Consumers Energy Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 14, 2017

3.1

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Consumers Energy (New York, NY).

Interview

I was contacted over the phone by the recruiters and I was asked questions about my application. This was my first application to an internship and I learned a lot from it.

Meter Reader Interview

Interview

Informal one person interview, asked the usual interview questions. Lots of questions about the job itself and if you were willing to meet all the requirements of the job. Haven't heard anything yet

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Consumers Energy.

Interview

I talked to the company at the career fair twice, was offered an interview the next day. Interview was held on campus. The interview was pretty standard. I interviewed with 3 people, 2 who work in my field and 1 from HR, they asked a series of questions and then offered time for me to ask questions.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Consumers Energy.

Interview

The interview was easy. The questions were very straightforward. I talks to a recruiter at a career fair and interviewed with them the next day. Took a few weeks to get back to me.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakland, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Consumers Energy (Oakland, MI) in July 2016.

Interview

on-line, maybe phone call from placement specialist, or maybe nothing at all, if you get an interview 50% time it's already been determined who and it's just a formality. I have applied for many positions, some I was over qualified for, and never even received the thanks, but no-thanks form letter

Interview Questions

• How would you deliver bad or unpopular news, use an example and what positive outcome did it bring?   1 Answer

Scheduler Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lansing, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Consumers Energy (Lansing, MI).

Interview

Interviewers had to read from a script. T h ey weren't allowed to ask their own questions. Then they wrote down word for word my response. Very robotic and nonconversational. Took 6 weeks to start job so not for a person who needs to start quickly.

Call Center Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Rapids, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Consumers Energy (Grand Rapids, MI) in May 2016.

Interview

Hiring process took about 3/4 weeks from the time I applied. The first thing that they do is call you unannounced for a phone interview, if you do well enough for that they pass you along to the next process which is an in person interview with a panel of 3 or 4 people. The interview was pretty laid back and was a conversation

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time where you had to make a difficult decision   1 Answer

Customer Investigations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Flint, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Consumers Energy (Flint, MI) in March 2016.

Interview

Very hard behavioral questions, most are behavioral. Panel of 3 or 4 people makes it a little intimidating. Be sure to check every possible qualification on the online application. It will be a few weeks before you hear back.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time when you were in a crisis situation at work, how did you handle it?   Answer Question
    • What would your current or past supervisor say are your strengths and weaknesses?   Answer Question

Plant Engineering Co-op Interview

Anonymous Employee in Essexville, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Consumers Energy (Essexville, MI) in December 2015.

Interview

I was interviewed by a panel of 4 individuals. Asked a series of questions that related mostly to leadership traits, prioritization and organizational skills, personal achievements and so on. It was not to far in depth when it comes to technical skills as the position is for a Co-op, but I would expect the engineering position interview would be substantially more challenging.

Interview Questions

• Give an instance where there was a conflict with a co-worker and how was the situation resolved and the following outcome.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did not negotiate, I was happy to take the job at the offered pay

Construction Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lansing, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Consumers Energy (Lansing, MI) in May 2015.

Interview

A recruiter came to the university to interview with me 1:1. The interview process lasted roughly 20 minuets. Most of the interview was a conversation and an opportunity to get to know each other. Before the interview was over i was offered the position on the spot.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I did not negotiate.