Consumer Cellular Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Consumer Cellular

2.3

Information Technology Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Consumer Cellular (Portland, OR) in January 2014.

Interview

The hiring process was fairly straight forward. This consisted of a resume screening, 2 phone interviews and 1 in person interview followed by a week deliberation period after which notification was sent out that individuals were selected or not.
    Interview consisted of characteristic and technical questions, no questions were ambiguous or unexpected.

Interview Questions

• As always, one of the most difficult questions to answer well. "Tell us what your biggest failure has been? Furthermore, how you rectified the issue, if it was resolved"   Answer Question

Technical Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Consumer Cellular (Tempe, AZ).

Interview

Applied online was called for an interview, did an assessment once I arrived than was interviewed. Took about an hour or so. Was not my type of environment to work with.

Shipping Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tigard, OR

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Consumer Cellular (Tigard, OR) in July 2017.

Interview

After a quick walkthrough of the facility, I was brought into a conference room to be interviewed by a young male & female employee. It was an easy interview but they asked interesting questions that I hadn't prepared for. Fairly laid back atmosphere, had some laughs and talked honestly about past work history. Probably the best and most relaxed interview I've ever had.

Interview Questions

• What would your past manager say one of your weaknesses is?   Answer Question

Customer Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redmond, OR

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Consumer Cellular (Redmond, OR) in October 2018.

Interview

Went into to open interviews on a Tuesday afternoon. I was taken to a room to listen to a call ad then a tour of the facility, which is amazing. Then split up into individuals and had a sit down with a trainer. We were asked a few standard questions. Then taken into the hiring managers office, where if we passed offered a job.

Interview Questions

• describe a time you had to troubleshoot a device   1 Answer
    • How do you handle elderly customers   1 Answer
    • describe a time you had to handle a difficult situation   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Consumer Cellular (Tempe, AZ) in April 2017.

Interview

Really easy,walk in be dressed professional.rhey are looking for positive people because again your desling with the elderly.just be patient and whst you want in life will come to you

Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Consumer Cellular (Tempe, AZ) in February 2018.

Interview

Very easy interview. Basic customer service questions but they don’t tell you it’s possible you’ll be working a 10hour shift. You go meet with a recruiter and interview them they take you to do the assessment. The assessment is timed and you’ll have to listen to scenarios as well.

Anonymous Employee in Redmond, OR

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Consumer Cellular (Redmond, OR) in February 2015.

Interview

It was a group interview with 2 other candidates that also got hired with me at the end. They called as soon as got home to take a pee test and was hired. They will first do an over the phone interview and then depending on how that goes they will call you in for an interview and take you on the floor to listen to someone taking a call, so that you can get a feel for how the job works and then they'll take you and the other interviewers into a room to ask questions.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you helped someone with an electronic device.   1 Answer
    • What are your strengths and weaknesses?   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work here and what do you know about the company?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Consumer Cellular (Phoenix, AZ) in January 2019.

Interview

Went well. What your told in the interview is not what happens on the job They tell u ur in trading for a week then u apply what you learned. Then back in training to learn a new skill then apply on the floor. The sales training was 2 days then on the floor for 3-4 days. Then back in for customer service training 1 day. Then on the floor. Then back in for technical support training for 1.5 days. Then on the floor for the remainder of the time. No real support the interviewer tells u something totally different

Interview Questions

• Think of a time you made a mistake. How did u fix it or not able to fix   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Redmond, OR

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Consumer Cellular (Redmond, OR) in September 2018.

Interview

Quick tour and details of the company culture and philosophy; primary interview with multiple questions regarding handing adversity, conflict, and how I overcame the same, & details on pay, over-time, and benefits; secondary interview followed to review the primary interview and to cover any unanswered questions, which I had none. Very thorough and professional.

Interview Questions

• Name an experience where you had to make a major adjustment and what you did to overcome it.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Consumer Cellular (Tempe, AZ) in August 2018.

Interview

I went to the open house and completed an online application and submitted my resume. I did a phone interview and went on to do a second interview where i did a test. After the test i had a sit down with the recruiter where i was offered the job.