Consolidated Electrical Distributors Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Consolidated Electrical Distributors Interview Questions

Interviews at Consolidated Electrical Distributors

2.6

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gainesville, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Consolidated Electrical Distributors (Gainesville, FL) in January 2020.

Interview

In person interview after a career showcase at my school.
     30 minute in person interview followed by an I.Q test and a skills test.
     In person interview was easy and just basic questions about yourself and what you knew about the company.

Intern Interview

Interview

Submitted my resume at job fair, asked for interview not long after, it wasn't too hard, everyone was very nice and easy to communicate with, they offered job not long after interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chatsworth, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Consolidated Electrical Distributors (Chatsworth, CA) in August 2019.

Interview

The interview process offered by CED in Chatsworth, CA was challenging. It consisted of multiple one on one interviews, group exercises, and multiple tests that take a few hours to complete. Overall, they want to ensure that the people interested in their company have the qualifications necessary to thrive.

Accounts Payable Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kent, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Consolidated Electrical Distributors (Kent, WA) in July 2019.

Interview

Talked with someone over the phone, and then came in person for an interview. Met with him and he explained the position and the job but didn’t seem that he really knew what it entails. Talked next with the person I would have reported to, and she seemed overwhelmed, mentioning how much she loved the two women who were moving into a new role and didn’t want to let them go, and bragged on how great they were and how she didn’t want to lose them. Also mentioned how the role has a pecking order and you will answer front desk calls, and sometimes the phone will be ringing off the hook and you can’t do your work. Mentioned a laundry list of items they want you to do, but don’t show it in pay. The first person I spoke with had the nerve to try and justify that they pay low, but offer benefits. That should be standard. The second person I spoke with said she didn’t even have a chance to look at my resume. It was not a fit either way, and I was not interested in a company like that.

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Consolidated Electrical Distributors.

Interview

Not much of an interview. I was shown around the facilty, briefly discussed responsibilities of the workplace, then was prompted to take two assements, the Wonderlich test and a personaltiy-based questionaire.

Interview Questions

• Asked about what software I was familiar with   1 Answer

Management Trainee Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Consolidated Electrical Distributors.

Interview

Starts with a phone interview. Second round is a series of timed personality tests, and a wonderlic test at a nearby PC, and a 1-on-1 interview with the PC manager. 3rd round (if applicable) includes the PC manager, Division Manager, and potentially another manager.

Interview Questions

• Lots of questions about adaptability, finding unknowns, leadership.   1 Answer

Management Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boulder, CO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Consolidated Electrical Distributors (Boulder, CO).

Interview

The interview process was easy just mainly getting to know you and what you knew about the company. The interview was 2:1 and behavioral based questions. I applied through the fair and they contacted me a couple weeks later. One of the guys during the interview said, "I just want to hire her right now" b/c i was doing very well on all the questions. Later, I visited the Denver location and toured the facility and took 4 assessments that were not job related. They were the wonderlic and personality... I thought I did great. Didn't hear anything back from them for two weeks. I gave them a cal and they informed me that I was no longer a in the running. The fact that I had to call him and for him to tell me the way he did made it feel very unprofessional and left a sour taste in my mouth. I thought there was no doubt that I was getting that position...

Interview Questions

• What do you know about our company?
      Has someone questioned your leadership?
      What's your greatest strength & weakness?
      What would you do if you were asked to do something you didn't want to do?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Provo, UT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Consolidated Electrical Distributors (Provo, UT) in October 2018.

Interview

I met the recruiter at a college career fair. I got a call the same day to set up an interview. In the interview, the company was very open and transparent about CED. They explained to me how the Management Trainee program works and how the Profit Center Managers are given a lot of autonomy.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stillwater, OK

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Consolidated Electrical Distributors (Stillwater, OK) in September 2018.

Interview

Very friendly interviewer, conversational, had great things to say about the company while being honest at the same time. Opened the interview with simple questions to find out more about me.

Interview Questions

• What was a time of internal conflict you had and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Santa Barbara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Consolidated Electrical Distributors (Santa Barbara, CA) in July 2018.

Interview

I was called for an interview and when I arrived, I immediately started the interview. My manager went over the job duties and responsibilities and asked me a series of questions. I feel I did well and afterwards I was given a lot of skills and personality tests. I must have passed because I was offered the job but their were a ton of questions asked.