Consolidated Trading Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Consolidated Trading Interview Questions

Interviews for Top Jobs at Consolidated Trading

Trading Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Consolidated Trading in February 2017.

Interview

Phone interview, then On-site. The interview was pretty easy; the questions asked were behavioral, technical (math, coding, brainteaser, etc.). It is good to know why you want to work at this firm.

Interview Questions

• What is the expected number of rolls until you roll two sixes in a row on a standard dice?   Answer Question

Junior Trader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Consolidated Trading (Chicago, IL) in November 2016.

Interview

on campus recruit, 30 minute interview with an employee, got back result after 3 days.
    They didn't care if you have bussiness background, just wanted to know if you were smart enough
    The interviewer seemed very serious.

Interview Questions

• 1. why you are a fast learner
      2. What do you think about market
      3. math questions, eg:99X99   Answer Question

Assistant Trader Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Consolidated Trading (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Casual and laid back. 1 phone interview then they fly you to the Chicago Office. 1 brain teaser and 1 group interview for fit. They will let you know within 1 week whether u get an offer or not.

Interview Questions

• U paint the outer faces of a 10x10x10 cube. How many of the smaller 1x1x1 cubes get painted on   1 Answer

Trader Interview

Interview

on campus interview and super day on a Saturday. three rounds on super day: online test, brainteasers and group interview. test is 2hrs long, brainteasers one-on-one and group interview often is with a partner

Trading Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Consolidated Trading.

Interview

First some questions, then a brief introduction of the company history, and it's main business. Last, questions for the interviewer. Not many surprises. The interviewer looks nice. It is on-campus.

Interview Questions

• 1) About myself. 2) 3 things about traders. 3) hobbies. 4)Why hire you? 5) Math questions.   Answer Question

Trading Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Consolidated Trading in September 2015.

Interview

Applied on college campus recruiting. Interviewer gave a background of Consolidated,mentioned Consolidated is more risk inclined in prop trading firms in Chicago. Second round will be an aptitude test and on site in Chicago.

Interview Questions

• What are the three most important qualities as a trader? Why are you interested in trading? Tell me a little about yourself. A bunch of calculations questions, simple probabilities + expected payoff questions.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Consolidated Trading (Chicago, IL) in September 2015.

Interview

In-person group interview. There were three candidates including myself and they tried a bit to pit us against each other in how we answered the questions. Some probability questions, mostly fit and behavioral stuff.

Trader Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Consolidated Trading (Chicago, IL) in October 2014.

Interview

Round one: on campus interview
    Round two: on site group interview and brainteasers
    Round three: offer or decline

Overall, willing to answer any question that was relevant to the hiring process. I liked the group interviewing aspect. My interviewing peers were from top schools. Overall, great process.

If possible, apply for the position through their website AND through the school job board. I think you have a better chance that way. The best chance of all obviously, is to find someone at the company and have them recommend you, but I think that's pretty obvious.

Trade Interview

Interview

final round, 3 hours

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Consolidated Trading (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Round 1:
    1. What is your greatest weakness as a trader?
    2. What is your greatest strength?
    3. What motivates you to work?
    4. What attributes make a good trader?
    Math problems:
    18*36
    99^2

Probability:
    Fair dice, you as many dollars as you roll. What would you pay to play this game?
    What if I gave you two rolls?

Round 2:
    Brainteasers:
    1. There are lily pads in a pond. Each day the lily pads double in size. In 28 days the pond is full. How many days until the pond is ½ full?

2. You are on a gameshow. You will receive two envelops. You win what you select. You have to pick one envelop. 1 will have $0, and 1 will have $100. I offer to pay you $49 to NOT play and walk away. What do you do?
    2a. What is the envelopes contained $0 and $1 million. and I offered you $485K?

3. You are given 2 ropes and 1 lighter. The ropes burn unevenly but are guaranteed to burn completely in 1 hour. They are different lengths. How do you determine 45 mins?

4. 100 doors in a row, and all are closed. As you pass the doors you toggle them (if open → closed, if closed → open). You start by going across each door. Then you go to ever even door, then every third. You repeat this untill you only go to the 100th door and you stop. At the end of this how many and what doors will be open?

Group interview:

1. What are the qualities of a good trader - write down three.
        Why?
    2. Disciplined, smart, competitive - Rank those three.
        -trick question - discipline, discipline, discipline
    3. Do we hold positions?
    4. What are options?
    5. What is the SP trading at? 10 yr yield? Vix? IMW?
    6. Year 1 - how much do you want to make? Year 4?
    7. Who is the best candidate in this room? Why?
    8. Besides yourself, who would you want to hire?
    7. Biggest failure you’ve had to overcome, how’d you cope, what’d you do etc?

Interview Questions

• 5. What is the probability that 3 points on a circle will be in the same ½ of that circle.   2 Answers