Consumers Energy Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Consumers Energy

Sort:

Construction Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lansing, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Consumers Energy (Lansing, MI) in May 2015.

Interview

A recruiter came to the university to interview with me 1:1. The interview process lasted roughly 20 minuets. Most of the interview was a conversation and an opportunity to get to know each other. Before the interview was over i was offered the position on the spot.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I did not negotiate.

Journeyman Lineman Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jackson, MI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Consumers Energy (Jackson, MI) in March 2017.

Interview

Have to go to school for 4 years and then take the apprenticeship program for years. I have to work hard before I got fully paid for the job and be able to work with other people.

Clerical Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Traverse City, MI

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Consumers Energy (Traverse City, MI) in October 2016.

Interview

I went through an employment agency and had a phone interview. Then a second interview with the onsite Team Leader before employment at this company. So I was then introduced to the office crew, shown the office layout, and given clearance to work at this facility.

Interview Questions

• What do you consider one of your good work traits?   1 Answer

Internship Interview

Interview

Basic interview on campus following a career fair. STAR based questions followed by a chance to ask questions. Nothing technical, just behavioral type of questions. Both interviewers were friendly and happy to answer questions.

Interview Questions

• Name a time where you had to make a difficult choice in a group   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Consumers Energy (New York, NY).

Interview

I was contacted over the phone by the recruiters and I was asked questions about my application. This was my first application to an internship and I learned a lot from it.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Consumers Energy.

Interview

The interview was easy. The questions were very straightforward. I talks to a recruiter at a career fair and interviewed with them the next day. Took a few weeks to get back to me.

Anonymous Employee in Jackson, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Consumers Energy (Jackson, MI) in March 2013.

Interview

I received a call for a phone interview about a month after submitting my resume. I was asked basic behavioral questions. There were about 4 people in a conference that were apart of my interview. My interview was only about 10 minutes. There weren't any curveball questions. Always ask them questions! I heard back from them about a week later with an offer. A drug test and background check was administered before I was officially hired.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. The offer was based off your class level.

IT Interview

Anonymous Employee in East Lansing, MI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Consumers Energy (East Lansing, MI) in October 2017.

Interview

The interview process was very simple and the recruiter was very easy to communicate with. They got back with me in the time they said they would and gave me very specific details about what I should be looking forward to.

Interview Questions

• General interview questions... "tell me a time when" or "have you ever experienced"   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant III Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jackson, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Consumers Energy (Jackson, MI).

Interview

Worked as a contractor prior to being interviewed for position. Was referred for an open position by a current employee. Interview seemed very straightforward. Panel was willing to let you speak your mind as a current contractor on the pros/cons of being a contractor within the company. And took into consideration the time as a contractor as being a 'regular' employee.... which is very unusual.

Negotiation

I did not negotiate. Happy to be offered the position

Technical Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jackson, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Consumers Energy (Jackson, MI).

Interview

Online application through company web site. No option to mail in paper resumes.
    In-person interview with manager & 2 co-workers at the Jackson office. Single interview, followed by a brief tour of the department & workplace.
    About a month to hear back with an offer. People who are not the first choice often have to wait longer.
    After offer accepted, about 3 weeks before able to start. The company likes to hire people at the start of accounting quarters, or at the start of pay periods.

Interview Questions

• Equal mix of technical questions (what's the SQL command to yadda) and personality questions (How would you deal with an unreasonable user request ).
      Fairly straight forward interview.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. HR tells you (and your new manager) what pay grade you're going to get. Take it or leave it.