Consolidated Electrical Distributors Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Consolidated Electrical Distributors Interview Questions

Updated Oct 18, 2017

2.7

Management Trainee Programmer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Consolidated Electrical Distributors.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter by email asking to be called. I had an initial phone screen by Pareto Law one day after having had applied online. After this interview it's apparent that CED practices age discrimination and asks illegal questions during the phone screening.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your experience.   1 Answer
    • When did you graduate from college?   1 Answer

Oct 18, 2017 – Director of Management Training

CED is an equal opportunity employer, and does not discriminate based on age in hiring decisions. The Management Trainee position is an entry level position designed to provide 2-3 years of on the... More

Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Consolidated Electrical Distributors (Tampa, FL) in October 2017.

Interview

So after finding the place in the back of the building I walked in and was greeted by an employee asked to sit and offered water. After a few moments, manager came out and directed me to the conference room. Sat wherever, and he sat across from me. Fairly laid back interview, he talked to me some and described the company and the 2 tests I'd be taking asked if I had any questions. After that, brought the laptop and set me up to test.

The two tests were the Wonderlic IQ test (50 questions 12 minutes do as much as your can by don't worry if you don't finish), and their own 16PC test. (Personality and character test loosely based off myers briggs) .

After testing came back, talked about the tests some and finished off being asked if I have any questions.

Between not being a sales or business major and a fair chance I didn't meet their 16PC personality type, I was not offered the job.

So if I have any advice, come ready to look like you know and like sales, find what personality they are looking for, bring plenty of good questions to ask about the company (the deeper understanding and interest shown the better), and find a copy of the Wonderlic online maybe.

Interview Questions

Consolidated Electrical Distributors Response

Oct 16, 2017 – Director of Management Training

Thank you for your review. Our goal is to find the right fit for our company. We don't require that you have sales experience; however, we are a sales organization, so there needs to be some interest... More

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in College Station, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Consolidated Electrical Distributors (College Station, TX) in September 2017.

Interview

Showed up pretty early and got to share some conversation with some of the interviewers along with other students. The interview process was pretty relaxed and they had me take the wonderlic test afterwards.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here in particular.   1 Answer

Financial Manager Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orange, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Consolidated Electrical Distributors (Orange, CA) in August 2017.

Interview

Reached out through college job website, got an email a couple days after. Set up an interview, then went to the office and went through interview and personality and problem solving tests. Heard back the following day saying I had not gotten the job.

Interview Questions

• What would your previous manager say your straights/weaknesses were?   Answer Question

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fresno, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Consolidated Electrical Distributors (Fresno, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

Interviews are followed by 4 tests two of which are cognitive and the other two are aptitude. One of the cognitive tests is the Wonderlic. The interview is informal and is based more on the willingness to work.

Interview Questions

Consolidated Electrical Distributors Response

Oct 16, 2017 – Director of Management Training

Glad to have you on board. Thank you

Manager Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Consolidated Electrical Distributors in April 2017.

Interview

Typical apply and set up a phone interview. The second round of interviewing, done in person at a local office, was more of a tour of the facility and two logic assessments and two personality assessments.

Interview Questions

• How interested are you in a sales based/profit sharing environment?   Answer Question

Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springdale, AR

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Consolidated Electrical Distributors (Springdale, AR) in March 2017.

Interview

Met at career fair, had formal interview the following day. Recruiter/Manager directed me to sit at a small table in his office then walked back to his desk so we had a good 15+ feet in between us... weird but not as weird when he took 2 phone calls even putting one of them on loudspeaker via his cell phone mid interview... unprofessional environment and lost interest after the face to face meeting. PS. at the end you take the Wonderlic test followed by 190 question personality assessment.

Trainee Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Consolidated Electrical Distributors in March 2017.

Interview

Met at a career fair at a college. Met for first interview with 5 people and took a 12 min timed test. If passed you then meet with the manager of a specific area. Where you talk with them and then take more test where you could possibly answer over 400 questions(4 tests). After that they will then contact you letting you know if you passed or not. Come knowing about the company and with good questions.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about the company?   1 Answer

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fresno, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Consolidated Electrical Distributors (Fresno, CA).

Interview

Friendly atmosphere. Interviewer was very approachable and easy to talk with. Questions were based on soft skills experiences like working on a team and leadership qualities. Interview lasted longer than expected.

Summer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Consolidated Electrical Distributors (New York, NY).

Interview

There is a group interview day where you will take various personality and intelligence tests and then have an interview with one or two of the managers from the division. Usually the day ends with lunch, but be sure you stay on your game.