Con Edison Interview Questions

Updated Oct 26, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 320 of over 320 interviews

What people are saying about Con Edison

Join the conversation on
Join the conversation on

Con Edison

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at Con Edison

Interview

Long and drawn out. Led to believe that I was the only candidate, but that was not the case. They use the behavioral interview process, and despite assurances that I was a lock and that the role was opened up for me, they went with another candidate.

Interview Questions
  • Tell us about a time that you had to overcome a challenge.
    Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Con Edison (New York, NY)

Interview

An assessment done on computer. Followed by an in person interview a few weeks later, given by 2 human resource representatives. Several weeks later I was called to participate in a few simulated customer interactions. This was also with two human resource representatives.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Island City, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 months. I interviewed at Con Edison (Long Island City, NY) in Jul 2021

Interview

Way before the interview, you need to apply online and wait to be invited to come in and do a aptitude test. if its your first time trying-- you must also take a driving test before the aptitude test; its similar to the driving permit multiple choice test. The aptitude test is very tough, it is mainly logical questions but you need to be very fast with memorizing information and strategic with how you read questions. For example you need to find where X pipe is in relation to D water shed in terms of cardinal directions, but the compass in the question is not real life correct, and you must use the key to see which are those two things among several other objects scattered in the map. the test is timed so you must be fast or youll fail. there are several sections and if you fail one you cannot complete the rest. it took me about 4 hours. then there was another test i had to take, it was basically the same thing but this one only took me about an hour and a half. after passing all of this. you must take a physical exam consisting of various field like movements like erecting a ladder, pulling things out of a manhole, and unscrewing bolts. they are extremely strict on form to an insane level and about 80% of people fail this according to the proctors. If you just stay relaxed its extremely easy, i believe nerves is why most people fail. After that is the interview but I pulled out after the physical because of a back injury. I did however hear that it is quite easy mainly because of all the tests you had to take just to get there.

2 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Con Edison (Las Vegas, NV) in Jul 2021

Interview

The interview process went very smoothly. Good communication. The interview was conducted using Microsoft Teams to allow me to participate remotely. Overall the experience was positive and I look forward to hearing from them.

Interview Questions
  • They asked about my experience with power generation.

Con Edison

Application

I interviewed at Con Edison

Interview

Timed 2hr interview in a conference room with the section manager and another senior engineer. There was a small freeform component but the majority was based on their interview checklist, a mix of engineering related and HR questions. Note this interview happens after passing a scheduled computer-based exam which is the same that other employees would take for promotion into the title.

Interview Questions
  • If you were working on a job and disagreed with how some aspect of the job was being done, how would you act?
1 person found this interview helpful

Con Edison

Application

I interviewed at Con Edison

Interview

A warm conversation, honesty, genuine interest, not stressful, not strict, humorous, comprehensive, reassuring, flowing, explanatory. I felt good about it. It was very nice and cozy. I left happy and fulfilled.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Con Edison

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Con Edison

Interview

Applied for the position online. Received an email to take the exam and accept/decline the offer. Waiting on how the exam will be. Have no taken it but needed to fill this out in order to see everyone else’s comments.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Con Edison (New York, NY)

Interview

WAY TOO MANY QUESTIONS. The interviewers read questions off a paper and were not paying attention at all. One accounting supervisor was on his cell phone. They were like robots, and was immediately turned off by the staff.

Interview Questions
  • Tell us about a time you had to follow specific instructions?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Con Edison (New York, NY) in May 2021

Interview

Pretty straightforward. Apply on their website, get an email to schedule an technical interview. After the technical interview with 3 people, I did not know if there was another round. Got an email 2 weeks later to schedule a behavior interview with 5 people. (2 more new people for the behavioral.) It's been 2 weeks and nothing heard despite follow up emails given to them. But very nice people though!

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Con Edison

Application

I interviewed at Con Edison

Interview

To be honest I’m only writing this review so I can actually use Glassdoor. I applied to con ed I believe in 2020 dec and it’s now April of 2021 I received an email from them regarding my exam schedule etc so I have yet to go through the process I will update my response after my testing

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 320 Interviews