Consumers Credit Union (Michigan) Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Consumers Credit Union (Michigan) Interview Questions

Interviews at Consumers Credit Union (Michigan)

2.7

Interviews for Top Jobs at Consumers Credit Union (Michigan)

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kalamazoo, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Consumers Credit Union (Michigan) (Kalamazoo, MI).

Interview

It was a 2 person panel. They were very welcoming and greeted me with wide smiles. They were very relaxed. Genuinely wanted me to be comfortable. Cared about my personality more than my achievements. They asked questions based on my resume and were very specific on the information they wanted to know.

Marketing Intern Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Consumers Credit Union (Michigan).

Interview

Wonderful process. The position was for a summer internship and I interviewed with the Chief Marketing Director over the phone. She was warm and welcoming. She said that she really enjoyed that I knew a lot about the company and their current promotions. I was given an offer later that day.

Interview Questions

• Nothing too difficult. What are your weaknesses and strengths? Describe yourself.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did not negotiate. The salary, hours, and overall experience that I received were very generous for an intern.

Bank Teller Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Consumers Credit Union (Michigan).

Interview

3 interviews, shadow multiple locations.
    Unfortunately they hire in a rotation af a few weeks time.
    Essentially, your application could sit untouched for weeks.
    Once contacted you will be asked to undergo a recorded video interview. After this if you pass you will undergo a phone screening. Should you pass this you will be invited to a panel interview. Should this go well you will be asked to shadow at a branch to ensure that you are still interested in the position. Once you have completed all of these steps they may request you shadow at another branch location.
    Overall this method seems very drawn out and is very unrealistic for anyone that has prior obligations (job, school, etc whatever the case may be.)
    The people are incredibly friendly but do hope that your application isn’t submitted near one of their deadlines or you may go through all of these processes only to be turned down because they missed their hiring deadline.

Teller Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Consumers Credit Union (Michigan).

Interview

The application process is all online, and if I'm not mistaken they do hiring cycles every three months or so. The first step is to attend an informational meeting of sorts with other qualified applicants. I found this extremely helpful and a nice introduction to the company. After the meeting, if both parties want to move forward, an on-site interview is conducted at the particular branch in which you would be working. The interview was with both the Office Manager and Assistant Office Manager. It was a very standard interview process, no annoying hoops to jump through like skills tests or physicals. Overall a straightforward and relatively stress-free process.

Teller Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Consumers Credit Union (Michigan) in April 2019.

Interview

Went through 3 interviews. Longest process ever. Took them over two months to go through it. Wasn’t a good experience for a minimum wage job. Apparently this needs more words this is silly

Teller Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Consumers Credit Union (Michigan).

Interview

It is a lengthy interview process, but the hiring team was really good about setting expectations and communicating with me. Going through the process gave me a better understanding of who they are as a company and really increased my passion for working there.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time you had a conflict with a coworker and how you handled it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kalamazoo, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Consumers Credit Union (Michigan) (Kalamazoo, MI).

Interview

I applied online. I then had a computer-generated interview, then an HR interview, then an office interview, then they wanted me to interview in Kalamazoo. I know that they vet the person to make sure they are a right fit, but I kind of figured 4 interviews was a bit much. Also, they expected me to forgo going to my primary job as they asked for me to interview in midweek. As I could not drop my job, they said they will call if there are any jobs open in my area in Michigan.

Finance Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Consumers Credit Union (Michigan).

Interview

First interview will be done online through video recording of yourself. The entire interview will take approximately 30 minutes. There will be 9 questions and you will have 2 minutes to answer them. Make sure you have a good camera and a good audio recording on your computer.

Interview Questions

• 1. Tell me about yourself?
      2. What interested you in a position with Consumers Credit Union?
      3. What do you know about Consumers Credit Union?
      4. What are you looking to get out of this experience?
      5. What 3 words would you use to describe yourself at work?
      6. What do you do at your current job to promote teamwork?
      7. Do you feel you are a better individual contributor or a better team player?
      8. Tell us about your involvement with community organizations or volunteer work?
      9. Why should Consumers Credit Union hire you for this position?   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kalamazoo, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Consumers Credit Union (Michigan) (Kalamazoo, MI) in July 2015.

Interview

I had one phone interview, two in person interviews, and a branch visit. I was told each time that someone would let me know in the end either way if I was offered the position or not. I contacted someone when more time had passed than expected and was told that I would hear the following week. I have never heard anything since. I was frustrated because it took so long and so much of my time, just to hear nothing.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Consumers Credit Union? (This was the most common question asked between the interviews, and often was the first or last question)   Answer Question