Consolidated Electrical Distributors Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 7, 2017

2.8

Financial Manager Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orange, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Consolidated Electrical Distributors (Orange, CA) in August 2017.

Interview

Reached out through college job website, got an email a couple days after. Set up an interview, then went to the office and went through interview and personality and problem solving tests. Heard back the following day saying I had not gotten the job.

Interview Questions

• What would your previous manager say your straights/weaknesses were?   Answer Question

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fresno, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Consolidated Electrical Distributors (Fresno, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

Interviews are followed by 4 tests two of which are cognitive and the other two are aptitude. One of the cognitive tests is the Wonderlic. The interview is informal and is based more on the willingness to work.

Manager Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Consolidated Electrical Distributors in April 2017.

Interview

Typical apply and set up a phone interview. The second round of interviewing, done in person at a local office, was more of a tour of the facility and two logic assessments and two personality assessments.

Interview Questions

• How interested are you in a sales based/profit sharing environment?   Answer Question

Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springdale, AR

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Consolidated Electrical Distributors (Springdale, AR) in March 2017.

Interview

Met at career fair, had formal interview the following day. Recruiter/Manager directed me to sit at a small table in his office then walked back to his desk so we had a good 15+ feet in between us... weird but not as weird when he took 2 phone calls even putting one of them on loudspeaker via his cell phone mid interview... unprofessional environment and lost interest after the face to face meeting. PS. at the end you take the Wonderlic test followed by 190 question personality assessment.

Trainee Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Consolidated Electrical Distributors in March 2017.

Interview

Met at a career fair at a college. Met for first interview with 5 people and took a 12 min timed test. If passed you then meet with the manager of a specific area. Where you talk with them and then take more test where you could possibly answer over 400 questions(4 tests). After that they will then contact you letting you know if you passed or not. Come knowing about the company and with good questions.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about the company?   1 Answer

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fresno, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Consolidated Electrical Distributors (Fresno, CA).

Interview

Friendly atmosphere. Interviewer was very approachable and easy to talk with. Questions were based on soft skills experiences like working on a team and leadership qualities. Interview lasted longer than expected.

Summer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Consolidated Electrical Distributors (New York, NY).

Interview

There is a group interview day where you will take various personality and intelligence tests and then have an interview with one or two of the managers from the division. Usually the day ends with lunch, but be sure you stay on your game.

Management Trainee Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Consolidated Electrical Distributors (New York, NY).

Interview

I interviewed for the Management Trainee Program with CED recently. The interview begins with them asking you for questions about the position and and company, and they are clearly evaluating you to gauge your interest in the position. Several other candidates interviewing that day seemed to have little interest in actually taking the position (it was shortly after a job fair and they gave out interviews to almost all who showed any interest). They followed with general personality questions and finished with the Wonderlic Test (50 questions, 12 minutes to answer).

Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Luis Obispo, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Consolidated Electrical Distributors (San Luis Obispo, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

The first interview lasted two hours. The first portion was a normal interview. They went over the position and company, and I explained some parts of my resume. Afterwards I took an IQ test that consisted of 50 questions in 12 minutes. I then took a personality test (16 Personalities, I believe) at my own pace.

Interview Questions

• Describe a positive and negative experience you had in your work experience.   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in College Station, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Consolidated Electrical Distributors (College Station, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

Had an initial interview and then further assessments, which were pretty extensive. I was told that I would hear back from them, regardless of whether or not I got the position and I never did. I found this very inconsiderate.

Interview Questions

• On a scale of 1-10, how prone are you to taking big chances?   Answer Question

Consolidated Electrical Distributors Response

Feb 14, 2017 – Recruiting Advisor

Thank you very much for your honest feedback. CED proactively recruits for our management training and internship programs at hundreds of universities around the country. We make every effort to keep... More