Contiki Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Contiki Interview Questions

Interviews at Contiki

3.4

Tour Manager Interview

Interview

Provide a presentation about a destination. It was a group interview and you must be comfortable with public speaking. Afterwards you must submit a long essay that consists of summaries based on all of the destinations on tour itineraries over 10,000 words long.

Interview Questions

• Please provide a presentation on a specified destination   Answer Question

Tour Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Contiki.

Interview

First you must fill out an online application. Once you do that, you must put together a collage that basically sells yourself to the company. They are looking for somebody who is fun, outgoing, unique, and charismatic. If they decide to get in contact with you, they will e-mail you and schedule a phone interview. If you make it to the next and final interview, they will email you and instruct you to fly to Anaheim for an in-person interview. You must fly yourself out there and pay for your own accommodation as well. They will have you prepare a small presentation of a destination for the in-person interview and will give you a knowledge test to make sure that you are at least somewhat competent. If everything goes well during the in-person interview, then they will invite you to go on a lengthy training trip with them. Keep in mind that this is not a job offer. You do not technically get the job until the end of the unpaid training trip.

Negotiation

There is no negotiation. They invite you on a training trip as a tryout for the job.

Tour Manager USA Interview

Anonymous Employee in Anaheim, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Contiki (Anaheim, CA) in January 2011.

Interview

The process was long and multi-faceted that was spread across 2 days. It involved a 10 minute presentation on an assigned topic (assigned in advance), a panel interview, group interview with 2-3 other candidates and a test on basic U.S. history and geography.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation and the job offer was contingent on successful completion of 3 week training trip.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Contiki (Singapore (Singapore)) in October 2011.

Interview

Met the brand head who asked the standard interview question 'Tell me about yourself' and it proceeded into a really friendly chat as she inquired more about my responsibilities in my previous roles and I shared my strengths and achievements.

Was called back for a second and final interview.

Interview Questions

• How can you generate 12,000 sales lead with a budget of $50,000?   1 Answer

Tour Guide Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Contiki (Sydney (Australia)) in October 2017.

Interview

1. Apply online.
    2. Conduct video interview - pre recorded questions with time to answer each.
    2. Conduct Group Interview.
    3. Conduct one-on-one interview.
    4. Commence a 64 day training program around Europe, after completing a major assignment on everything Europe.

Tour Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Contiki in January 2011.

Interview

After the online application, those who are selected for the next stage of selection have to make a presentation about a historical event/person eg Salvador Dali, a famous treaty, a battle, the London bridge etc etc. You can use really basic information (wikipedia is enough). It is important to make a clear presentation, to speak clearly and with an interesting tone, to look interesting while you speak. Those who made 'strange' presentations or improvised failed. Memorise your speech and practise it with your friends.
    You make this presentation in front of some people of the company and all the other applicants.
    It was cosy and friendly, not too serious, but be decent. They like to see alive, outgoing people.

If you are succusful, you can go for the private interview (you and two interviewers). You have to show that you cannot be easily manipulated, I mean, that you are stable in what you think and people cannot drag you here and there according to what they say or want. So they might start talking about some issue and then try to change your mind or argue with you to see if you can be stable, decisive and polite at the same time. They will ask you things about your journeys and recommendations about the cities you have visited. Finally, they will describe a situation that might go wrong with a customer and ask you what you would do. For example, what if someone is lost, or is causing problems in the hotel etc. I think this is where I failed. I don't know the correct attitude after all but I guess you have to show that you can think fast, under stressful conditions, you can solve problems independently and never freak out since a whole group of people depends on you.

Finally, they don't cover travel costs, but still half of the group travelled from other (close) countries (Germany, France).

Interview Questions

• What would you do if ... a customer is hurt/lost/violent etc.   1 Answer

Head of Department Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bondi (Australia)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Contiki (Bondi (Australia)) in July 2012.

Interview

The first interview was via Skype as I was in a different city. For the second interview it was with the MD and another department head - I was quite surprised they did not cover the cost of flights as this is what happened the previous week with an interview with Accor

SEM Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Contiki in September 2010.

Interview

Applied for the job through a job site. An interview was arranged fairly quickly. The office is small, start up-ish. One to one interview with the director. The company do hire hospitality students interns. May want to consider doing an internship to get a better understanding of the company.

Trip Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Florence (Italy)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Contiki (Florence (Italy)) in January 2018.

Interview

two on line pre selection interviews plus a group interview. If you succeed the group assessment /you need to expose a presentation of 3 minutes) they invite you for a personal interview. Only at this point they disclose you this is a contractor employement. So keep it in mind before applying. You'll save time and money if this is not what you are looking for.

Trip Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Interview

video interview (done online, see question and have to record answer then press send), group interview with 3 minute presentations on topics prepared beforehand (european history), personal interview if successful in the group interview, very difficult questions about other applications to other companies and why not work with companies previously worked with

Interview Questions

• name the best and worst candidates from the group interview presentations and why   Answer Question