Conn's Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 31, 2017

2.1

Dialer Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Conn's (San Antonio, TX) in March 2017.

Interview

HR called me and got a basic rundown. 2 weeks later they scheduled an interview. Interview I met with 3 key members of management. Fairly easy going. They said will have a decision in 7 days.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Conn's (Phoenix, AZ) in February 2017.

Interview

it was pretty easy. I dont know what to expect after the phone interview. I believe i got the job. I think i will love it. Everyone seems friendly

Interview Questions

• the phone interview was pretty intense. they really dig deep back into your background. I should be good though.   Answer Question

FP&A Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in The Woodlands, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Conn's (The Woodlands, TX) in August 2016.

Interview

I applied for the opportunity, via Linkedin, to which I was called within a couple of days. I interviewed with HR, to whom was very nice and professional (30 minutes). I was then interviewed by the new FP&A Director, to whom was extremely knowledgeable and professional (45 minutes). When I arrived for my interview, I met with the FP&A Director, who spent one hour reviewing my financial modelling skills, current projects I would be assigned, etc. We spent an additional 15 minutes speaking, because the new CFO (Lee Wright) was late to my interview. Here is where things GOT WEIRD. He seemed polite initially, but when it was he and I alone in the conference room, he refused to look at my HR file (compiled with notes and my resume), and gave the following reasons for not wanting to move forward with the interview:

1. "There's no need for me to look at your resume, I already saw it, and you live too far." Lee Wright
    My response, "Yessir, I live downtown. Centrally -located so the commute is perfect."
    We discussed where I lived for 10 minutes.

2. "Well this job requires you have modelling skills, do you have that?" Lee Wright
    My response, "Yessir, I have had progressive experience in Corporate Finance, FInancial Analysis, Modelling, FP&A.........."
    We discussed this topic for another 15 minutes, as I attempted to explain how my experience aligns with what the role is requesting. I also spent time discussing what I understood about the Company's current state of restructuring, and how I could add value to that process. (I did my research)

3. I was asked if I could take a FInancial Modelling exam, to which I EAGERLY said YES.
    (I never heard from Conn's Home Plus in regards to this exam)

My overall experience with CFO, was a RED FLAG and a reflection on his ability to:

1. Manage Time effectively - Unprepared for the Interview and Late
    2. Assess and Quantify Potential Value Added - Did not ask leading questions to assess value
    3. Maintain a Healthy Work Culture - He is from a small town in Louisiana (do your research on that)

With the current state of the nation, it is important to hire management who has the ability to lead without the allowing social engineering to impact judgement.

Interview Questions

• Human Resources - Asked relevant questions regarding my experience
      FP&A Director - Asked detailed questions regarding my financial modelling, analysis, investor relations, presentations, and technical excel experience.
      CFO - Was not prepared, and primarily focused on where I lived (30 minute commute to the Woodlands)
      1 Answer

FP&A Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Conn's (Houston, TX) in August 2016.

Interview

I applied for the entry level analyst but got the interview for FP&A Analyst. I had a phone interview with the director. Asked a lot about modeling experience and details.

Collections Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Beaumont, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Conn's (Beaumont, TX) in July 2016.

Interview

I was contacted by the recruiter who told me that I needed to take an assessment. A few days later I was called to set up an interview. I was first interviewed by the recruiter, he was really upbeat. I then interviewed with one of the managers,she was really nice she asked me a few questions and told me a little bit about the job position. Afterwards, I met with another manager for some follow-up questions asked Why do you want to work for Conn's? She reviewed some of the answers that I gave to the other managers and told me how important punctuality was and asked about my availability.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation. Pay was pretty standard for all new hires.

Anonymous Employee in Spring, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Conn's (Spring, TX) in July 2016.

Interview

Super easy. Met with manager, was hired after drug test, background check, and employment history. The employment check is very specific, must be sure to know exactly what your beginning and ending dates were for past 5 jobs. Had to drive about 45 mins to the drug testing facility. My manager to be was very friendly, but made the job sound like a cakewalk. It most assuredly is not.

Interview Questions

• Do you like to sell? Are you willing to put in long hours? Describe what you did in past jobs.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was none.

Sales Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Conn's.

Interview

The process is very long and not productive. What they training you for is not what you need to work on the floor. They need better training staff and procedure. They sent me 2 weeks to Houston to train and when I got to my store it was completely different then what they train me for. What a waist of time.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chandler, AZ

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Conn's (Chandler, AZ) in May 2016.

Interview

It was super easy just filled out questions about situations how I would handle it also about past situations real easy. They ask you how much experience you have. Tells you what your duties are and if you have any questions. I got the interview by an agency so the manager didn't know how the process worked. She said I had all the experience and want me to join the team.

Interview Questions

• How many years of experience do you have in Cash handling? Also about customer service.

Do you mind alternating shifts and weekends retail hour?
      Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Conn's.

Interview

Super quick and easy interview. Just a review of what you put on your application, Nothing too hard, maybe 15 minutes if that. Interviewed twice, once with store manager and then with the DM. The background check takes the longest and can take up to 2 weeks all together.

Interview Questions

• What kind of sale experience do you have? How long? What did you sale?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Conn's.

Interview

They called me for an interview in person. It was at one of the stores and it was given by a district manager. Pretty simple, just answered questions nothing too big. It was a quick process took less than 15 minutes.