don't know why a phone interview couldn't be scheduled. Compass Group's major competitors don't pull unprofessional moves like this.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bristow, VA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Compass Group USA (Bristow, VA) in August 2016.

Interview

fairly lengthy, the background check took 6 weeks. other than that it was pretty standard. they didn't require a drug test, which I thought was odd considering it was located in a school.

Food Attendant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Compass Group USA (Detroit, MI) in July 2016.

Interview

Asked questions about my background in the restaurant field and what position would I like to work for and would I work on the weekends and holidays and travel to different places if required.

Interview Questions

• my background in catering and restaurant cooking   1 Answer