Consolidated Electrical Distributors Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 3, 2017

2.8

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fresno, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Consolidated Electrical Distributors (Fresno, CA).

Interview

Friendly atmosphere. Interviewer was very approachable and easy to talk with. Questions were based on soft skills experiences like working on a team and leadership qualities. Interview lasted longer than expected.

Summer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Consolidated Electrical Distributors (New York, NY).

Interview

There is a group interview day where you will take various personality and intelligence tests and then have an interview with one or two of the managers from the division. Usually the day ends with lunch, but be sure you stay on your game.

Management Trainee Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Consolidated Electrical Distributors (New York, NY).

Interview

I interviewed for the Management Trainee Program with CED recently. The interview begins with them asking you for questions about the position and and company, and they are clearly evaluating you to gauge your interest in the position. Several other candidates interviewing that day seemed to have little interest in actually taking the position (it was shortly after a job fair and they gave out interviews to almost all who showed any interest). They followed with general personality questions and finished with the Wonderlic Test (50 questions, 12 minutes to answer).

Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Luis Obispo, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Consolidated Electrical Distributors (San Luis Obispo, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

The first interview lasted two hours. The first portion was a normal interview. They went over the position and company, and I explained some parts of my resume. Afterwards I took an IQ test that consisted of 50 questions in 12 minutes. I then took a personality test (16 Personalities, I believe) at my own pace.

Interview Questions

• Describe a positive and negative experience you had in your work experience.   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in College Station, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Consolidated Electrical Distributors (College Station, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

Had an initial interview and then further assessments, which were pretty extensive. I was told that I would hear back from them, regardless of whether or not I got the position and I never did. I found this very inconsiderate.

Interview Questions

• On a scale of 1-10, how prone are you to taking big chances?   Answer Question

Consolidated Electrical Distributors Response

Feb 14, 2017 – Recruiting Advisor

Thank you very much for your honest feedback. CED proactively recruits for our management training and internship programs at hundreds of universities around the country. We make every effort to keep ... More

Manager-In-Training Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Consolidated Electrical Distributors (Seattle, WA) in September 2016.

Interview

Contacted through recruiter, whom which I met, took a few IQ tests with, and discussed the position. Set up initial meeting with Area manager in my local region, lasted about 1.5 hrs fairly standard interview, you are expected to have more than a few questions prepared. After first Interview set up second for about a week later. For second interview there was a tour of the facility, another round of questions, and four new tests. Was told that if all went well with the second round that there would be one last interview with the west coast rep. The second interview and testing took about 3 hours. Unfortunately I did not receive a third interview.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Consolidated Electrical Distributors.

Interview

it was a friendly, fun, enjoyable interview. I had a really good time and I felt really welcomed. However the process takes a very long time, and I am still waiting for the response.

Interview Questions

• The interview questions are pretty broad, and the manager was able to inform me with tons of useful information on the company. Most the questions are aiming to find out what kind of person you are and how comfortable with the role.   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Consolidated Electrical Distributors (Phoenix, AZ) in March 2016.

Interview

Once application submitted the process took about two weeks for an interview. The interview was straightforward but the aptitude and personality test did take quite a bit of time. Very in depth on the personality test. Seems overall like a good company but very thorough on the interview process.

Interview Questions

• What has prepared you for this job?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chico, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Consolidated Electrical Distributors (Chico, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

Two rounds of interviews. The first was with a recruiter and the second was with the division manager. The first interview asked about leadership, sales, management experience and was pretty straightforward. The company is relatively casual and made the interview conversational.

The second was very casual and went over about the same stuff but to a lesser degree. This session was more about finishing the testing.

I took a variety of tests (personality, Wonderlic) which took about an hour at the second interview. Whether they hire you or not seems to depend on how you score and they take the testing very seriously.

Management Trainee Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Consolidated Electrical Distributors.

Interview

Had three total interviews, each one consisted with meeting with an employee higher up in the company. They were very easy going and allowed you to explain yourself. They did not attack you or really put you on the spot. Be prepared to ask questions about the company. My overall experience with them was great. They made me feel wanted and gave me the opportunity to differentiate myself from other candidates.

Interview Questions

• One word that describes yourself   1 Answer