Concordia University Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 27, 2018

2.4

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Concordia University (Portland, OR).

Interview

Phone interview with recruiter discussing my qualifications and job benefits. Then a panel interview with 3 employees followed by a second interview panel with 4 employees and a presentation.

Interview Questions

• How would you distribute information to employees regarding the new laws regarding exempt and non exempt employees and what the changes mean   Answer Question

DIRECTOR of UNIVERSITY SERVICES Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orange, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Concordia University (Orange, CA).

Interview

I applied for the job online and my expertise set me apart from the rest of the pack. I received A phone call from Concordia's University Director Of Personnel, Pam Clavier to schedule an interview with the Hiring Committee and was given and offer after 2 two difficult interviews...relocated to Orange County, California

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Concordia University (Irvine, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

Submitted resume and had a meeting with Department Head. The interview was fairly standard with general inquiry and followed by other members of the Department providing feedback and a more in depth review of the position. I was notified a week later that a follow up interview would take place with the HR Director. I was then required to submit a background check and was hired once it cleared.

Interview Questions

• Standard questions regarding resume, many questions regarding faith and the role of faith in one's life   Answer Question

Adjunct Faculty Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Concordia University (Austin, TX) in May 2015.

Interview

The time, date, and location were set. But, there was some confusion on the part of the interview board. I got it right; they goofed but made a save. Instead of interviewing with my boss, I interviewed with my second level manager first. I met my boss later for an informal interview off campus. I knew after the off campus meeting that I had a job. The questions remained: what would I be earning? When would I start?

Interview Questions

• What is your overall approach to engaging students in the classroom?   Answer Question

Accountant Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Concordia University (Irvine, CA) in June 2012.

Interview

I interviewed with the CFO, whom is very professional and over all nice guy. I did a pre-screen interview with an agency over the phone and then face to face before meeting with the CFO. Since it's a religious environment I was required to provide religious beliefs details etc.

Interview Questions

• I was asked about my knowgledge in accounting, gap, SEC reporting, SOX and GAP   1 Answer

Negotiation

Negotiatin was not necessary.

Part Time Faculty Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mequon, WI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Concordia University (Mequon, WI) in June 2011.

Interview

Interviewed with the Dean of the school of MBA program. We met on campus after I submitted a copy of my resume to the school of business. I also followed up with a phone call to find out if they had a curriculum which matched the type of course I wanted to teach, they did and the dean requested I come in for an interview, as luck would have it for me they just lost their incumbant faculty member.

Interview Questions

• What made you want to teach at the graduate level?   1 Answer

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Concordia University (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in October 2017.

Interview

Unfair. The questions were not related to the job description, but rather trying to probe your personality. Most of questions were related to my attitude towards my former boss.

Teaching Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Concordia University (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in September 2017.

Interview

Meet briefly with professor after having submitted an application and your resume/CV to the department head. Less of an interview process as you are already matched according to your experience and qualifications and it is on a first come first serve basis. A short discussion of expectations with the professor is held and then any correspondence is done via email, phone, or in person when you are present in the weekly classes to invigilate, pass out or pick up tests/assignments/exams.

Interview Questions

• Questions regarding availability and expectations of workload and how best to work around teacher/student schedules.   1 Answer

AITS Helpdesk Operator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Concordia University (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in August 2016.

Interview

Written objective test to check basic knowledge of the networking. After shortlisting the candidate based on written, interviews are conducted within the same week. Interview consist mainly of question based on linux commands, TCP/IP etc. Need to read FAQ from AITS website, it will help.

Interview Questions

• What is the command to find running processes in linux?   1 Answer
    • Can we remotely run Concordia Matlab application from home computer?   1 Answer

Negotiation

The salary is fixed.

Teaching Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Concordia University.

Interview

It is a straight forward process. Apply in your specific department at the end of each semester if you want he job for next semester. Follow the applying procedure given by the department/university. Once you have applied wait for an interview call. Interview is very simple and straight forward (your knowledge is not tested), just be confident. You got the job!