Compound Photonics Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.8

Interviews for Top Jobs at Compound Photonics

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Compound Photonics (Vancouver, WA) in February 2018.

Interview

Screening, then series of 1 on 1 interview on site, followed by meeting with HR rep onsite. Very impressed with people I met. Was given a informal verbal offer by HR, which was rescinded 5 days later. Higher-up manager vetoed team's desire to hire. Never saw this person, never met this person, never talked with this person.

Suggestion to HR: Don't say things that you can't deliver. Better to be completely honest.
    Suggestion to others: Don't believe everything (anything) until it's in writing.

Interview Questions

• It was very conversational - one senior engineer talking with another.   Answer Question

Senior Embedded Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Compound Photonics (Vancouver, WA) in July 2016.

Interview

Phone screen by their technical recruiter, then phone screen by the hiring manager and program manager and then an on site interview. The onsite interview was half a day. Met with the hiring manager, two software engineers and one hardware engineer. All the interviewers were very friendly and personable.
    After the onsite, it took about one week to get an answer.

Interview Questions

• Why are you looking to make a change ?
      Do you think commuting to Vancouver will work for you ?   Answer Question

Tech Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Compound Photonics (Phoenix, AZ) in April 2015.

Interview

met with many people. no one really seemed to know what was going on. one guy talked about himself A LOT. No one really knew how to follow up.

Interview Questions

• what do you feel is your strongest asset?   1 Answer

LC Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Compound Photonics (Phoenix, AZ) in March 2015.

Interview

I was contacted by HR after seeing my profile on LinkedIn. I expressed interest in the job so she arranged a phone interview with the hiring manager. The hiring manager asked standard questions about my research experience. A few weeks ago, I was invited for an on-site interview where I met with various personnel. Simple questions about my past experience and various hypothetical situations involving work. A couple of weeks later, I received a job offer which I gladly accepted.

Interview Questions

• Will you be willing to move and live in Phoenix?   1 Answer

LC Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Compound Photonics in February 2018.

Interview

I initially applied online, they contacted me after a few weeks and set a time to talk to the recruiter. After talking to the recruiter, they set another interview for me with the hiring manager. During the interview with the hiring manager, the person explicitly told me that if a job is not done properly or on time, this manager easily shouts at the employees, and I should be ready for such an atmosphere. This person also told me that they want me to talk to their engineering team as the next level. One week after the interview, I emailed the recruiter to find out the result, it took them 2 weeks to say that they want to find a better match.
    A few months after this, I received another email from their recruiting team, saying that they want to again interview me. A few minutes later I got another email, saying that they sent the email to me as a mistake and apologized.
    2 or 3 weeks after this, I received a call from their recruiter about the fact that now they want to consider me for this position again and they want me to talk to the engineering team. In the interview, they were explicitly talking about their expectations of the following tasks "cleaning labs", "moving instruments", "fixing any instrument" and "staying overtime", besides the normal engineering tasks. One week after this interview, I again emailed the recruiter and asked if there is any update in regards to the decision. This person replied the same thing they told me in the first round that they want to find a person with a closer match to the job.