Compass Group USA Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 13, 2018

2.5

1. Featured Interview

Catering Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Compass Group USA.

Interview

Had to visit the location in person 3 times and I was sent to another location for the follow up interview as well. Interviews followed by Security and Background Check

Interview Questions

• How can you handle working with demanding staff?   1 Answer

Contract Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rye Brook, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Compass Group USA (Rye Brook, NY) in July 2013.

Interview

3 step process - all positions are temp to hire 3 months. Interview with attorneys and then with VP. After interviews there is a test for skills in MS office and Adobe.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult question was how I would handle workload in certain situations.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Received a letter via email

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bristow, VA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Compass Group USA (Bristow, VA) in August 2016.

Interview

fairly lengthy, the background check took 6 weeks. other than that it was pretty standard. they didn't require a drug test, which I thought was odd considering it was located in a school.

Associate Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Compass Group USA (Charlotte, NC) in January 2017.

Interview

Obtained and set up through a recruiter. Met with two accounting managers. We glossed over recent experience, describing previous jobs. I was not expected to have much experience. I was asked specifically about Excel skills, and times I have used specific formulas. Behavioral questions were asked about organization, customer service, and other attributes.

Interview Questions

• Describe how you would handle specific customer service situations.   Answer Question
    • Give me an example of a time you used VLOOKUPS and pivot tables.   Answer Question

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Compass Group USA.

Interview

2 tests to take - accounting and online personality assessment
    phone interview with temp agency
    in person interview - behavioral than technical questions. be specific. the accounting manager and supervisor are looking for long and thorough answers

was hired a few hours after. got directly hired instead of through a temp agency! received offer letter within the next week. they were in a hurry to hire a new batch before holidays

Associate Accountant Interview

Interview

First step is an accounting and Excel test, which if passed the next step is an online assessment. That should take 1 1/2 hours but, really lasts longer if you're trying to do well on it. Then there is a face to face interview with two individuals simultaneously. Questions, are mainly behavioural read from preselected questions, and your responses are noted in the interview itself.

Interview Questions

• Unexpected question: Tell us the type of excel formulas you've used?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Compass Group USA (Philadelphia, PA).

Interview

The interview was quick and to the point. Not many questions about how you feel about this or that. Most questions related to job experience. It was a one on one interview and the interviewer was very nice.

Interview Questions

• How do feel about working in a position where you have a lot of wait time but cannot check your phone?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Compass Group USA (Baltimore, MD) in August 2011.

Interview

I was a student who needed a job, I submitted my application and was told I would most likely be hired because of my experience in food service, and because they were currently hiring. I got a call back a few days later and was asked to come in and talk to the catering director and he basically asked for my availability and offered me the job. It was very laid back and easy.

Catering Attendant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Compass Group USA.

Interview

Got hired the day after my interview but it took about a week for my background to come back and I am still waiting for a call for my appt. And start date

Interview Questions

• basic questions they just wanted to make sure you are a people person and willing to learn   Answer Question

Catering Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Compass Group USA.

Interview

A lot of scenarios. Asked for examples of how you would handle situations. If you are experienced and confident, the interview should be easy. Go over your experiences, good ones and bad and how you handled them.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about the most difficult client you have had and how you handled them.   Answer Question