Confluence Technologies Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.7

Interviews for Top Jobs at Confluence Technologies

QA Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Confluence Technologies (Pittsburgh, PA) in January 2017.

Interview

The overall process was straight forward, phone interview which followed an onsite interview. The phone interview was very easy, some behavioral questions that followed some basic core questions in the language you are most comfortable with.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Confluence Technologies (Pittsburgh, PA) in February 2016.

Interview

I applied online and received an email to set up a phone interview with the Client Project Manager a few days later. I prepared extensively by learning about what Confluence does and what the position would entail.

Admittedly, my application was a BIT of a stretch, but not by much. I have project management experience, but not 3 years (only 2), I do not have the preferred PMP certification, and I do not have any experience in the financial/investment industry. However, I still had a shot. At least, that's what I thought at first.

The interview started with the typical "tell me about yourself" question and we proceeded to go over my resume. She then asked about project management methodologies and which I prefer. I don't, because I've never used them. Because methodologies don't get things done, they're merely a guide. I said that there wasn't a great way to use just one methodology for what I'd previously done, because the projects were all extremely different. However, the Waterfall methodology is probably the closest to what I'd used in the past, because it's normal.

What she wanted to hear was that I love Agile or Waterfall or Six Sigma or Lean or whatever the current flavor of the week is. When I realized that, I knew that the rest of the interview was irrelevant. She seemed disinterested in any of the questions that I asked (sometimes only giving one word answers) and it was obvious that my resume was already in the trash. Her lack of interest was unprofessional, and I actually purposely asked her some really tough questions just to see how she'd react. She barely answered them.

Needless to say, I was not surprised when I got an email the next day saying that they wouldn't be moving forward with me.

Advice for potential Project Manager Candidates:
    - They clearly want an MBA, even though they're not saying it in the job description.
    - They want you to LOVE PM methodologies. You better have a favorite, despite her saying that they don't really use just one. If you say Agile or Waterfall, you'll probably get another interview.
    - When I asked what the work culture was like, she seemed to be having a hard time saying that it was a stressful work/life balance. As in, she was exhausted. From what I've read, I don't think it's all that great a place to work, and maybe I'm better off.

Quality Insurance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pitts, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Confluence Technologies (Pitts, PA) in March 2015.

Interview

Applied on campus career fair, after four weeks the recruiter contact me about the phone interview.The interviewer is the QA team manager,First introduce myself, and talked about the project on resume,and then he asked me a lot of behavior questions.such as Why you choose this position,why this company.

Interview Questions

• What is your favorite course in your school and why.   Answer Question
    • What do you think of team work , can you tell me about the team project, and what your responsibility   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Confluence Technologies (Pittsburgh, PA) in February 2015.

Interview

In a word disorganized. Was brought in for a full-stack position as a RoR/NodeJS developer but the initial phone interview consisted of only backend C#.NET questions. Code test was all SQL and C# which was pitifully easy for a senior position. If you apply for a front-end position here be aware that they don't know what that means and will not be able to evaluate your skills aside from asking HTML validation questions.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between and interface and an abstract class   1 Answer
    • What structure would you keep the months of the year in   1 Answer
    • Safe Class   1 Answer

QA Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Confluence Technologies (Pittsburgh, PA) in March 2011.

Interview

Met and talked with a group of people. we discussed to process there and the changes which were coming. I didn't get hit to hard with any crazy questions, standard interview with a test.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Confluence Technologies (Pittsburgh, PA) in October 2007.

Interview

I found out about the job through a recruiting service. After submitting my resume I was asked, through the recruiter, to take an online Visual Basic test. The test took about 30-40 minutes. My score was submitted directly to the company.

A day or so after taking the online test an interview was scheduled. I interviewed in the company's office with a panel of three people. Two were senior engineers and one was a manager in the development group. The interview consisted of a review of my resume with questions about my previous work experience.

This was followed by a three part coding test worked out by me on a whiteboard for the panel. One test was a general programming problem to solve in a C# style language. Another was a SQL problem and a third was an XML problem.

The interview was more challenging than some but not nearly as challenging as the most challenging interviews I've been on. All things considered I thought the process was fair.

Interview Questions

• How many lines of code were in <name of project I'd worked on previously>?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I did not negotiate as much as I should have. My advise for others considering an offer is to have a solid understanding of the market rates (using one of the various salary websites) and to be willing to negotiate for fair rate. This includes vacation time as well. The company is more willing to negotiate than they let on.