Consumers Energy Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Consumers Energy Interview Questions

Updated Sep 11, 2017

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Consumers Energy.

Interview

Interviewed with two engineers from the company. Basic behavioral interview. About a 30 minute long interview. One took notes while the other asked questions. Very friendly. Did not receive an offer because they wanted to pursue other candidates.

Interview Questions

• What does integrity mean to you and how do you display it in your life?   Answer Question

Call Center Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lansing, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Consumers Energy (Lansing, MI) in February 2017.

Interview

first the responded with email, then they called and had a interview over the phone and after passing they set up an interview. I met with 2 employees, very laid back and around 30 questions.

Interview Questions

• Why would you fit for the call center rep position?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Consumers Energy (New York, NY).

Interview

I was contacted over the phone by the recruiters and I was asked questions about my application. This was my first application to an internship and I learned a lot from it.

Meter Reader Interview

Interview

Informal one person interview, asked the usual interview questions. Lots of questions about the job itself and if you were willing to meet all the requirements of the job. Haven't heard anything yet

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Consumers Energy.

Interview

I talked to the company at the career fair twice, was offered an interview the next day. Interview was held on campus. The interview was pretty standard. I interviewed with 3 people, 2 who work in my field and 1 from HR, they asked a series of questions and then offered time for me to ask questions.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Consumers Energy.

Interview

The interview was easy. The questions were very straightforward. I talks to a recruiter at a career fair and interviewed with them the next day. Took a few weeks to get back to me.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakland, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Consumers Energy (Oakland, MI) in July 2016.

Interview

on-line, maybe phone call from placement specialist, or maybe nothing at all, if you get an interview 50% time it's already been determined who and it's just a formality. I have applied for many positions, some I was over qualified for, and never even received the thanks, but no-thanks form letter

Interview Questions

• How would you deliver bad or unpopular news, use an example and what positive outcome did it bring?   1 Answer

Scheduler Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lansing, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Consumers Energy (Lansing, MI).

Interview

Interviewers had to read from a script. T h ey weren't allowed to ask their own questions. Then they wrote down word for word my response. Very robotic and nonconversational. Took 6 weeks to start job so not for a person who needs to start quickly.

Call Center Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Rapids, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Consumers Energy (Grand Rapids, MI) in May 2016.

Interview

Hiring process took about 3/4 weeks from the time I applied. The first thing that they do is call you unannounced for a phone interview, if you do well enough for that they pass you along to the next process which is an in person interview with a panel of 3 or 4 people. The interview was pretty laid back and was a conversation

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time where you had to make a difficult decision   1 Answer

Customer Investigations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Flint, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Consumers Energy (Flint, MI) in March 2016.

Interview

Very hard behavioral questions, most are behavioral. Panel of 3 or 4 people makes it a little intimidating. Be sure to check every possible qualification on the online application. It will be a few weeks before you hear back.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time when you were in a crisis situation at work, how did you handle it?   Answer Question
    • What would your current or past supervisor say are your strengths and weaknesses?   Answer Question