Compunetix Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 3, 2017

2.9

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Compunetix (Pittsburgh, PA) in March 2017.

Interview

I had two initial phone screens and two in person interviews that were very in depth. The phone screens were both about 45 minutes in length, the first in person interview took about six hours, and the final interview was about three hours long.

Interview Questions

• What was the spark I had that separated me from every other sales person looking to work as an Account Manager at the FSD Division at Compunetix? Why should we sire you when there are a lot more experienced people out there?   1 Answer

Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Compunetix.

Interview

phone interview

Software Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Compunetix (Pittsburgh, PA).

Interview

Got a phone call after applied in college career fair. Talked about backgrounds and positions.

Account Executive - Audio Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Compunetix in September 2013.

Interview

I applied for the position and was called by an internal recruiter to setup an interview time. I needed to allot 2 hours to the interview. When I arrived for the interview, the recruiter walked me through the process I should expect for the day. I spoke with the hiring manager, a person already in the position and the head of HR. Days later, I heard back saying they were impressed with me and wanted to me to come in an interview for a more technical position and their Video Conferencing division. So I again went there for 2 hours and spoke with the hiring manager and 2 others. I was told no further interviews should be expected. A week or so later, I received a message from the recruiter saying she had good news. When we finally connected later in the week, she said that originally had called to tell me that I was in the final 2 (although I'm not sure why she would call to tell me that). However, things had changed and the position was no longer available. I questioned her on which position since I had interviewed for 2 and she said the Video one. I asked her if this means I was still in the running for the Audio position and she said yes, but after weeks of dealing with the hiring manager not being around to make a decision, I ended up emailing the recruiter and letting her know I was no longer interested.

As interested as I was in the company during the interviews, I'm very happy that nothing came from it given the scattered way they handle the interview process. And as nice as everyone was that interviewed me, I'm still bothered that I spent 4 hours of my time and ultimately one of the positions was closed before they hired someone. From my vantage point, they don't seem to communicate too well internally and waste a lot of people's time in the process.

Interview Questions

• I don't recall any specific question being difficult or unexpected.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Compunetix.

Interview

The first round was only a resume discussion and about background relate to positon.
    Was then scheduled for a Technical Phone Interview. Was asked about RTOS, scheduling, data structure questions.

Anonymous Employee in Monroeville, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Compunetix (Monroeville, PA).

Interview

HR staff very helpful and pleasant. Interview process fine. Decision making by Sr Management for offer a little long.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Quick. They countered when I needed more money.

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Compunetix (Pittsburgh, PA) in March 2012.

Interview

I submitted a resume online by mailing the HR of this company. I got a call back within a week and they scheduled an interview in the next one. There were 4 rounds of phone interviews and an onsite interview as well.

Interview Questions

• char *ptr = "harry";
      What will be the output of the following snippet of code:

ptr[0] = 'k';
      printf("%s", *ptr);   2 Answers

Negotiation

They did not negotiate on the payscale but negotiated on the team I was to work on.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Compunetix (Pittsburgh, PA) in February 2012.

Interview

I was asked general behavioral questions: why compunetix? what interests you in this position, what programming languages do you know?

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Compunetix in April 2011.

Interview

multi person interview, technical questions, written test. Met with various members of the design team and discussed school related projects. Written test was pretty straight forward, some basic programming and transistor circuit design.

Interview Questions

• explain meta-stability and its effects on digital logic design   Answer Question

Manufacturing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Monroeville, PA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Compunetix (Monroeville, PA) in June 2010.

Interview

The interview was easy. All the questions asked were standard. The HR reps were very kind and pleasant to deal with. Few of the managers were nice. While taking a tour of the facility you can not help but notice the unhappy expressions on most of all the employees faces. Their seemed to be a disconnect between the employees and the managers. There are recognizable safety concerns throughtout the facility. While I was using the restroom, I overheard a manager that I had and interview with later, screaming at an employee in the hallway just outside.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There is no negotiation. They use the healthcare benefits as your incentive. There is no retirement plan. Look elsewhere. When someone says to you "you could do worse" this is the worse.