Compass Group USA Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 13, 2017

2.5

Cook Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lake Forest, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Compass Group USA (Lake Forest, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

Quick personal interview...non scripted. I felt I was getting to low the chef and his requirements. It didn't feel very corperate which I like... I felt as if the chef wanted to make sure of not only my experience and skills but also that i would match the personality he was tying to build for the kitchen.

Catering Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Compass Group USA.

Interview

A lot of scenarios. Asked for examples of how you would handle situations. If you are experienced and confident, the interview should be easy. Go over your experiences, good ones and bad and how you handled them.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about the most difficult client you have had and how you handled them.   Answer Question

CSM Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Compass Group USA.

Interview

It was very fun and smooth process, I had 3 interviews. the first one was with one person, 2nd with three people and last one with five people. after that I received the offer letter then the drug test.

Interview Questions

• why should we hire you for this position, and why we should not hire you for this position.   Answer Question

Director of Labor Implementation Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Compass Group USA (Charlotte, NC) in February 2017.

Interview

Initial review was via phone with the companies recruiters which then moves to the hiring manager. After the hiring manager (which may be a VP), you can then move to a group interview.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle conflict with other senior leaders within outside organizations.   1 Answer

Associate Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Compass Group USA (Charlotte, NC) in January 2017.

Interview

Obtained and set up through a recruiter. Met with two accounting managers. We glossed over recent experience, describing previous jobs. I was not expected to have much experience. I was asked specifically about Excel skills, and times I have used specific formulas. Behavioral questions were asked about organization, customer service, and other attributes.

Interview Questions

• Describe how you would handle specific customer service situations.   Answer Question
    • Give me an example of a time you used VLOOKUPS and pivot tables.   Answer Question

Marketing Manager Dining Services Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Compass Group USA (Seattle, WA) in January 2017.

Interview

Two month long process from initial contact to receiving the hiring decision. Initial interview was a phone screening with the recruiter and then the hiring manager. Afterwards, an invitation to a in person interview at their campus. Next that followed was an invitation to interview at the clients corporate headquarters in Seattle where Compass picked up the tab for travel and car service. Two groups of panel interviews. The first was with the immediate team and the second was with global stakeholders.

Interview Questions

• S.T.A.R. type questions regarding behavior responses on how you would handle a situation.   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Compass Group USA (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

Applied online for a email the same night . Next day went to interview supervisor was really nice and asked simple questions she went over hiring process and the job description

Director of Dining Services Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Compass Group USA (Kansas City, MO) in December 2016.

Interview

First, I applied through Indeed via the phone app. I answered a few additional questions then filled out an application on the the company website. Within a few days I received an invitation to for a virtual interview. Basically, you log into a website and record your responses to 5 questions via your phone/tablet web cam. This was a little weird but went well. This is done on your schedule, no need to take time off from work or reschedule anything. It took about 15 min. Remember to dress up just like a regular in person interview. I was contact by HR a few hours later and asked to take an online test. The test is similar to the SAT. I was surprised by the difficulty of some questions. Next I had a quick phone interview with the district manager, met the client and was offered the position, all within a week or so.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Offer was very fair and straight forward

Catering Attendant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Compass Group USA (Philadelphia, PA).

Interview

The interview was quick and to the point. Not many questions about how you feel about this or that. Most questions related to job experience. It was a one on one interview and the interviewer was very nice.

Interview Questions

• How do feel about working in a position where you have a lot of wait time but cannot check your phone?   1 Answer

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Compass Group USA (New York, NY).

Interview

Applied online and heard back within a couple weeks. Process took a few more weeks after that.Two initial phone screens, in person interview with panel, and a final phone screen.